News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Airwing Question and Advice  (Read 1477 times)

Offline admironheart

• later
  • Armies: Eldar,Exodites,Harlequins.Squats,Dark Eldar&BA
Airwing Question and Advice
« on: January 27, 2018, 02:18:07 PM »
Question?

If I have a Craftworld Army lets say Alaitoc and I have an AirWing Detachment of elder and Dark Eldar flyers...Is that a legal list?

I think so.....It just means that the AirWing will not get any army trait?  Correct?

Also...if you were going to add some Dark Eldar to an AirWing....how what units would you add to it and what equips?

thanks
"Battles are decided by slaughter and maneuver.  The greater the general, the more he contributes in manuever, the less he demands in slaughter"...Winston Churchill

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: Airwing Question and Advice
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2018, 04:19:45 PM »
Each Detachment is applicable for traits. So, as long as each detachment shares the same keywords, each detachment will get it's own traits. So, you Could have a Blood Angels Battalion, and a Raven Guard Supreme Command, as long as each individual detachment has all the same faction keywords, they'd get the benefits those offer.

So, in your example, the Alaitoc Detachment would get the Alaitoc stuff (as long as all units in the detachment have that keyword), and then the Dark Eldar airwing will get the Dark Eldar command benefits (once they are able to have some).

Dark Lances are really good, so I'd try to get a bunch of razorwings with dark lances. Cheapish, super fast and very deadly.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline admironheart

• later
  • Armies: Eldar,Exodites,Harlequins.Squats,Dark Eldar&BA
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 09:31:23 PM »
Thanks for moving this. I guess I worded it unclear.

Say I have 2 Alaitoc Detachments.
I then add a 3rd which is an Air Wing Detachment.

In it there is a Crimson Hunter Exarch and 2 Dark Eldar VoidRavens.

I assume this is a legal matched play army.
The only thing is the CHE would not get any army traits. Is this correct?
"Battles are decided by slaughter and maneuver.  The greater the general, the more he contributes in manuever, the less he demands in slaughter"...Winston Churchill

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 11:13:53 PM »
Yep.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 11:29:42 PM »
Yes. They're sharing the "Elf" keyword but not anything else. So the Craftworld units wouldn't get their craftworld bonus. Big incentive to not mix up the armies (unless Ynnari).

Offline Blazinghand

• Warlock | Master of the Ravenwing
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Die for the Emperor or die trying!
  • Armies: Eldar, Orks
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2018, 04:19:11 AM »
Yes. They're sharing the "Elf" keyword but not anything else. So the Craftworld units wouldn't get their craftworld bonus. Big incentive to not mix up the armies (unless Ynnari).

In the case of air wings:

Saim-Hann bonus doesn't help you
Biel-tan bonus doesn't help you
Iyanden bonus only helps CH+CH Exarch, not Hemlocks (except for movement, and Hemlocks should always Advance anyways)
Ulthwe bonus only helps CH+CH Exarch, not Hemlocks
Alaitoc bonus applies to everyone, though short-ranged Hemlocks may find it underwhelming.

I play Ulthwe, so if I were running a Hemlock Wraithfighter, I lose nothing by having it in a detachment of Aeldari with some Dark Eldar.
Quote from: Howard Zinn
There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing innocent people.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2018, 08:08:49 AM »
I was speaking generally.