News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1200pts doubles list - constructive criticism welcome  (Read 1658 times)

Offline themasterrabbbit

• pulse rifle spam = pure win
  • Armies: Tau, Dark Eldar, Dark Angels
1200pts doubles list - constructive criticism welcome
« on: July 6, 2013, 01:27:30 PM »
I'm going to the English invasion doubles ornament in August with a friend. The rules are that each player must have a legal 600pts list. Players can ally using the alliance matrix to create a single army (the same army counts as battle brothers). We own the models, with only the exception of the raider. Improvements would be much appreciated.  :)

His list:
Lilith Hesperax
8 whyches with hydra gauntlets
10warriors with dark lance
5trueborn with  2 splinter cannons in a venom

My list:
1 haemonculus with liquefier gun
5 warriors with blaster in a venom
5 warriors with blaster in a venom
1 razor wing jet fighter
1 ravager with disintergrator cannons

I have about 40 points left and he has 10 what should we spend them on?
This is a peace signature. For friendlier, more pleasant boards, copy this into you signature and keep a running tally at the bottom of how many other people you see with this signature.

tally: 2

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
Re: 1200pts doubles list - constructive criticism welcome
« Reply #1 on: July 8, 2013, 12:31:22 PM »
Initial thoughts...
  • Lelith and the Wyches don't appear to have a ride.  They won't last long on foot, so finding points to buy them a Raider would be a priority for me.
  • You haven't listed extra Splinter Cannons for the Venoms.  If this is because you haven't bought them, that's the next place to spend points.
  • Where does the Haemonculus go?  If you take my advice and buy a Raider for the Wyches, he can't ride in it (BDB p.112 - Battle Brothers' transports), but he could always sit with the Warriors to increase their surviability.
  • You appear to have quite a lot of anti-infantry in the list, and not very much anti-armour.  I would swap the Razorwing for a Voidraven, or the Disintegrator Ravager for a Dark Lance Ravager, or both.
  • If you get a Flickerfield for your flyer then it will never have to jink and sacrifice its shooting power.