News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Size of your 40k army (armies)  (Read 21997 times)

Offline Mr.Squid

• Feral Grot
Re: Size of your 40k army (armies)
« Reply #300 on: May 12, 2007, 09:14:43 PM »
Stormtroopers are 10, though the troop choice ones may be cheaper...

No there the same price, they just don't get Infiltrate or Deepstrike.

Mr.Squid
Maybe the regiment consists entirely of Ninjas who were orphaned by Dark Eldar slavers. With a score to settle, these black clad night assassins fight against their hated parent-murderers with laser shurikens and untold ferocity.

Offline Ownageforhire

• Slaves; Don't you just love them?
« Reply #301 on: May 13, 2007, 03:47:26 AM »
Well I've got 2k of dark eldar (Thats all i've ever fielded at once. I own about 6k with 3 or so not put together. ^^') -- LAzzzzyyy ness.

I also play space marines, my pwn chapter.. its a project ive been doing sence I was 12, its about 4k points includeing all. (I have 4 land raiders. dont ask why. )

I also recently started tau.. which i have 2k of. I bought the big boxed set and like 3 broadsides and some other normal suits.. its gonna be a mech army eventually.. with loads of suits and firewarriors in devilfish.. but w/e. Itls probly never be done at least this year.

-- So yeah!

Offline Skeeno M

• The Chibi is Strong with this One
  • GK
« Reply #302 on: May 13, 2007, 04:04:07 AM »
Well i usually only play 1000pts-1500pts but i got lots of extra stuff so if i add all of them it will probably be.....

2ooopts of grey knights
1000pts of IG
1500pts of Dark angels
2500pts of Tau

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #303 on: May 13, 2007, 01:40:07 PM »
wow this thread started in 2003. 

Death Guard about 3500 painted.  with probably another 500 points in a waiting line.

Terminator heavy Imperial Fists (Lysander Wingish) painted.  can't quite get to 2000 yet so I'll call it 1850.  With the necessary 150 points standing in line for paint as well.

Tau.  a little over 1000 points painted so far.  Should be up to 1250 by the end of the month as there are a bunch of guys in the front of the line.  and up to 1500 pretty soon. 

Wraith Guard.  pretty small little force that is probably no longer legal and which I have no idea as to the points costs as I have no Eldar dexes.  10 or so Wraith Guard, Wraith lord (older one) and a warlock.  about half painted.  these guys bring up the rear of the line.

Man I'd hate to be in that line.

later WG

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #304 on: May 13, 2007, 01:44:56 PM »
I was thinking of restarting it to only include painted models actually. It would give a bit more of an acurate spread I thought. Some rules to structure the thread might produce better results overall, I felt. What do you guys think?

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline eek 107

• PROTESF
« Reply #305 on: May 13, 2007, 02:05:40 PM »
Maybe get folks to break it up into unassembled/unpainted/painted.

"You know, I used to think it was awful that life was so unfair. Then I thought, wouldn't it be much worse if life were fair, and all the terrible things that happen to us come because we actually deserve them? So, now I take great comfort in the general hostility and unfairness of the universe."

Offline web ghost

• Lookit me! I did something useful!
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • "Beware of this and that" -Edward Gorey
« Reply #306 on: May 13, 2007, 02:46:12 PM »
While it would be nice to see only painted armies, that would leave a lot of people out.  For a lot of people the impetus is to collect, collect, collect not paint, paint, paint.  Perhaps a different thread for 'show us your armies!'  or some such thing which would probably only yield painted forces.  Or as Mr. McNeil suggested, a clause for the separation of painted and unpainted in the listage.

later WG

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
« Reply #307 on: May 13, 2007, 03:18:04 PM »
So as a new thread has been made, this one is locked and used as reference.

*click!*

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.