News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Sculpting Mandiblasters for an Autarch.  (Read 834 times)

Offline Reikai

• What 'bout my star?~*
Sculpting Mandiblasters for an Autarch.
« on: July 17, 2009, 04:17:14 PM »
Well, I'm trying to make an Autarch with Mandiblasters, and have gotten ahold of the limited Edition one, as I don't like the current Autarch with Mandiblasters model.  (Something about it just doesn't click with me D=)

I'm trying to equip it with Mandiblasters and after a bit of thinking, have kind of decided that the best way to go about doing it would be to sculpt them onto the model.  I'm just wondering, has anyone done something similar in the past?  Sculpted Mandiblasters?  (Possibly for an Autarch model as well.)

How did you go about doing it?  I know that one rather popular method is to use those bits from the Guardian sprue... (not sure what they are... but yeah.)  I'm not too big of a fan of that method, as they don't seem to look "mandiblastery" enough for me.  Does anyone else have any tips?

Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 04:21:23 PM by Reikai »

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
Re: Sculpting Mandiblasters for an Autarch.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2009, 06:25:15 PM »
I would roll up some egg shaped greenstuff blobs and stick them to the sides. From there it's just a matter of poking some detail in and smoothing it into the helmet. Shouldn't be very hard if you've got a steady hand!

Life is not measured by the moments in which we breath. Life is measured by the moments that take our breath away. -Carlin

Offline That 'Different' kid

• Screw being normal.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2009, 09:05:29 PM »
If your lucky enough to have an old striking scorpion head, thats probably the best solution- Just cut off all of the taily bit from the head, and resculpt a plume or w/e, and it makes a really nice autarch head, i did this for my jatbike autarch =P

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2009, 05:31:56 AM »
I used Ork bullets. Trimmed them from a bullet -belt and then stuck them onto the side of my autarch's helmet. Then I greenstuffed over them to mold them into the model and add pipes.

Offline AbuShaitahn

• I don't have a rat thing... I am a rat thing!!
    • Home of my models
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2009, 07:44:17 AM »
LOVE the bullet idea Lorizael and the model rocks!  Consider it stolen!  8)