News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: reforming the 40th Corps (from the EOT thing) now known as the 1759th imperial g  (Read 17828 times)

Offline Henimann

• General
  • "Nothing in front but the enemy" - 57th Solean
Re: reforming the 40th Corps (from the EOT thing)
« Reply #40 on: August 31, 2005, 08:41:35 PM »
Ooooh, sounds interesting guys, count me in:

Turador 17th Guards, "The Shadow-walkers"
Major Gregor Henimann Commanding

Specialization: Urban defense/guerilla warfare
Battle Honors:  Full-Service Award, War For Turador, 968-983;  Regimental Citation, Siege of Heimsgard, 989
Homeworld: Turador (Milleston IV) - City World

Originally raised in 967 as a Planetary Defense regiment, the 17th was thrown into battle after the near apocalyptic bombardment of their homeworld, and the 15 year long war against traitor forces that ensued.  Numbering only 3,000 men out of their original 25,000 by the end of the war, the regiment has proven itself to be a truly fearsome opponent on urban battlefields, being able to destroy enemies many times their number through the use of stealth tactics, massed close-range firepower, and precise, accurate volleys from its self-propelled howitzer batteries. 

I'll have roughly 1500 pts of these guys ready by Xmas in case GeeDub decides to throw a surprise campaign at us (heres hoping... :P)
« Last Edit: September 3, 2005, 02:35:59 PM by Captain Henimann »

Offline Sr. Commissar Gribb

• Senior Commissar
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Whoa! What's this guy doing on here?
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2005, 08:54:22 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to go in under our current chain of command. the campaign is still quite far away and we'll have plenty of time to update ranks/titles.
"The Old Guard" of 40kO

The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

Offline MarineForce1

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #42 on: August 31, 2005, 09:27:56 PM »
I'm an independant unit, cool. But I'd love to give those light regiments some much needed firepower. As for the name Spetsnaz it is the Russian special forces. which is what I am basing them off of. Even though they are Russian I'm not using Valhallen's but instead Cadians or the Ellysians from Forge world, minus jump packs.
"I have a plan so secret, not even I know whatr it is"-Lord militant Thomas Moore adressing one of his aides during one of his many defeats-

"Why did the big black thing just pop up into my deployment line? And why the hell are necrons comming out of it!?"-Lord Militant Thomas Moore after fighting Necrons for the first time-

"Tau are weak and easy to defeat!" -Lord Militant Thomas Moore at a peace confrence with a tau ethreal standing six feet behind him-

Offline ShadowDrake

• I love the smell of Promethium in the morning...
« Reply #43 on: August 31, 2005, 09:36:25 PM »
I think it would be a good idea to go in under our current chain of command. the campaign is still quite far away and we'll have plenty of time to update ranks/titles.

What exaclty are the ranks and titles and how do they work?
Sorry for asking a n00bish question...
"You'll notice that there arent any tanks. No leman russes, no basilisks. We dont need tanks to hide behind like the rest of the Imperial Guard. We're the 23rd Dracolian, son. That means that we've go the guts to drop in front of charging greenskins with no armour support and still come out on top. Thats what it means to be in the 23rd airborne."

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2005, 09:42:15 PM »
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 1, 2005, 02:24:54 AM »
and a brigade formed from the following regiments
32nd Valhallan Armoured regiment, led by Polkovnik Kaas.
14th Gundelsheimer Panzer Regiment, led (ellar)
ok you two can fight it out for what number your brigade is

Eller can take the top spot, as he has seniority.
*does a happy dance*

also ellar i needed to increase your kompaine to a regiment to fit it in, if you can give me a name of the co please,
Alrighty, it looks like Hauptmann (Captain) Alaric von Kreig just got himself a brevett promotion to Oberst (Colonel) Acaric von Kreig. It probably was time the Kompanie was expanded. Unless he needs stars for a Devision command spot?

Eller
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"

Offline Chuckles, The Space Marine Clown

• Can't Touch This; Captain; Swarmlord - Tyranid Sweatshop Operator; 40KO's Official WMD; "No American orphans, please"
  • Ancient
  • I kill, maim and torture because I care
« Reply #46 on: September 1, 2005, 04:30:02 AM »
I have no rank. I am rankless. I am without rank of any form. Just like Luke Skywalker after RotJ come to think of it...
The forum rules are fair and just. *twitch*

Offline Jonik

• Field Marshal
  • Ancient
« Reply #47 on: September 1, 2005, 06:56:13 AM »
89th imperial division

52nd EL Auren's Infantry Regiment - colonel Omarn (luke skyscraper)
76th thracian guard - captain jaharn (paximperator) (will need to combien with anonther unit, forming a veteran company)
as with the other brigade you need to let me know what your brigade is called,

23rd Krieg brigade (LT Kramer)
12th Death Korps of Krieg "Black Shadows" regiment, led by Oberst Kramer
3rd Death Korps of Krieg Panzer Regiment, led by commissar-captain Heninrich

113th Tolaren Brigade (Major Jonik)
113th Tolaren infantry regiment, led by acting LT Colonel Radlett
27th Tolaren Armoured regiment, led by Major Franklin

Cool, looks like I'm the ranking officer, but there is a commisar so I better not slip up...;)
Tolaren 23rd Grenadiers - Jonik's Imperial Guard 'Tale'
Chariots of the Dead - Jonik's Tomb Kings 'Tale'

My BfSP Dwarfs in exchange for your BfSP Goblins! PM me! I'm still looking!

Offline Sr. Commissar Gribb

• Senior Commissar
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Whoa! What's this guy doing on here?
« Reply #48 on: September 1, 2005, 08:49:20 AM »
I have no rank. I am rankless. I am without rank of any form. Just like Luke Skywalker after RotJ come to think of it...

Didn't he get an honorary military rank in the rebel alliance or.... um

back on subject.

yes all will be fixed soon enough.

if anyone has koonitz's address, he needs to be hogtied and brought in so that he may use his moddissarial powers in the interest of fixing ranks
"The Old Guard" of 40kO

The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

Offline Major Krämer

• Major
  • Kill the Xenos, purge the Xenos, burn the Xenos!!!
« Reply #49 on: September 1, 2005, 11:38:16 AM »
yay, I am under direct command of Jonik,looks like I'll have take orders this time! Luckily my comissar isthere to watch over everybody.
Oberst Krämer, commander-in-chief of the XIIº Regiment
of the DEATH KORPS OF KRIEG, also known as the black shadows

Offline HUSTLA123

• You can taste the rat.
« Reply #50 on: September 1, 2005, 12:55:01 PM »
Captain Ziedonis callsign "Hustla" reporting in with Terran 221st reservists, Sir!
We are a unit of Terran reservists formed to fight in the 1th Black Crusade. However, by the time we arrived in system at Cadia, the situation was already contained. SiInce then, we went back to Terra for about a year, and perticipated with wargames excercises with Marine forces. We were also recently called up to skirmish with small Tyranid advance forces from Fleet Kraken, and possibly other Tyranid fleet elements.
Currently, we are attached to Lord Inquisitor Xyphos and his retinue of Grey knights.
« Last Edit: September 1, 2005, 12:57:17 PM by HUSTLA123 »
explosions make me happy.
www.michaelsavage.c om
98% of the teen population has smoked weed, if you are the 2% that hasn't, put this in your signature.

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #51 on: September 1, 2005, 02:20:54 PM »
Ok, got a Regiment and a huge amount of fluff regarding my other forces, so post the newest stuff.

514th Cadian Guards (Now At Full Strength)

Cadian 514th
After performing extremely well in the Defense of Dantion against multiple hostile forces, the Battlegroup is currently being redeployed to face other threats to the Imperium.
After defending an Adepts Mechanicus excavation site from Cultists, the 514th have recently had Titan support attached, and operate as a large unit.
The Regiment is unconventional due to its use of 2 Mechanised Companies, 2 Armoured Companies, 1 Dominator Support Company, and a large number of 'Assisting Companies' - men from other Regiments and civilians who have joined the Illustrious 514th.
The Regiment has enough Chimera's to mount around half the Regiment, and enough militarised transports for the other half.
Stormtroopers, and Karskin are commonly seen in battle, as are standard Guardsmen who are issued the equipment.
After so many engagements, the Regiment recieved its Guards Title for '...courage, and ferocity above and beyond the call of duty.'
Commander in Chief is General Steven 'Whiskey Swiper' Prayton, who is seen as something as a loose cannon, after leading a near suicidal assualt on a factory complex, to prevent the collapse of the 514th's flank with only three platoons and a Squadron of LRMBTs.

The Battlegroup is currently being followed by elements of the unorthadox Ultramarines Successor Chapter - The Brother's of Ultramar.

Wherever the enemies of the Imperium attack, they shall find the 514th Waiting for them!

[What do you think?]

~Swipe.
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Joker2and53

• buried in a library...
« Reply #52 on: September 1, 2005, 03:19:58 PM »
I currently have no rank or status on this board whatsoever.  That said, I would like to join this event.  My second edition catachans have been repainted and remobilized now for fourth edition.  I have their fluff written up and can post it in it's entirety if needed.  However, the long and short of it is a garrison force from the Planet Jerichas, a system that has only raised one other regiment.  Hence, my army is known as the second Jerichas (no name yet), as the regiment has never been in combat and it's few veterans are those who returned from action wounded and were rehabilitated on Jerichas.  I have recently purchased a small inquisitor force, and see this event as an excellent opportunity to advance the timeline of my own planet and it’s forces.  The inquisitor’s background hasn’t been developed yet, but he will be a (relatively) new inquisitor who may have come to Jerichas to build an army to fight in the aforementioned campaign. 

Anyway, 2nd Jerichas Regimental would like a part in the crusade, and likely will have an attached Inquisitor with some grey knights. 

Jerichas 2nd Regimental (1st military action beyond the Alpha Braxius system)
Commanding Officer- Major Armstrong
I heart Bad Religion

Worst model ever = Dordin from Gaunt's Ghosts.  Whatever GW employee(s) gave the go ahead for Dordin to carry a las pistol, in his right hand no less, must be fired immidiately

Offline [dixon]

• BANNED
« Reply #53 on: September 1, 2005, 05:32:15 PM »
Are they doctrinized Catachans or Deathworld Vets?
I'm just curious, but it may make a difference to General Wellard.

Offline Joker2and53

• buried in a library...
« Reply #54 on: September 1, 2005, 05:39:37 PM »
They are just the catachan models.  They actually have a ghost grey and blue color scheme.  Most of them are the old metal second edition models.  I was going to go with a light infantry theme, but I had so many heavy and special weapons I just had to keep them all. 
I heart Bad Religion

Worst model ever = Dordin from Gaunt's Ghosts.  Whatever GW employee(s) gave the go ahead for Dordin to carry a las pistol, in his right hand no less, must be fired immidiately

Offline ShadowDrake

« Reply #55 on: September 1, 2005, 07:54:44 PM »
What he means is, for rules, do you use jungle fighters, ect... like the it says in the back of the codex, or do you use the Deathworld Veteran rules on the gw site.
If you dont have the rules, you should get them. I'd use them for catachans over the doctrine list any day.
"You'll notice that there arent any tanks. No leman russes, no basilisks. We dont need tanks to hide behind like the rest of the Imperial Guard. We're the 23rd Dracolian, son. That means that we've go the guts to drop in front of charging greenskins with no armour support and still come out on top. Thats what it means to be in the 23rd airborne."

Offline [dixon]

• BANNED
« Reply #56 on: September 1, 2005, 08:02:51 PM »
What he means is, for rules, do you use jungle fighters, ect... like the it says in the back of the codex, or do you use the Deathworld Veteran rules on the gw site.
If you dont have the rules, you should get them. I'd use them for catachans over the doctrine list any day.

Me too, but the Deathworld Vets list is pretty poor when not used on a jungle board.  I've been planning to make a 1k DWV list and an accompaning 4'x4' jungle board, but so far time and money have gotten in the way.

Offline Joker2and53

• buried in a library...
« Reply #57 on: September 1, 2005, 08:05:25 PM »
No, they are just plain imperial guard troopers.  Basic Stats, I do have the old catachan codex, payed the ten bucks for it too when it came out. 
I heart Bad Religion

Offline ShadowDrake

« Reply #58 on: September 1, 2005, 08:23:42 PM »
The deathworld vet list is a 4th ed. reprint of the 3rd ed Catachan Codex. I dont know why they called it "deathworld" and not "catachan"
Link is here
http://us.games-workshop.com/games/40k/catachans/gaming/codex/armylist.htm

Offline [dixon]

• BANNED
« Reply #59 on: September 1, 2005, 08:50:05 PM »
No, they are just plain imperial guard troopers.  Basic Stats, I do have the old catachan codex, payed the ten bucks for it too when it came out. 

Me too, but they're 'basic' guardsmen that cost 50% more.