News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: The Chain of Command  (Read 22195 times)

Offline Captain Spaff

• Captain
  • Pwned - sucka!
    • Wulfram: Free Online 1st Person Shooter Available For Download
Re: The Chain of Command
« Reply #220 on: March 9, 2005, 06:33:27 PM »
I could probably see an Abhuman officer listing being made in the near future once the new Abhuman doctrines settle in the minds of everyone, and people begin to dissect the list further to form some nifty regiments. At least that has more of a chance of success than my Skitarii chain of command idea :P
Venarskan Excavators: (Imperial Guard)-
Win=35
Loss=23
Draw=4

Offline Retired-Captain Alexander

• Captain
  • Cookies!
« Reply #221 on: March 10, 2005, 05:19:48 AM »
I've already started with a afriel strain regiment and there were a few people here who where going to field an ogryn army. I have a feeling also that abhumans aren't fully accepted and understood yet, it might take time, but I see that in the near future there will be an abundance a abhuman regiment.

A mind without purpose will walk in dark places

Offline Sr. Commissar Gribb

• Senior Commissar
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Whoa! What's this guy doing on here?
« Reply #222 on: March 10, 2005, 11:23:42 AM »
Ideas on Special Positions

Sergeant Major:(NCO) in charge of non-commissioned issues.

should really be a RSM (regimental sergeant major) its his train set and we should let him play with it!!!!!!! (comman saying in the british army)

This is exactly what I meant though I thought it was assumed that by Sergeant Major I meant the important one

Except that would require finding a new general and colonel for abhumans.  If their were members of that caliber that played abhuman armies, it could be a possibility, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.  Not to mention that abhumans are rarely commanded on the divisional level, which is what the other 'branches' if you will are based off.

Abhumans fall under the command of of the Infantry Commander meaning that General Wargamer (no pun intended) would be in charge of them.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2005, 11:28:15 AM by Sr. Commissar Gribb »
"The Old Guard" of 40kO

The most dangerous thing on the battlefield is a junior officer with a compass and a map.

• Captain
  • Cookies!
« Reply #223 on: March 14, 2005, 01:10:27 PM »
Now I've been looking around this chain of command stuff and it's very cool and all that stuff, but do you actually have to DO something when you are for example a lieutenant?

Offline Koonitz

• Ignorance is your greatest enemy
  • Ancient
« Reply #224 on: March 14, 2005, 01:19:06 PM »
Yes. Yes you do. You have to be an upstanding member of this forum, follow the rules as they are found for THE ENTIRE FORUM, not just the Imperial Guard section. You have to show exemplary support of the Imperial Guard, and, naturally, answer to your higher ups, report any misconduct on the Imperial Guard board to a moderator. Either myself, my Marshall, or one of the 40kO Administrators (Rasmus seems to be a popular choice, but there are others) will do (To note, this can be done by using the "Report to Moderator" function attached to every post).

Otherwise, pretty much what would normally be expected of you as an upstanding member of the forum community.
"I like to think of this lovely place as my home. Now you wouldn't even think about upsetting me in my home, would you? Of course you wouldn't. So do what I say, when I say, and I won't get upset. I do bad things when I'm upset."
-Drill Instructor, MechWarrior 2

"It is not my responsibility to prove you are wrong. It is your responsibility to prove you are right."
-Koonitz

"The next time you decide to stab me in the back, have the guts to do it to my face."
- Captain Malcolm Reynolds

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2005, 10:07:28 PM »
Also, it's important for all officers to keep an eye out for new members who deserve a commission through their deeds, ideas, and behaviour. Sometimes people fall through the cracks and the higher ranking officers fail to notice someone doing more than their share. It never hurts to PM positive feedback to Those Who Rule Above in Shadow as well as negative.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

ABigBadOgryn

« Reply #226 on: March 18, 2005, 04:50:20 PM »
Hey, hows it going everybody, long time no see. Didnt we do something like this back at EOT?

Offline Captain F. Bunny

• Captain
  • The Emperor protects.Because flak armour doesn't.
« Reply #227 on: March 18, 2005, 05:15:24 PM »
I do beleive the purpose of that back then was to dictate the overall troop movements in the campaign. This is just a "for fun" thing on the IG board to encourage more and higher quality participation.
Cadian 111th "Triple Aces"
Captain. 13th Company.
"First in, first killed. Welcome to the guard"

111th regimental fluff

Offline Major BigBadOgryn

• Major
  • Our pride is service, our duty is to die.
    • the best IG site on the net
« Reply #228 on: March 22, 2005, 08:06:52 PM »
Man, I was a colonel back then, I think, anyways, I guess I'll just have to work my way back up to something

Member Board 18 Chain of Command

From now until forever they shall utter our names. "Brave men," they'll say, "who fought for home and hearth; who stood proud when no light was left to see, when lands were drowned in blood. Strong men," they'll say, "who gave until their deaths."

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #229 on: March 23, 2005, 07:24:31 PM »
Hey...

I remember you. You were here from the start, weren't you? I seem to remember your name going back through all the old posts...

• Major
« Reply #230 on: March 23, 2005, 07:28:24 PM »
I've been with Grim's IG since the EZBoard days man, I've seen it all(well except for the last six months when I couldn't get on the net). I didn't get the Full Member status for nothing.

From now until forever they shall utter our names. "Brave men," they'll say, "who fought for home and hearth; who stood proud when no light was left to see, when lands were drowned in blood. Strong men," they'll say, "who gave until their deaths."

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #231 on: March 23, 2005, 07:57:56 PM »
No. Obviously not.

Welcome back, then.

• Major
« Reply #232 on: March 23, 2005, 09:05:20 PM »
Hehe, thanks, it is good to be back man.

Offline Eridain

• Kein Blut fuer Oel!!!
« Reply #233 on: May 25, 2005, 07:41:58 AM »
hi there,

id like to join up, so how exactly is it done?

perhaps i could get sth like my current real life rank which is lance corporal (german airforce reserve). like the sound of it, even if its low rank ;-)

so do i have to pm or will this suffice? please let me know.

on a sidenote: i have been playing guard for 8 yrs now, and my regiment is the 3eme Eridain Fusiliers (foreign legion oriented with officers in kepi blanc).

cheers, Eridain

• Captain
  • Cookies!
« Reply #234 on: May 25, 2005, 11:03:38 AM »
You have to earn your way into the chain of command. If you want to join then you have to prove it by sticking to the rules, support and defend the IG till your last breath (well not litterally of course :P) and be a upstanding member of the community. Then you'll have a chance to become a member of the chain of command. Oh the CoC begins at the rank of lieutenant.

EDIT: why is this topic un-stickied?

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #235 on: May 25, 2005, 12:27:03 PM »
If you want to be Lance Corporal, put it in your user name.  NCO ranks are not regulated by the CoC, although there has been some debate over special NCO ranks to be given to certain people (read above)

Alexander-  It is unstickied because there is a link to it in the IG FAQ.  We were getting far too cluttered with stickies, so the Lord Moddissar General condensed them into the FAQ.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED