News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: IG RPG redux - Round Seven Underway.  (Read 18291 times)

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
IG RPG redux - Round Seven Underway.
« on: April 25, 2007, 10:31:11 AM »
It was a fine morning to be flying.  The sun was rising above the hills, clouds were sparse, and the sky was a beautiful orange colour.  A fine morning to watch a shower of Mycetic Spores.

'Wait,' thought Major "Nubis," Commander of the 40th Corps Air Group.  'Mycetic Spores imply Tyranids.  amphetamine parrot.'

"This is the CAG, we have incoming Tyranids."

HOLY amphetamine parrot TYRANIDS.

That's right folks. Tyranids.

They're here.

At the Dodecahedron.

Want to fight them?

THEN GET READY FOR WAR AND WHATNOT!!!

RULES AND STUFF

Each player will have a character and direct subordinates chosen from the Codex at a points level dependent of his CoC rank.  As follows.

No Rank: Guardsman with Lasgun.  May be 'conscripted' into an officer's retinue, at the Officer's discretion.
Lieutenant: 50 points to spend.
Captain: 100 points to spend.
Major: 150 points to spend.
Lt. Colonel: 200 points to spend.
Colonel: 250 points to spend.
General: 300 points to spend.
Above: 350 points to spend.
Commissar: You're a Commissar.  You can take as much Wargear as the Codex says.  Roleplay out whether you're independent or attached to another Officer's staff.

Note:  All units with Advisors in their special rules count as Independent Characters instead.

Units may be chosen from anywhere in the codex, or supplements (Catachans, Imperial Armour and Armoured Company) and usual rules apply.  ALL wargear will have it's uses, so don't feel so limited about what to take.  You may have multiple units under your command, if you can afford them.  One 'model' will be you.

How you succeed will be dependent on both how likely your success would be under similar circumstances in a game of 40k (Stabbing that Carnifex with your bayonet?  Okay.  The bayonet breaks.  You get crunched in half by a Crushing Claw.  You die.) AND by how well written your posts are.  SO DON'T MAKE amphetamine parrotTY POSTS.  Why not?

When you're dead, you're dead.  Goodbye.  Have fun reading the rest, but your part to play is over.

An officer may issue orders to a subordinate.  If you're the same rank, roleplay out who has seniority.  Commissars can shoot officers, if it's justified.  Officers can throw subordinates in the brig, if it's justified.  This is an Imperial Guard base, so act like it is.

This first 'round' so to speak should include a nice in-character piece of gathering up your troops, reacting to warning alarms, getting prepped to head to the surface and whatnot, as well as what your points have been spent on.

Each round will last roughly 48 hours, after which there will be an update.  If you haven't posted by then, you'll be assumed to be dithering around, and if you are in a dangerous situation, are likely to die.  YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.

Oh and have fun.

THE FIRST REAL ROUND WILL START IN 48 HOURS.  IF YOU ARE NOT SIGNED UP BY THEN, YOU WILL NOT BE PARTICIPATING.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2007, 08:35:22 AM by Nubis »
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Talon Undecided

• Full Bird Colonel; Old School Necron Hunter Adept; Best Painted Rough Riders
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • kweh!
  • Armies: Astra Militarum, Evil Blood Ravens, AdMech
Re: IG RPG redux - ATTACK OF THE... INEBRIATED SATYR?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 10:59:44 AM »
Talon Raven gave a slight curse under his breath as the warning sirens went out throughout the complex. Every invading race has it's unique siren, and he knew what this one meant. Tyranids.

Damnit! He had only just wanted to take some of the paperwork from the Bureau of Tactica Imperialis Writing to bring back with him, and now he's stuck in a middle of a Tyranid invasion. Great.

Looking about, he knew that it'll take too long to saddle up and gather his Riders, but he needed something fast moving... his eyes searched the corridor for the signposts. Sentinel bay, thataway, said a pointing finger. Talon Raven wondered who had came up with the idea of such cartoon drawn signposts. Supposed to raise morale?

He wasted no time. He made a dash for the Sentinel bay, shouting for the Enginseers to prep a Sentinel for him, custom modified.

=========================================================

Talon Raven is now mounted on a Mars Pattern Sentinel with Extra Armour [50]
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:01:43 AM by Talon Raven »
Imperial Guard Poster of the year '09!
Good golly that was ages ago.

Astra what now?

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 11:35:52 AM »
The Siren Blared from the Raterial Guards barracks under the 40th Corps headquarters. It had been a good quite place, and Killersquid was napping while evading some of the administrative work the Corps had 'asked' him to do. He knew that he would not be doing any Emperor Damned administrative work now. He rushed to his bodyguards quarters and awoke his ratman followers, there were four of them, and Killersquid quickly shoved a lasgun into each of their paws and hurried them outside.

In the lawn outside Goyders office window, Lt.Killersquid could see the Spores in the sky. They were a kind of awing sight, but he knew he needed to find a weapon, and fast. Hurrying to the armory (his ratman entourage struggling to keep up) he spotted Talon Rushing the other way, he wondered were he was heading.

Panting and huffing he arrived at the huge steel armory doors and slid them open. Inside he awkwardly put on a suit of Carapace armor.
"All I need now is a gun!" he thought aloud. He noticed a Storm bolter though he was sure the recoil would tear his arms off, so He grabbed a Shotgun from the racks, and a fist full of Krak Grenades he shoved in his pockets.

He and his ratmen followers walked back outside to watch the spores fall.

"Freaking Tyranids" Killersquid quietly muttered.

Command squad -50Pt's
Junior Officer w/Carapace armor, shotgun, and krak grenades
four guardsmen with lasguns

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Goyder

• Workshy Lord Moddissar General, The King of Tanks
  • Ancient
  • Australian
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 11:42:25 AM »
"RED ALERT, THIS BASE IS ON RED ALERT, I REPEAT, RED ALERT, THIS BASE IS ON RED ALERT. RED ALERT, TH...."
The Lord Moddissar quickly looked up from the piles of paperwork that he never, ever seemed to got away from anymore. The warning Klaxon's and announcement took him by suprise.

"I could have sworn I had planned a drill for midnight tonight, not in the morning" he mused. He double checked his P.D.A once again just to double check, it wouldn't be suprising if his Staff Officer had gotten the time mixed up, especially if he had been drinking. So essentially, it was more than likely Rums fault.
Unfortunately, his P.D.A said otherwise. '...No freaking way'. Goyder quickly went for the Vox-Com "Give me a status report someone, what the hell is going on?!" He never had to wait for a reply as Marshall Pax burst through the door.

"Sir, we've got Nid spores comming down! We're under attack!" He quickly pointed outside the window. "Look!".

Goyder turned around in his 'lazy-officer' chair and stared at the window.

And watched as spores fell from the sky.

Sweet Emperors Udder! Where the beslubber is our space defences? Why the beslubber weren't we warned about this!? Why..." Goyder stopped. "amphetamine parrot, I guess I could keep asking why all I like, it still doesn't change the fact that we've got trouble knocking on the door step." Pax nodded.

"beslubber Pax, this is going to be great! Just like the old days!". Pax looked worried. "I haven't been in a proper battle since Medusa!" The Moddissar jumped from his chair, his eyes gleaming just like his shiny mechanical body. "Right, lets get this show on the road!"

Goyder picked up the Vox-Com, and selected base wide broadcast. "Officers and Soldiers of the 40th Corps, this is not a drill. We are indeed under attack by Tyranid forces, size unknown.  We have drilled for such a moment, and I know you will do well. Everyone who can make it to the counterattack rally point in sector 34 Grid D is to do so. The rest of you, make it to our preplanned defensive positions and hold in. Keep in Contact with myself and other Officers. Steel yourself with courage and defend the Emperors land. And for the love of all things good and true, insure my beloved 40th Corps comes through this intact. Get to it gentlemen!"

Goyder turned the Vox off. "Pax, I would advise you arm yourself and try to make it to the Rally point". The Lord Moddissar then pressed several buttons on his wrist, and his shoulder mounted weapon powered up to life and immediately cocked itself.

"Glad to know it still works sir, I was worried that you wouldn't be able to get it up"

"Don't worry, I saw a Tech-Priest after the last incident with that Eldar".

Picking up the Vox again, he called in an unknown number. "Baby, wake up, it's time to go". His Leman Russ Exterminator should know be powered up and moving to the correct position thanks to a fantastic voice operated and automated system that was recently installed by a some what mad Tech-Priest.

"Sir, good luck."

"You too Pax. Once I get on the way to the rally point, hopefully I'll be able to get a better picture on what the hell is going on here". A small green light on Goyders right arm lit up. "Thats my ride, you better get your ass in gear".

The Lord Moddissar General and the Marshal both saluted.

"amphetamine parrot, I've allways wanted to do this!" yelled Goyder in a girlish glee. Quickly spinning around he made for the window as fast as his mechanical legs would let him. He jumped through window with an allmighty crash and fell to the ground bellow.

He landed with an allmighty crash, but still  landed on his two feet right next to his Leman Russ Exterminator. His armour and hydraulics didn't even complain. Picking himself up, he looked up to a surprised Marshall staring down at him. 'Emperor damn' thought Goyder. 'I'm bad-ass!'. Quickly pulling out a Cigar and lighting it (just in case anyone else saw the event, it would be forever immortalised in their heads) he hoped up into his personal ride. Luckily for him, the crew he had on Permanent standby where still in the tank, albeit surprised.

"Get your ass in gear gents, we've got a rendezvous point to get too!" And with that, they were off.

And the spores just kept falling from the sky.

======================================
Lord Moddissar General Goyder
Techpriest
  - Honrofica Imperalis
  - Power Weapon
  - 'Personal Defence Weapon' - Counts as Storm Bolter
  - Trademark Item (Cigar)
  =85 points

Leman Russ Exterminator - Command Tank (Pride of Caprica)
  - Improved Comms
  - Hull Heavy Bolter
  - Sponson Heavy Bolter's
  - Pintle mounted Heavy Stubber
  - Extra Armour
  - Rough Terrain Modification
  - Smoke Launchers
  - Searchlight

Total = 346 points.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 11:48:07 AM by Goyder »
Real men fight in Tanks!

Offline Vespasian Swiper

• Dear Live Journal...
  • Damn Dora...
    • Club DM
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 12:11:02 PM »
Swiper stood on the edge of his barracks as hundreds of men dashed out seconds after the large red *WARNING!!!* light began flashing, readying their lasguns, he turned around and wandered back inside, grabbing his flak armour, lasgun, bayonet, helmet and... well thats all Guardsmen get issued with. He sighed as he loaded two lasgun clips into his webbing and one into his lasgun. He dashed out and saw a load of men standing around a large screen, "Whats happening?" he asked.

"Yhwh-condemned bugs gonna whack us Swipey!" shouted a generic guardsman to his right. He was called over by the Quatermaster, and ushered over to a squad on the far right and awaited his orders.
Its an even stranger day when you have a fat Games Workshop-Fanboy Ninja declare to end you for something you did for April Fools on Teh Interwebz.

It's a strange day in the world where I find myself agreeing more often than not with Swiper.  :D

Offline Corrupt

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 12:20:07 PM »
Guardsman Corrupt roused himself lethargically from his cot, the flashing red and whining siren not registering. Suddenly he registered the noise and heard the cries of "Tyranids" as a sergeant pulled him to his feet
"GUARDSMAN!!!"
He quickly shuffled to attnetion in his vest and boxers
"Sergeant!"
"We have Tyranids landing all over the show you complete smacktard. I swear if you joined an abhuman company you wouldn't have the brains to reach Bone Ead...GET YOURSELF KITTED OUT"
"YES SERGEANT"
Cursing under his breath at the situation interrupting his one lie in of the month, he pulled on his fatigues, squeezing his flak armour over his head and donning his helmet. Pulling on his webbing and clipping it closed at he reached the armoury and drew out his lasgun, loading one of his 4 cells of ammo, feeling reassured as the power guage filled to show a full charge.
Catching Lt Killersquid and his command squad dashing by he springted over he decided an abhuman officer was better than no orders at all so until his own CO was to be found...
"Sir Guardsman Corrupt kitted out and reporting to repel invaders SIR!"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:45:49 PM by Corrupt »

Offline Lord Commissar Spiteful

• Commissar
  • Ancient
  • Only Survivor of the Spiteful Incident
  • Armies: Guard
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 12:31:20 PM »
Spiteful rolled out of bed and landed on the floor hard. Swearing so hard that even a Catachan would blush, he picked himself up and reached for the boltpistol under his bunk.

"Why deos this always happen the second you get back from a fething campaign."Having handled the deployment of his beloved Janus 1st back to their system, he had just gotten back into the Dodecahedron two hours ago.

"Didn't even know the stinking nids were in this system." Jumping to his feet he raced to the door and grabbed his stormcoat from the doorknob. Loading his Bolt Pistol as he ran, he mentaly counted the doors as he tried to keep track of the maze of the dodecohedron. Soldiers of all ranks brushed past him as they moved to their respective positions for this emergancy. He nearly missed his count in the confusion. At the end of the fith corridor he took a quick left and entered the second door.

He was confronted by scenes of rushed activity as men donned black carapace armour and powered up their hellguns. The stormtroopers jumped to attention when they noticed the commissar.

"Boys I heard a rumour about some bugs. Can you bum me a ride?"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Taking a Leaf from Goyder's book:
Bolt Pistol                                                                 
Powersword (mastercrafted)                                 
Macharian Cross                                                     
Carapace Armour (Ridin with the STs ;))                 
Meltabomb                                                               
--------------------------
Total                                                                 46 pts

« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 08:46:22 AM by Goyder »
Ordo Sepulturum
Hunt for the Terminus Est

Offline wellard

• Master Gunner
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 12:33:33 PM »
"STAND TOO!!! STAND TOO!! all crews to their vehicles! MOVE PEOPLE!!

the master gunner puts down the vox mic, and looks around the artillery comand post, the young staff officers charmly awaiting orders,

"SO2 G2, sit rep now, if your not to buzy." said wellard

"we have a major shower of spores inbound now, the hydras are engadging now, sir" stated the SO2.

"good, everyone one else start working on what there possible landing sites are." finshed wellard

=========================================

armoured company list (artillery company doctrine)

hq,

command tank chimrea turret autocannon, and hull heavy bolter, camo netting, pintle heavy stubber, side skirts, ace gunners,
143 points

troops

2 basilisks, with camo netting,
202 points
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 02:24:19 PM by wellard »
They shall grow not old as we that are left grow old. Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning.

We will remember them

Offline Andro Ist Keine Schwedischen

• Da Biggest; His Fluffiness; Warboss
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 01:45:25 PM »
Andromidius sighed deeply.  It was all happening again.

Why was it always Tyranids?  They just kept on coming, wave after wave after wave, until his forces ran out of ammo and had to run away again.  Only this time he had no men, because they were all dead from last time.

Instead he had been sent a unit of women as replacements.  From some backwater world called Espandor, apperently.  They were due to arrive this afternoon, and he was already dreading meeting them.  Why did he always get the rough end of the stick when it came to reinforcements?

Three hours later Andromidius stood in the hanger bay of the Dodecahedron, the cloud of exhaust smoke from the troop ship still hanging in the air as the ventalation system struggled to clear it up.  He was wearing his favourite trench coat and had his hair tied back.  May as well make an effort, just in case one of them is hot.

The hatches on the ship slammed down, and over a dozen fully armoured figures lept out.  Their masked and visored helmets hid their faces, and their heavy carapace armour made them seem massive and imposing.  Andromidius had to remind himself that these were supposed to be women, and a small tinge of respect touched his heart.  At least these women knew how to scare the crap out of someone.

The lead trooper approached Andromidius, seemingly eyeing him up, her fists clenched and at her hips.

"Are you the CO?" a gruff and leathery voice asked.  The vox covering her mouth clicked as it turned off.

"Yes, I am.  Are you going to salute me?"

"Maybe later.  I haven't decided if you are the CO yet."  She pulled at the straps on her helmet and lifted it off.  Andromidius had to try very hard not to gasp at her face.  If you could even call that mass of burnt flesh a face.  "I'm Sergeant Gerune.  These are the Screaming Eagles."

"...I...uh...when is the rest of the Regiment arriving?"

"The rest?"  Gerune laughed, a gargled chuckle that sounded like a sewage drain.  "This is all that's coming.  Did you think that Colonel Feist would let you have all her girls?  And remember, we're just a loaner.  Get us killed and we'll have your guts for garters."

The platoon stormed off, raspy grunts of amusement emitting from some of their voxes.  Andromidius stood there alone for a few minutes.

"...bugger."

------------------------------------------------------

Doctrines - Carapace Armour, Die Hards, Veterans

Colonel Andromidius (Harderned Veteran Sergeant) - Laspistol, Power Sword, Honorifica, Carapace
4 Veterans - 1 Plasmagun, 3 Lasguns, Carapace, Die Hards
~110pts

Sergeant Gerune (Harderned Veteran Sergeant) - Storm Bolter, Carapace, Trademark Item, Surveyor, Krak Grenades
9 Veterans - 2 Grenade Launchers, 7 Lasguns, Carapace, Die Hards
~140pts

=250pts

~Andromidius
aka. Boris the Bear

Offline [dixon]

• I pretend to be other users
  • BANNED
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 01:47:10 PM »
(( what rank am i now days?????))
DSAs count as Above.

Also, questions can be answered more promptly in IRC.
I pretended to be other members, and finally got BANNED

Offline Chosen Man

• Princeps Maximus, Swarmlord, High Lord of Rummy's Privy due to Pissing Him Off, Pookie noobkin, Now 5% less organic
  • Ancient
  • Yes my other car is an AT-AT....
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 01:58:10 PM »
The Klaxon's were wailing loud over the compound as the alert went out. Princeps CM awoke at the sound. "What in the world is going on?" Looking around and rising, as a knock came at the door followed by a voice "Princeps!! We're under attack!"

CM Look around and began to gather his gear. "Very Well Moderati, round up the guard and crews, prepare for battle, we need to get to the Airfield and the Titan Pens! MOVE IT!" A slight pause and the voice answered back "At once Princeps!" Loading his boltpistol and grabbing his power sword the Princep ran out of his barracks and headed for the operations room in the 40th Corps Titan HQ. 

Walking in CM heard all kinds of reports coming in from the field, as he looked around at the organized chaos that was operations. He overheard a comm tech replying to a request "No No....The 13th Praetorians are off world....on assignment...relayi ng your request to another command...over!"

CM looked down and asked the tech "What kind of security force can you get me?"

The tech looked up in surprise "Um....Sir....We have a special forces unit just arrived, Elysians from the listing....a small force but should be sufficient for your needs sir..."

The tech responded with a look of fear at the senior Princeps request. "What about the other crews of the Warhound titans?" CM Asked....The tech punched up the status of the crews..."Both The Nubis and Sheepz crews have already headed out...The Goyder crew is nowhere to be located, the roster states they are on Holiday sir?" the comm officer answered....

"Lazy buggers...Drunk off their tails no doubt...alright have a squad search for them and round them up...I'm heading to the pends to launch the Reaver Koonitz." The Princeps had gotten all information he needed and head out to meet up with the Elyisians...

Walking out of the building CM ran into the Senior Moderati as he saluted "I was just coming to see you sir....An Elysian guard is waiting to escort us to the airfield, where we will meet up with the other crews and shuttle out to the Titan Pens from there..." CM Nodded...."Lead on..."

------------------------------------------------------------
RULES: Elysian D-99

HQ

Vet HQ (Titan Crew)
Princeps CM(VO) +Bolt Pistol +Power Weapon +Frag Gre
4 Moderati Crew + Shotguns +Frag Gre

TROOPS

Vet Sqd
1 Vet Sgt +Bolt Pistol + Power Sword +Frag Gre
7 Vets +Shotguns +Frag Gre
1 Vets + Flamers +Frag Gre
1 Vets + DemoCharge +Frag Gre 

Vet Sqd
1 Vet Sgt +Bolt Pistol + Power Sword +Frag Gre
7 Vets +Shotguns +Frag Gre
1 Vets + Flamers +Frag Gre 
1 Vets + DemoCharge +Frag Gre 

TOTAL: 345
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 02:20:30 PM by Princeps Chosen Man »
"Follow me if I advance! Kill me if I retreat! Avenge me if I die!" -Tactica Imperium

Rynnsguard HQ: My Imperial Blog

Anarchy's Heart: My Alpha Legion Blog

Offline Col.Gravis

• General; Best Painter
  • I take the Pith so you dont have too!
    • Blog
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 02:02:37 PM »
General Gravis was not amused as his Life Guards mustered around him as he took up position in a forward Command Bunker, it seemed as if half the defence forces were still asleep. The barricades were slowly filling though, red coated Praetorian Infantry manning the fireing steps alongside men and women of other regiments. Still at least the sleepless sentry guns were ready within their bunker emplacements enagaged in point defence mode covering the approaches towards the bunker.

Gravis took the Vox "This is'nt a drill gentlemen, get your bloody arses in gear, last man to muster will be cleaning and starching the Praetorian detachments whites for the rest of year! Gravis out."

With a rumble a tan coloured Helhound pulled into a tank dugout besides the Bunker.

"Hmmm" Gravis muttered to himself, "The Bug Sprays arrived...."

======

Grenadier Squad: Veteran Sergeant (Gravis) with Honorifica, Power Sword, Medallion Crimson and Scanner, 5 Grenadiers with Helguns, 2 Grenadiers with Plasma Guns

Helhound: Heavy Stubber

Tarantula Heavy Bolter Sentry Gun

Tarantula Heavy Bolter Sentry Gun

300pts

Offline Aotarí

• Tecktonik!
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 02:20:46 PM »
Sounds like fun, I'll take a crack at it. (I guess I'm a grunt now am I? ;) )

The alarm cried through the barrack where group 107. of the Rillianon Korps stationed. Private Cilither smashed his head in the bunk above as he scrambled to get on his feet. He cursed and got himself all dressed up. The Sergeant toppled down from his bunk. "Get ready for inspection!" He yelled as he got help from another trooper to put on his armour. The troops murmed and lined themself up against their bunk. Their morale where low as they were stationed far away from their homeworld with mixed regiments. Cilither got lost in his thoughts as this was his first battle. "What are we up against?" he said for himself. Filled with excitement. "Officer on deck!" The Sergeant said and everyone saluted. The Officer came through the door and said "At ease troopers." Cilither eased back into his bunk and put his hands behind his head. "I've received information about the threat," The Officer continued. "The Xenos are Identified as Tyranids"
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 02:48:52 PM by Cilither »

Offline Onanon

• I Killed O'Rum!
  • Greased and good to go.
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 02:45:01 PM »
Trooper S.Cummins scratched 2-day stubble and and shouldered his lasgun. 'Off to to kill, to die, does it matter really?' Cynical trooper 23 looked at him and muttered under his breath. 'Damn waster poets'. He ambled towards a locker containing a autopistol he had named 'Madeline' and strapped himself with a horror of knives. He sighed and set off to muster.

Stopping a moment in a recess, he took a nostril each of kokaine and amphetamine. Head now buzzing, all unsavory memories of last night vanished. He walked out to the hanger bay, seeing a few welcome faces.

The Ortegan Fifth would stand and fight.
I like what you're doing, but none the less... It's pretty freakin' messed up. Which is cool. Great ideas and concepts, but again, pretty freakin' messed up.
Lol.

Offline Parak

• Colonel - Best Painted Guard Army
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • I like my brick
    • My Blog!
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 02:51:51 PM »
Parak nuzzled into a cool firing spot, his breathing reduced to little more than a rasp. He would hit them before they even knew he was there....

A slight russle to his left let him know his squad was in position, noiseyer than he would have liked but confident that they hadnt gave the game away. He scoped up, clicking the range finder two bars o the left...

His felt the first bite on the trigger, a little more pressure and the weapon would fire, a little more...

The klaxons howled into his ears and he called time on the excerise. From there hidden positions his squad stood up and headed toward the mission debrief square. The enemy, blue platoon, imediately gave up and moved to meet them.

"Sergeant wells, get on the vox and find out whats going on... Every one else fall back to position alpha, get ready for anything" Parak called to the congregated troops. A minute a go they had been training to protect the dodecahedron, they may be really fighting to protect it in another minute. "Sergeant bane, lansk, hallant, vals and zeyz, You guys are coming with me!

Parak knew he had to get to the RV point, but he wasnt going to go to battle without his blade. He had left it in his quarters while the training excersises had been running. No need for a power blade when your facing stun rounds and shock poles.

He felt like he had hit a lucky streak. If it was an enemy attack then they had picked a damn good time to attack for his forces. They were all suited up and ready to go. He felt positive, even pleased that he would get a chance to flex his muscles. Too long out of the fight was a bad thing. His good spirits lasted another three and a half seconds. It took him precisely that long to register what was falling from the heavons. The Nids had come to the 40th corps homeland...

The command squads jogging became a sprint.

The calls and revs from the muster yards grew louder as the guardsmen below his window prepared for maximum repel. Parak and sergeant bans stood gazing at the chart table. There was no sense of scale as to the tyranid attack, no numbers, no stratagey could be decifered from their movements. The capatain only knew that an attack would come soon. He nodded to his sergeant, and the sergeant left the room to gather the command squad. Parak bukcled the old power sword to his waist. the weight was reassuring, It always reminded him of the wieght of his command.

Outside his forces where prepared. He looked accross the court yard to see some of his fellow officers. He gave a curt nod to his friend Lt. Markay, who was prepping his elite forces for combat. He could see the con-trails of the airforces under the CAG Nubis. Off in the distance he watched what was unmistakebly the Moddissars own ride take off towards his RV point, and to his left his gazed took in the titan pens. He hoped these slumbering giants would join the fight soon.They would need them before the end.

==========

Captain Parak- SO with power sword (trademark Item), boltpistol

Command squad-
Colour sergeant Bane- Bolt gun + Auspex, Krak grenades
1 guardsman with g. launcher
1 guardsman with com link

Total 100

Offline Commissar Fidel

• Lieutenant
« Reply #15 on: April 25, 2007, 02:59:25 PM »
didididi...didididi...didididi

The Ap news wire for the Dedecahedronrolled along, bringing the news of the imperium to the officers of the 40th corps

Commissar Fidel Back On Track

The Cuban Commissar's health is improving according to Dedecahedron secret services, quoted by DPA News agency.  The severly juvenat ‘El Lider Maximo’ had temporarily gave the leadership to his brother Raul, after he was put through a surgical intervention.

According to the officials, first proof of his health condition improving is that he announced he will participate at the May 1st parade, in Havana. Though he may also make an aperence in this "ATTACK OF THE... INEBRIATED SATYR" The Dedecahedron officials suggested that the communist leader may even be able to meet dignitaries and get involved in headquarters affairs.

Fidel has not posted in public for a long damm time. Fidel is one of the Dedecahedron's oldest political opponent and his health evolution was closely monitored.

didididi...didididi...didididi

thats right Fidel is back ands he's gonna kick some tail

(do Saryr's have tails?)

======

Commissar

Bolt pistol
Power weapon
Power fist
Carapace armor
Indepedant Commissar

points 81

=====

BTW if any one wants to read the actual news story is stole most of the text from it's here
http://www.playfuls.com/news_10_25861-Fidel-Castro-Back-On-Track-American-Officials.html
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 03:01:26 PM by Commissar Fidel »

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2007, 03:04:46 PM »
Go nuts, Fidel.

You also don't have to pay for the Independent Commissar upgrade, just tell Nubis you are indepentent.

Which means 50 points of wargear + free weapons, if I read Nubis right. I still think you are bound by the 2 weapon rule, but it'd make sense to have a pistol for summary execution anyway...

So yeah, kit yourself, dude.

Offline *Striker*

• Lieutenant Colonel
  • "Oh, all you have left to fire is the flashlights"
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2007, 03:19:59 PM »
Striker was silently asleep.  He was dreaming of home and the forests of Cadia.  He was exhausted after long days of training guardsmen.  He and a small detachment of Kasrkin had been assigned to the 40th corps base as part of a training program to improve and keep sharp the many guardsmen stationed there.  They had been organizing drills, firing range activities and exercises.  Striker had been enjoying a rare moment of rest.

But there's no rest for the weary.

"Striker, for the love of the emporer get up!  Tyranids are landing"

The voice belonged to Sgt. Henderson, Strikers adjutant and second in command.  Henderson was a down to earth, no BS man.  Striker had chosen him for partially that reason. He could be a hardnosed bastard at times, but he was a reliable one.

Strikey reluctantly awoke and rose blurry eyed from his cot.

"Where's Schwan, Barley and Keth?" Striker inquired.

"Already present sir" Barley waved from the group of three formed up.

"Good,  Suit up men, we are going to show these guardsmen how its done!" Striker commanded.

In short time they were suited up and ready for combat.  All were suited up with carapace armour, krak and frag grenades.  All had hellguns except Henderson, who had a hellpistol and monolecular tipped combat sword.  Striker doubted the use of that weapon often, but he just figured it was just to make Henderson look more like a badass and improve his authority.  In fact, if it wasn't for the rank of Lieutenant being painted on Strikers Shoulderpad, you'd think Henderson was in command.

"Alright men, time show what Cadian's best are made of.  We will report for orders and then purge this disgusting swarm off this planet."

With that, Striker's long day started.

========================
Striker's squad
Kasrkin (Storm troopers).
4 vanilla stormtroopers (one is Striker)
1 sgt with hellpistol + CCW (Henderson)
50 pts.

Edit: Any senior officers who would like my men's services feel free to put me under your command.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 02:28:50 PM by Lt. Striker »

Offline Lord Commissar Spiteful

• Commissar
  • Ancient
  • Only Survivor of the Spiteful Incident
  • Armies: Guard
« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2007, 04:01:13 PM »
@ Sheepz: I hope this is okay as a loadout. I thought an Independant Commissar with some STs made sense
--------------------------------------

The sickly sweet smell of Av Promethium washed over Spiteful. Feeling right at home in his matte black carapace armour he slung his sword into it's special drop modified sheath. Glaning around at the tropers he noticed that subtle mannerisms gave away their nerves. Having been one decades ago, he still remembered the training and indocteration, but concern for their morale in the face of a Tyranid incursion troubled him. Were they prepared to drop to certain death?

He doubted that any of them would live longer than the initial stages of the engagement, but he was determined to take the fight to the enemy. Spiteful decided then and there not to give them the time to reflect on their fear.

He was about to attempt a briefing with HQ when his flight got Take off Clearance from the CAG and the thrust of the accelerating Valkyrie shoved him forwards into his harness. He smiled as he rememebered hundreds of insertions and drops, the massive multiple rocket launcher kindling memories of being on the leading edge.

Today, by the Emperor's grace, he'd make up for too many years leading conscripts into battle and again prove himself to himself and to the Emperor.
Ordo Sepulturum
Hunt for the Terminus Est

Offline Sheepz

• Marshal: The beatings will continue until discipline improves!
  • Ancient
  • Getting away with murder.
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 04:07:08 PM »
I powered my way down the dimly lit corridor, coat billowing with the forward momentum.  Slung at my side was my slightly weathered power sword and a bolt pistol with a full magazine. The alert sirens had been ringing for some time now and I was growing increasingly worried myself. Although, naturally, as a Commissar I didn't let it show. I'd been in the middle of my breakfast at the time, and the interruption had long lost any sort of excitment for me. There was a storm raging outside, too, judging by the howling wind, dark clouds and the noises of things hitting the reinforced windows.

'Probably another drill', I thought.

Storm Trooper Sergeant Ryovik would inform me of why the alarms had been ringing so long when I reached the Command Centre. I recalled with distaste at been posted so far from anyone else, in a seperate building about 15 minutes drive from the main compound. A forward listening post with a permament staff of 35 staff and two Storm Trooper units on an planet devoid of enemies.

Not entirely deviod, I noted, as I saw the body slumped in the corridor further up from my position. Hurrying up, I saw it was a young man in dress uniform clutching a data slate. The air was stale, warm and heavy and a realized the recyclers weren't working. There was a funny smell in the air, something animalistic almost.

It was unclear how the soldier had died. He obviously had massive lacerations to the chest, as well a clean puncture the size of a fist through his sternum. But that might not have been the cause of death, I noted absently as I realized the top of the man's head was missing. Gingerly peering inside the gaping wound, I fought down the bile rising in my throat as I realized he no longer had a brain. Nothing, just an empty cavity.

Instinctivly I drew my bolt pistol and pressed my back against the opposite wall. I fought down nerves as I slid down the wall towards the double doors, punched in my code and pressed the activation rune to open them. Something was watching me, I could feel it.

The doors opened and I rolled inwards. Most of the staff were there, weapons already drawn, staring at me with fear and surprise.

"Close the door!" Yelled a young administratum adept, and I slammed my first on the rune and felt the doors slam shut behind me.
"Situation report?"
"Tyranid organisms have arrived without warning," replied Sergeant Ryovik without hysteria or hesitation in his voice. "Spores are raining down into the countryside around us." His calm and level voice made me proud.

Emperor's teeth.

"There's a body outside." I said casually, as if I'd suggested the milkman had arrived.
"Adept Frenco." The Sergeant affirmed. "I thought as much. We sent him out to find you. He'd just gone out the door when we heard him screaming."
"And?"
"There's a Lictor outside, somewhere. Tyranid vanguard organism. Don't know how it got in, but we saw it when we went to investigate what was up with him. It disappeared into a maintainance duct before I could even draw my bolter. Musta spooked it or something. By the throne, it was huge." Ryovik replied.
"Frenco's brain has gone. Has anyone seen it?" I asked.
"Really?" Said the Sergeant with a puzzeled look. It was there when we found him. "Lictor must have come back for it."

The thought chilled me.

"Why would it do that?" Someone asked. I began to talk very fast at this point.
"The Lictor is a hyper-intelligent vanguard organism. It is not some petty killer or stupid insect. It can move swiftly and silently and merge with the background around it. It is also possible that, by absorbing Frenco's brain, it could gain his trace memories."
"So?" Replied the adept, confused.
"So," I continued, "It knows exactly how many people are on this base. It knows where they gather, where they eat and where they sleep."

There was a stunned silence which was broken by the screaming of the downstairs receptionist over the vox link. We turned in time to watch on a survelliance camera as the door behind her slid open and somthing burst from it with overwhelming speed. It slammed her head into the desk even as it rammed a talon through her abdomen. Screaming and struggling she was hoisted into the air, sliding down the limb. Feeder tentacles from the Spook swarmed into her open mouth and forced their way into her brain. I turned the caster off.

"It also knows all of Frenco's door codes, I'm afraid."

Someone swore.

"Arm yourselves, barricade the door and shoot anything that tries to get through. Second Storm Trooper will remain with you." I instructed.
"And what about yourself, Commissar?"
"First Storm Trooper will accompany me to the motor pool where we shall take a Chimera and report back to main base. We will have relief in an hour, tops."

It was clear that this was not a popular idea, but my authority went unquestioned. It came with the job, with the hat, and with the pistol.

As we cautiously opened the main doors again, First Storm Trooper immediately split into fire-teams, covering each other down the corridor. We made it to the lift without incident and descended into the motorpool. We were greeted by the bodies of two mechanics in grey overalls. The Squad immediately embarked into the Chimera, along with our accompanying driver and gunner. I was the last inside. As the ramp began to close, we heard an inhuman screech as the Lictor burst from the shadows and attempted to close.

"Spook!" Yelled Ryovik, hosing it with bolter fire. The thing recoiled and the ramp slammed shut. Without hesitation the driver floored it, bursting from the underground garage into a swirling spore-storm. As we powered our way through the mud, something bounced off the front of the Chimera with a sickeningly wet thud.

The spore sacks were starting to open.

=====================================
Commissar: Master Crafted Power Sword, Bolt Pistol, Carapace Armour, Honourifica, Trade Mark Item (Fancy hat and "Aura of Awesomeness"). I wish to remain independent and free to move.

Storm Trooper Veteran Sergeant: Boltgun, Auspex, Close Combat Weapon. 19
9 Stormies: Comm Link, Flamer, Flamer. 107

Chimera: Extra Armour, Searchlight, Pintle Heavy Stubber, Hull heavy Bolter, Turret Heavy bolter, Track Guards. 113

- 340 Points.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 04:12:24 PM by Sheepz »