News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1500 point Footdar advice  (Read 1388 times)

Offline Eldar Viking

1500 point Footdar advice
« on: September 7, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »
Hello,

I will be playing a 1500 point game (my first with 6th edition rules) against Dark Eldar, Orks or Chaos Marines this weekend. I will be using the list below, any advice would be great thanks.

HQ

Farseer with spear and guide

Troops

18 Guardian Defenders with scatter laser

18 Guardian Defenders with scatter laser

6 Guardian Jet bikes with 2 shuriken cannons
Warlock with spear and embolden

Fast Attack

10 Warpspiders. Exarch with dual spinners, power blades and withdraw.

Heavy Support

Wraithlord with Missile launcher and Brightlance.

3 D-Cannons

3 War Walkers with scatterlasers.

The plan is for the 2 large Guardian units to advance with the Avatar to capture nearby objectives. The Farseer will join the D cannons which will sit back and give fire support. Meanwhile the Warp Spiders and Jetbikes can advance on a flank and try and get behind the enemy which, given my possible opponents, I would expect to advance as fast as possible towards me allowing me to get shots at rear armour.

Offline orkexterminator

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 1500 point Footdar advice
« Reply #1 on: September 7, 2012, 12:04:12 PM »
what will the wraithlord do?

Offline Eldar Viking

« Reply #2 on: September 7, 2012, 01:05:50 PM »
The Wraithlord advances with the Gardian Defenders and Avatar which reminds me I forgot to include a Spiritseer with my Guardians. I thought I originally only had 8 Warp Spiders now I know why! I'll drop 2 Warpspiders for A Spiritseer.

Offline Partninja

• Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #3 on: September 8, 2012, 11:23:53 PM »
The Wraithlord advances with the Gardian Defenders and Avatar which reminds me I forgot to include a Spiritseer with my Guardians. I thought I originally only had 8 Warp Spiders now I know why! I'll drop 2 Warpspiders for A Spiritseer.

Drop some guardians, not the warpspiders. They need to be stronger as they are one of your two highly mobile units. Also with no Fortune your avatar is going to die pretty quickly (at least from my experience).

Offline Fealhach

• Armies: CWE, DE, IG, SoB and Crimson Fists
« Reply #4 on: September 9, 2012, 02:47:05 AM »
Fortune may be necessary against Orks who can outshoot Eldar at a greater range! I've lost many a game against hordes of Shootas, and Lootas removing a unit off the board each turn.

Your Avatar will appreciate some Fortune love too.

Your Spider unit is quite big; five to six still carries a decent amount of firepower thanks to its dual spinner Exarch.

Offline Eldar Viking

« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2012, 09:12:29 AM »
Thanks for the advice but I got it a little late. Fortunately I won anyway. My opponent didn't even shoot at the Avatar and it was allowed to destroy whole units of Chaos Marines. Chaos had Ork allies inluding some of those Looterz, they can really turn out a lot of firepower.