News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: WotW Febwaaghry campaign: Game 1 Recon/ Prisoner capture, 500 pts Orks vs CSM  (Read 1782 times)

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
So I got to get in my game for the Febwaaghry Campaign happening in our very own WotW. 

Scenario one; Reconnaissance

The Favored Unit is out doing a reconnoiter; mainly to see if there is anything here worth krumping. Now the enemy has spotted you and is going to try to stop you. Both sides need prisoners for interrogation.

Set up. Spear head. Orks choose any quarter to set up. In the opposite quarter center is an objective. The enemy chooses either of the two remaining quarters, and sets up at least 18" away from the nearest ork.
The orks go first unless the enemy steals the initiative.

The game lasts 5 turns.
Special rules: when fighting in close combat set the casualties off to the side. After combat resolution, roll a D6 for each of your casualties. If a 1 is rolled the model is removed from the board, if 2+ is rolled the model is now your enemies prisoner, do the same for the enemy casualties and those that roll a 2+ are your prisoners.

If your unit is wiped out the prisoners escape, your HQ (if you take one) cannot take prisoners. Vehicles that do not explode may be taken prisoner (ie looted), prisoners count as per model not as per wounds of the model, so if you take a 5 wound swarm as prisoner it only counts as one prisoner, etc. 

Victory conditions: Hold the objective with the most models (not wounds, models) OR have the most prisoners. At the end of turn 5, If one has more models on the objective and the other has more prisoners fight one more round of close combat to determine a winner. If the armies cannot get into close combat this turn, it is a draw.

Orks at 500 points
Warboss w/ Big choppa, eavy armor, cybork

15x ard boys w/ slugga and choppa inc. Nob w/ PK and BP
15x Boyz w/ shootas inc. Nob w/ PK and BP

1x Killa kan w/ rokkits
1x Killa Kan w/ rokkits

CSM at 502 points
Daemon Prince w/ wings

7x Berzerkers inc. Skull Champ w/ Power weapon
10x Marines inc. Champ w/ PF, and flamer

Deployment:
Objective is the bright yellow missle sitting in the unoccupied table quarter in a drum barrel fuel dump.

Orks deployed in a line with Boss attached to ard boys at the front, a kan on each flank, and the shoota boyz following behind. 

DP and berzerkers deployed one table quarter and marines deployed in the other.

CSM fail to seize the initiative

Turn 1
Orks advance  walking and then running a full inch for the ard boyz.  Shooting from kan on left downs a berzerker and the shooting from kan on the right downs a CSM. 

The berzerkers shoot downing one ard boy.  The DP charges the orks heading right for the Boss.  The berzerkers waste no time charging into the ard boyz. 
DP and Boss exchange blows both causing two wounds on each other.  Combat between the ard boyz and the berzerkers sees two boyz go down and no berzerkers.  Orks fail one of their two fearless saves killing another boy.

Turn 2
The kan on my left decides he wants to help out the ard boyz and circles around the back of the berzerkers.  The shoota boyz decide to push forward toward the objective with the kan on the right.  The kan on the right drops another CSM. 
The DP and Boss conflict goes another round with the DP getting one wound on the boss but he passed his inv save with a six.  The boss landed a blow on the DP causing it's third wound.  The boyz go toe to toe against the berzerkers loosing one.  In return they kill 3 berzerkers.  The killa kan that joined the fray lands two wounds in dropping two more berzerkers leaving only the skull champion.   Orks win combat by 5 and both the DP and berzerks die off to fearless saves.  The DP and 5 Berzerkers get captured by the ard boyz. 

The CSM focus shooting at the ard boyz dropping 3. 

Turn 3
Combined shooting from ard boyz and shootas blasts 3 CSM.  The shoota boyz are in range of the CSM and launch an assault.  3 boyz get killed along with 3 CSM for a locked combat.

The CSM have nothing left to do but finish the locked combat.  The regular marine causes no wounds and before the PF marine can strike the squad goes down. 

I think I forgot to roll for the last two CSM for prisoners but it didn't matter either way as my opponents force was wiped out.

Captured prisoners

Oh and this is going to go great that I captured a DP because one of the conversions I have planned for the future is a KFF dread made partially from a DP.  So this could explain where I got him from.

Metal ed, Nob of the ard boyz looks to somewhat torn up Boss Munstacrusha and says we did good today not only did we find what we were lookin for we crumped some oomies in the process.  Not to mention captured some prisoners to interrogate.  The warlord will be pleased with us, methinks.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Excellent batrep, well done. Me thinks I want to see your winged killa kan when it gets done, or maybe a deff dread with a deamon sword. Hmm, sounds fun.

Congrats on the win.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Excellent batrep, well done. Me thinks I want to see your winged killa kan when it gets done, or maybe a deff dread with a deamon sword. Hmm, sounds fun.

Actually it is going to have a DP torso and maybe one of the back things..  no wings.  Dread parts, sentinal parts and some other random bits I am still getting to gether plus a KFF.   But this just gives me more of a reason to build him.  Though I am kinda saving him for our possible conversion / unit contest.