News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Mechwarrior  (Read 5632 times)

Offline crackjoy

• I can quit whenever I want!
Re:Mechwarrior
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2002, 05:52:41 PM »
u kno, mech commander 1 wasnt that bad.  sure some missions took me 5-7 tries, but once i got the hang of them, it wasnt too hard...

wuts the armoured core game for?  pc, odd console?
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

Offline King Snake

• I'm not a llama!
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2002, 01:07:38 AM »
I honestly think they just kept going down hill from the very first MechWar (Best game IMHO)

Mechwarrior 2 kicked ass... Mech3 sucked... Mech4 wasn't too bad, just really lame...

Mechcommander is stupid...

I want to see another game based around the clans!!!
Like Mech2 and Mech2: GBL. Best Btech series games I think...

Offline vanquisherau

• Saussie Aussie
  • Who's Next??
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2002, 03:12:28 AM »
Damn straight, I want to use a Mad Dog with out having to salvage or pay 70k C-Bills for it!
The Exarch: You'd be considered a violent schizophrenic if you were human - but you'd slap around anyone who called you that...

Offline King Snake

• I'm not a llama!
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2002, 02:24:43 PM »
Yeah, the Mad Dog (I actually like the name Vulture for it a bit better) is one of my favourite mechs too. That and the Summoner.

(And the Kodiak and the Battle Cobra, but that's another story altogether...)

Offline vanquisherau

• Saussie Aussie
  • Who's Next??
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2002, 04:00:40 PM »
There is almost no chance though, the clans are almost offically dead, nooo! :'(
The Exarch: You'd be considered a violent schizophrenic if you were human - but you'd slap around anyone who called you that...

Offline King Snake

• I'm not a llama!
« Reply #25 on: February 23, 2002, 04:25:39 PM »
Why are they dead? I haven't really been able to find any latest info on the storyline...

Aulan Cnesha

« Reply #26 on: February 23, 2002, 04:31:03 PM »
When Fasa lost their liscense the new people said "HEY! wouldn't it be cool if everyone hated everyone else and you had to buy your mechs from the black market and we got rid of the stupid clan idea cause no one would be allied that far in the future!"  then another guy said "yeah!" then runs into a steel wall because the people planning the games were on marijuana and lived in an alley.

Offline vanquisherau

• Saussie Aussie
  • Who's Next??
« Reply #27 on: February 23, 2002, 04:41:16 PM »
Its a real sad state of affairs isn't it.
And it looks like the new whiz-kids line will be completely random, as in you have no idea what you are buying till you get it!
WTF?

Offline FallenExarch

• What's this life for?
« Reply #28 on: March 4, 2002, 10:14:02 PM »
Yeah man I started with Mechwarrior 2 cuz you got to play with the Mad cats and the Vultures and all of the baddass clan mechs that tore you up on the board game,  Mercenaries was great but right around then Microsoft bought the computer technology rights from fasa cuz fasa was going broke and needed the cash...from then on they never recovered and Microsoft soiled the franchise although Mechcommander 2 isn't that bad...Maybe Wiz Kids can bring it back to its heyday
What are you afraid of Tommy? Ze germans?

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
« Reply #29 on: March 5, 2002, 12:47:11 PM »
I have every single Mechwarrior game that ever came out. I also have every single Battletech book that ever came out. I also have 4 Technical readouts. And I used to have 48+ minis before I traded them all for Eldar stuff.

Man, those were the good days....

Mech 3 [with expansion] was the best out of them all. Mech 4 was a nightmare.....

I perferred using completely customised mechs. I mostly used a Ha-Otoko [Bladed Man] from a Madcat with two LRM 20s and two LRM 10s with buttloads of ammo and equipment like artemis, beagle probes, AMS, and a whole other bunch of crap. I could take out entire stars of assault mechs before I could see them. It would take me half an hour and over 20 mechs before I ran out of ammo!

Other notable mechs were Shredder [Jenner with Ultra AC 20], and BeamsMaster 1 and two [Nova with 10+ small pulse lasers and Warhawk with two PPCs and 10 medium pulse lasers].

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.

Offline FallenExarch

• What's this life for?
« Reply #30 on: March 6, 2002, 07:03:08 PM »
If anyone still delves in the Battletech universe...it is being reborn through two companies...one called Fanpro who is reviving the classic line and Wiz Kids(The folks that Spawned Mage Knight) which is developing a Collectible Miniature game based on an alternate Battletech timeline revolving around another age of peace being shattered by a Usurper...kinda like the original fall of the Star League...anyhow...F anpro's new site is www.ClassicBattlete ch.com...lots of cool new stuff coming out and yes it is mostly original Fasa developers working on the material...just thought I would share that with my eldar brethren who like to step outta warhammer everyonce in a while ;D
What are you afraid of Tommy? Ze germans?