News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Harlequins with the DE Codex list, pain tokens ideas?  (Read 2207 times)

Offline master of asgard

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Harlequins with the DE Codex list, pain tokens ideas?
« on: March 14, 2012, 11:16:57 AM »
So I've been putting together a little army of Harlequins using the DE Codex. I haven't worked out wargear and stuff yet so this is just a rough idea. Here's a list of what I've got so far, with the Harlequin name (some is made up fluff-wise), the model used and then what it counts as:

HQ

Great Harlequin (Jain Zar with dual power swords): Archon/ Lelith
2 Shadowseers (converted from WFB Empire wizards kit): 2 Haemonculi
Solitaire (sculpted from scratch, wip): Lelith

Elites

8 Harlequins, inc Troupe Leader, Shadowseer and Death Jester (finecast harlequins)
5/6 Death Jesters (OOP Death Jesters & OOP Dark Reaper Exarch): Trueborn with special weapons
Venom (converted Vyper): Venom

Troops

10 Mimes (OOP metal Eldar Rangers): Kabalite warriors
10 Mimes (OOP metal Eldar Rangers): Kabalite warriors
10 Harlequins (OOP metal Harlequins): Wyches
10 Harlequins (OOP metal Harlequins): Wyches

Fast attack

5 Jetbikes (OOP DE Jetbikes, head swaps): Reaver Jetbikes
5 Skysurfers (OOP Metal Harlies, new Hellion boards): Hellions

Heavy support

Manifestation of Cegorach (Conversion using the Deceiver): Chronos Parasite Engine

That's what I've got model-wise so far, and I'd like to add a couple of Wraithlords/ epic titans to use as Taloi (Taloses?) I'll happily post pics if people would like but I'm not sure if this is the right place for them! This is a list mainly for the fun of it, as I don't play the game itself, and I wanted a bit of a painting challenge (so far I've only painted 1!)

So, what do you think so far of the list?

The way I'm explaining Power from Pain is as follows: The Harlequins themselves in the elite slot are the best of the best when it comes to their role in the Masque. The rest of the Troupe takes a little while to warm up, but as they get more and more into the rhythm of the dance/battle, they become faster and deadlier. So my question is, how should I represent pain tokens for this force? Any ideas would be great.

Thanks!

Offline Ambience 327

Re: Harlequins with the DE Codex list, pain tokens ideas?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 10:17:39 AM »
How about musical notes on little counters or bases?

Offline Katamari Damacy

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Eldar Empire, Dwarfs
Re: Harlequins with the DE Codex list, pain tokens ideas?
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 11:36:18 AM »
I like the idea. However, note that Harlequins do NOT benefit from PtP (unless your opponent agrees to it). That said, the "regular" Harlequins (your elite unit) have limited use in a DE list. The Portal is pretty much the only thing that is useful for them. In a CWE list, the Harlies may benefit from Doom and Fortune, which makes them an interesting choice (besides the fact that CWE only have Shees and Scorps for CC, while DE may field a pure CC army). Triple-Wraithlords are also a good idea for Harlequin armies, again the CWE can deliver. The Cronos and Talos are great units themselves but are not quite as durable as the WL.

I like the idea, but would suggest running the Harlies as "Counts-As" Incubi, these guys are some of the best CC fighters in the entire 40k game and do benefit from PtP.

Personally, i use "Darkness Familiars" from Confrontation as tokens.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 11:37:35 AM by Katamari Damacy »
The word 'politics' is derived from the word 'poly', meaning 'many', and the word 'ticks', meaning 'blood sucking parasites'.