News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 22nd Pianosan Regiment - "the Catch-22's" - An IG Log  (Read 19741 times)

Offline Semaj_14

• "I don't need Luck, I have Flamers!"
Re: 22nd Pianosan Regiment - "the Catch-22's" - An IG Log
« Reply #140 on: June 3, 2010, 07:38:12 PM »
*Fluff add in*

so none of thier pre heresy Light howitzers would be captured by the enemy The regiment replaced thier normal wheels with det packs. much like the ones that sly commander kept about his person

Lol. Sorry I couldnt help myself. Perhaps some actual model wheels or tires would do? Not saying that those dont look good for it. Im just sayin they look an awfull lot like the detention disk wintergreen is carrying... unless he has slyly stolen a wheel to divert attention from his escape from base XD
"Through the Fires of battle Unto the Anvil of war!"

"When In doubt Just add More Melta!"

Offline Raukov

« Reply #141 on: June 9, 2010, 10:14:23 AM »
Ha yeh the wheels may still yet be swapped out when i find some suitable replacements (i'm thinking some kind of hotwheels toy)

Secondly, some of my mail arrived, so i think i'll be doing some more sculpting:

And thanks to this i'm going to be retconning my armour for some added realism:

I've already began on this chimera (i cannot stress how short the time was between getting the kit and adding the stowage. I'd wanted to do this for a while now)

Offline DarkstormUlthwe

« Reply #142 on: June 9, 2010, 10:25:59 AM »
The sculpting is great! And that's a whole lot of green stuff you got there... I like the stowage on the Chimera, looks great! :)

2nd place - 40kO painting competition expert category April 2005
1st Place - 40kO converting competition beginner category June 2005

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #143 on: June 10, 2010, 04:09:01 AM »
i love the smell of greenstuff in the morning, great job!
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Guildmage Aech

• FLAMER: Ego Bigger than his Common Sense Centre | 40KO's Care Bear of Spite | Dolphin Death Dealer | 40K Oracle
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Personal text
« Reply #144 on: June 12, 2010, 01:04:18 PM »
I agree, tanks with stowage on always look cool in my opinon!
Rules Expert 2007 | Kijayle Commemorative Award for Acid Wit 2008 | Most Notoriously Valuable Rules Expert 2009 | Most Notorious 2014

Offline Raukov

« Reply #145 on: June 14, 2010, 06:42:09 AM »
Thanks for the kind comments guys.

Here's the painted pics of the Howitzer:

And polished off the Chimera and stowage. Added GS to the large bedroll on the back to make it sag over the sides of the roof and (thanks to a zen like, beta-blockeresque post-world cup pub painting session) wrote Pianosa on both scrolls.

Best regards

Offline Raukov

« Reply #146 on: June 29, 2010, 09:45:13 AM »
Well, at least the viewcount is going up *shrug*

I got a few ebay tanks and have been taking them apart and rebuilding to my tastes. First up is an old Leman Russ, IMO the best stowage job i've done on a tank. Still WIP (need to fill up the front bumber space) but let me know what you think/can be improved on.

Offline Raukov

« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2010, 10:29:37 AM »
Here's another ebay rescue jobs. Stupidly left the sides back in london so it'll be WIP for a week or so til i can get back down there. Let me know what you think/anything that could be added. Not as much stowage as on the Russ but i've added spent shells from the H/Bolter and had my first go at magnetised weapons (turret) so i can make various attachments to play it as Hellhound and variants or even a hydra:

Offline Raukov

« Reply #148 on: July 5, 2010, 06:26:26 AM »
In my bid to stretch the bitz box to breaking point, i won 8 pairs of (the same) cadian les off of ebay for the princely sum of £2, 2 of which were used for the howitzer team, the other 6 (along with GS and DIY bionics) made 7 new troopers for the mighty 22nd:

Offline Raukov

« Reply #149 on: July 7, 2010, 02:39:23 PM »

Two more troopers on the way:

Firstly, the guys with 2 bionic legs and a bionic eye. He's really been in the wars.

Next up, a trooper taking cover behind a bulkhead. I wanted it to look like he'd just thrown himself against it and is about to return fire. His legs are from a plastic Orlock model.

I've just sculpted another set of legs so it looks like i've been able to stretch another squad of 10 out of the ol' bitzbox and £2's worth of ebay legs. And they say Warhammer isn't value for money  :wink:

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
« Reply #150 on: July 7, 2010, 04:35:04 PM »
Very nice judging from what I can see.

Can't wait to see them painted.

How many minis / squads do you have converted by now and how many more are you planning to do?
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Raukov

« Reply #151 on: July 8, 2010, 08:21:19 PM »
As many as i can get really. I think the running count is 1500-2000 points, not all painted mind but i'm working on it :)

Ok, finished off the last one (/10)

And a final group shot before painting.

Offline Raukov

« Reply #152 on: July 9, 2010, 01:25:40 PM »
Well after a solid slog on a production line of 10 (my girlfriend went to Alton Towers today, son i got the flat all to myself) the squad is done. Done rather quickly and ran out of Chaos black so not everthing is done (guns need a little polishing up) but overall i'm rather pleased. Let me know what you think, you be the judge

And a painted groupshot

Offline Raukov

« Reply #153 on: September 8, 2010, 09:24:51 AM »
After a bit of a summer hiatus, i'm back on track with this project.

So, to kick things off, here is my second Ogryn:

And another generic bitz box trooper, this time based on a plastic Orlock:

Then i started getting a bit more creative and tried my hand at female Cadians. Now please be kind, as these are some of my first near total sculpts, and although i could definately improve on some aspects, i'm fairly pleased overall.

Here's my first attempt (bit too butch, didn't shave down the limbs enough IMO)

The second (meh, might look better painted)

The third, (not too bad, was fun to work on some kneeling legs, and fixing a cut up bitzbox lasgun)

And my latest:

Then using some Gorkamorka legs and the heavy flamer from a Space Marine Landspeeder (more squat and heavy looking than a normal flamer) i knocked this guy up:

Offline Semaj_14

• "I don't need Luck, I have Flamers!"
« Reply #154 on: September 8, 2010, 06:40:17 PM »
Hoely toledo! THis is some pretty awesome stuff! Im gonna have to try out this... Green... stufff.... It all looks amazing!
"Through the Fires of battle Unto the Anvil of war!"

"When In doubt Just add More Melta!"