News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ultramarine Movie thread - movie delayed  (Read 37700 times)

Offline Underhand

• Captain : Godfather of the Hivegangers
Re: Ultramarine Movie thread - movie teaser on 29th May
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2010, 08:55:50 PM »
That teaser trailer was a balls to the wall adrenaline fueled thrill ride from start to finish.

Offline Lasrifle

• Bring it down!
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2010, 10:14:34 PM »
That teaser was just... wow. I don't know what to say to that. Where do I reserve my ticket?

Offline Critically_Hit

• Now likes bolters...
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2010, 02:06:06 AM »
I'm ehm, well, I guess I expected more.

Made me raise my eyebrow; So ultramarines are better than any other space marines then? I'll still get the movie, but the trailer thing didn't do it for me.
In case of doubt, duck! Hit the ground... Though not a tactical advantage per sé, it does make you feel safer for a couple of seconds

Offline Awfully Dandy

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2010, 07:26:42 AM »
Honestly guys, most teaset trailers tend not really show the film of at all but simply showcase the fact the film has been made and progress is underway. I thought the voice over was good and the CGI looked fine to me, though I never expected it to be anywhere near as good as LoTR as that had a way bigger budget.

Offline High Grandmaster smithmyster666 of the Grey Knights

• Strike from the skies brothers!!!
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2010, 09:41:05 AM »
I only have one single niggle with the entire fil content wise and that is that the captain in this film is of the ultramarines 2nd company, which led me to say hang on a second, cato sicarius is 2nd company, and for all we know he is still alive and kicking, does this mean that the film is set before macragge, or just that they're ignoring some of the fluff?
From the skies we rain, as the emperors fist we strike against our foes, until all blood be it alien, heretic or mutant is spilled. we will not rest until the galaxy is cleansed free of these monstrosities and we hold these worlds in the name of humanity and its immortal emperor.

Offline Rakuall

• Never bet against the house
  • Hombrew (Chapter/Legion/Swarm/Warband/etc.) FTW
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2010, 09:48:58 AM »
how did you figure he was a captain? he could be a sarge.
"I don't believe in no win scenarios." -Captain James T. Kirk, USS Enterprise - NCC 1701
"Why do you always bother me when I'm drinking?" -Max Milini
"That's a relatively open weave and I can still see your nipular area." -Chandler Bing

My brother, now deceased:
http://keegancrack.deviantart.com/

« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2010, 10:06:49 AM »
Captain severus of the ultramarines 2nd company, its in the who will be playing what section I think, as well as on the mock up photos
From the skies we rain, as the emperors fist we strike against our foes, until all blood be it alien, heretic or mutant is spilled. we will not rest until the galaxy is cleansed free of these monstrosities and we hold these worlds in the name of humanity and its immortal emperor.

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2010, 10:27:36 AM »
I'm actually not satisfied with the few seconds of teasing. The marine looks way too much like a cheap videogame version. I would expect an animated 40k movie to be top quality.

Then again it's just a teaser, I just hate these, they don't show much of the movie anyway.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Offline The Ecclesiarch

• Be Pure, Be Vigiliant, Obey!
  • Armies: Forces of the Imperium, Da Boyz, CHAOS.
« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2010, 05:37:22 PM »
:o Well for the most part i have been pretty satisfied with the 40k animation thats been made for video games like Dawn of War (with regards to the intro's).
If i get a movie that has a decent story line to match that level of animation il be happy.
+++ Ecclesiastical Proverbs +++
Blasphemy cries out for purgation from the faithful.
Blessed are the war makers.
By Bolter and Flamer we purify the faithless.
Hate sanctifies faith.
Anger and Hatred are mankind's highest virtues.
Let he who would be without sin cast the first grenade.
To be bigoted is human, to be unrepentant of thy bigotry is divine.
Tolerance is ignorance.
+++ Scribe Jack Hanson, Terra +++

Offline Wiggus

• Happiness is Mandatory
  • Ancient
  • For the greater good!!!!!
Re: Ultramarine Movie thread - new concept art
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2010, 07:51:34 PM »
That is a very good explanation, nesbit_bub, if you ignore the fact that all of the models do show the teeth spinning thumb to fingers. :)  However, the particular picture in question does show the teeth neutrally positioned, so the teeth could be assumed to move in whichever direction you want them to. :)

NewHeretic
Correct me if im wrong but according to Dan Abnetts fluff Chainswords have a directional control in fact he goes quite deep when describing the chainswords duel between Gaunt and Decius stating that the skill is knowing when to change the direction and speed to bounce away your opponants chainsword
My name is Steven Wilson
My friends call me Wiggy
My enemies call me Mr Wilson
You may call me Sir!
'Who Dares Wins'
'Better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6'
'I love being a writer; I just dont like the paper work'
'Don't make me angry, you wont like it when im angry'

Offline Hive Fleet Dread Q'thulu

« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2010, 10:31:14 PM »
umm isn't the skull/aquilla thing on the chest plate of the armor supposed to be raised not painted on the armor.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #51 on: June 2, 2010, 07:03:12 AM »
I'm surprised that so many people are taking to hating the teaser when it is just a teaser!  As has been said it is just to let you know that progress is being made!  It isn't a proper trailer so don't expect anything fancy.

As for all the people complaining that they are expecting top drawer material, it isn't a major hollywood motion picture, it is probably going to be no longer than 60 minutes and its from a smaller company, most likely straight to DVD.  Definitely not a top drawer production.

Be happy with what you are getting!  It isn't the Blood Quest crap.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Ends_Mouth

• By using the steaming piles of their own dead...
« Reply #52 on: June 4, 2010, 01:08:34 AM »
I'm mega excited to be honest. The Trailer really was a tease.

Looks great!

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
Re: Ultramarine Movie thread - movie teaser now on youtube
« Reply #53 on: June 7, 2010, 12:52:42 PM »
For all of you who don't know what everyone is talking about:

Ultramarines Teaser
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline jumai

« Reply #54 on: June 7, 2010, 08:09:43 PM »
re: ammo casings

Not only do bolters have ejection ports (as has previously been noted), some of the old fluff used to talk about how they have ejection ports on both sides of the weapon, as well as a sensor array that ensures casings are always ejected away from the marine holding the weapon, thus allowing them to be weilded in either hand.  I also seem to recall something like the 2-stage propulsion suggested above... IIRC, it was described as a subsonic/low-velocity initial charge, and the rocket propulsion was supposed to kick in 2-3 meters out from the weapon barrel, which was supposed to make it easier to aim on full auto by allowing you to visually track the trajectory initially, without introducing long travel time at higher ranges.

I'm pretty sure this info was in this.  The bindings on them were horrible and mine long since fell apart completely, but I still have the box (the one with this art).

On a more recent note, many CSM bolters are fed by ammo belts rather than magazines.  I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work with caseless ammo.
« Last Edit: June 7, 2010, 08:11:30 PM by jumai »

Offline Macharius

• I am Macharius, the crumby spam bot!
« Reply #55 on: June 7, 2010, 09:31:13 PM »
I hate to be a fanboy, but:
"All that stands in their way are the space marines"
Still no appreciation for the guardsmen.... tisk.
The most enjoyable games are the ones lost.

Offline Awfully Dandy

« Reply #56 on: June 9, 2010, 10:38:20 AM »
I hate to be a fanboy, but:
"All that stands in their way are the space marines"
Still no appreciation for the guardsmen.... tisk.

We never get appreciated at all, but marines are the big market.

Offline Bassiecore

• Ork Boy
  • Insert generic quote here
« Reply #57 on: June 9, 2010, 10:47:11 AM »
re: ammo casings

Not only do bolters have ejection ports (as has previously been noted), some of the old fluff used to talk about how they have ejection ports on both sides of the weapon, as well as a sensor array that ensures casings are always ejected away from the marine holding the weapon, thus allowing them to be weilded in either hand.  I also seem to recall something like the 2-stage propulsion suggested above... IIRC, it was described as a subsonic/low-velocity initial charge, and the rocket propulsion was supposed to kick in 2-3 meters out from the weapon barrel, which was supposed to make it easier to aim on full auto by allowing you to visually track the trajectory initially, without introducing long travel time at higher ranges.

I'm pretty sure this info was in this.  The bindings on them were horrible and mine long since fell apart completely, but I still have the box (the one with this art).

On a more recent note, many CSM bolters are fed by ammo belts rather than magazines.  I'm pretty sure that wouldn't work with caseless ammo.
they do have ammo casings. look at the front of the BA book.

and wadayamean the greatest of them all are the ultramarines, what did Matt Ward write the movie or what?
what about the others?!?

Offline Awfully Dandy

« Reply #58 on: June 9, 2010, 10:54:29 AM »
and wadayamean the greatest of them all are the ultramarines, what did Matt Ward write the movie or what?
what about the others?!?

Well I viewed it as the sergent narrating so it makes sense a ultramarine would see themselves as the best.

« Reply #59 on: June 9, 2010, 10:55:36 AM »
Its fanboy stuff, ultamarines are no longer the fanboys, gw are recorrecting this