News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Eldar Corsairs, Pre-Heresy Dark Angels + World Eaters  (Read 330693 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Eldar Corsair Army
« Reply #400 on: July 5, 2015, 07:33:42 AM »
@Tangi-Thanks Tangi! I'm really glad you're enjoying the project. As always stay-tuned because there is much more to come.

Well I finished up all the Dragons that I could build. I've run out of Guardian bits and Wych legs and I'm almost out of Corsair heads... so I'll have to do another FW order before I can continue. That should round off both the Dragons and the Scorpions which'll be very nice.

Here's the last Scorpion... the 8th member of the squad. Two more to build once I get the bits and I'll have a full 10 man squad.

So after I get those bits I'll finish these squads and then move on to some new units. I think I'm going to pickup 6 more Jetbikes to make a second laser bike unit for my hardcore list and then pick enough stuff to make a second Scorpion unit for my fun list. Both will be very nice additions to my overall collection giving me a very nice core of close-combat units. Wyches, Incubi, Reavers, and 2 squads of Scorpions.

I'm playing next week against Space Wolves so I may even have a bat-rep for you guys. Anyway thanks for stopping by and stay tuned!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
« Reply #401 on: July 5, 2015, 12:36:33 PM »
This army really stand out, i can't wait to read that battle report mostly because the pictures you bring are always cool!
It's nice to see your army growing, your unit really have a strong looks that make them stand out, it's really cool to see.
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #402 on: July 6, 2015, 09:12:42 AM »
Your work is so darn crisp and your color matching makes everything pop wonderfully.

Last time I checked, the Gallery is working fine, feel free to use it to hose some of those beauties.

I always like seeing custom Storm Guardians, hearkens back to when they didn't have their own kit.
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #403 on: July 7, 2015, 10:00:21 AM »
Your work speed never ceases to amaze me, cavalier. Looking very good.

I like the smaller gun for the female fire dragon. Somehow it 'fits'.
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #404 on: July 7, 2015, 09:31:58 PM »
@ Grizz- Thanks man. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you dig the bat-reps and will try to get some more in soon. I just finished my Scorpion squad and will take some action photos for you to tide you over. Stay tuned!

@Mr. Peanut- Thanks for the kind words Mr. Peanut. Coming from a tried and true veteran I really appreciate it.

@Vonny- Thanks Vonny. Glad you like the smaller fusion gun for the female dragon. I like doing special stuff for the female squad members. I've got a couple of female kitbashes that I really want to reproduce from old squads I did... particularly my "Burner Sisters"Storm Guardians. Anyway thanks Vonny I appreciate it!

Post Merge: July  8, 2015, 12:18:12 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Hey guys quick update... finally got started on my Voidstorm/Harlie proxies. Still haven't decided on squad marking (which will be more ambitious than the other squads) but very pleased with how they are coming out.

Stay tuned!
« Last Edit: July 8, 2015, 12:18:12 PM by Cavalier »

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #405 on: July 11, 2015, 01:23:25 PM »
Progress! I've been working on a comission for the past few days so works slowed a bit on my own army. But I did manage to get some work on my Voidstorm Squad.

For whatever reason I cannot get a good angle to photo the thorns on her leg. They look WAY better in person. I even tried slimming down the lines just for the sake of taking a photo but for whatever reason I can't get a good angle. But needless to say she's an outcast from Biel-Tan.

Here's the third guy in the squad and one of my favorite helmeted heads from the Kabalite kit.

Ended up having to cancel my game today because I hurt my knee pretty bad. Stinks cause I want to play, but at the same time I'm more focused on creating a new build for my army. I do have a tentative game planned in about a week or two against Orks which should be a blast. That'll mark the debut of my Scorpions and the return of some of my more fun units like Rangers, and perhaps my Harlies. Anyway guys quick update, but stay tuned fo more. Starweaver is on deck to get primed!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #406 on: July 11, 2015, 03:25:02 PM »
What sure is that everysingle one of your guy's really stand out and have a degree of perfection and quailty i trully envie without totally doing it because i'm not patient enouhgt for it >< Well  great workd keep at it ^^

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline vonny

• I *LOVE* 40k OFFline!
  • Armies: Tyranids, Lamenters (BA), Eldar (Iyanden), 1k Sons
« Reply #407 on: July 12, 2015, 03:27:32 PM »
That thorn line along the boot is a beautiful little detail and looks very well executed.

They all look very well posed too. I like it :)
check out my Iyanden painting blog.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #408 on: July 13, 2015, 04:51:29 AM »
I like it all, always have....
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Online Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #409 on: July 13, 2015, 08:09:58 AM »
The Voidstorm squad looks excellent.  I really like the posing of the models, as well as the paint job.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #410 on: July 14, 2015, 12:44:51 PM »
@ Grizz- Thanks man! Don't worry you'll get there in time. BTW it may not be the most efficient but painting one model at a time can really accelerate your skill but patience is key!

@Vonny- Thanks. I wish I could have gotten a better photo to show off the flow of the thorns, but I'm glad you like it.

@Dread- Thanks man as always its appreciated.

@Irisado- Thank you Irisado. Glad you dig the modelling. I think some people weren't sure if it'd work or not so I appreciate your comments.

@Everyone- So I remembered a certain cluster of models in my closet that have been gathering dust and decided to incorporate them into the squad- my regular close combat Corsairs! The guys with swords etc. will be the guys without kisses, while the guys with exotic weapons will be the guys with kisses. Certainly fleshes out the squad. Anyway enjoy the pix and stay tuned!

Also here's the latest guy I've painted:

ENJOY!

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #411 on: July 14, 2015, 04:35:07 PM »
I love what you're doing here with this army. :)

There's such quality armies on this site!

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #412 on: July 14, 2015, 04:39:02 PM »
Man you really have an outstanding timming when it comes to make your army come together and look cool.

I take note of the tips thank you :)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #413 on: July 18, 2015, 02:06:17 PM »
Thanks Grizz! As always I'm glad you're enjoying the project.

@Everyone- Well I finally primed this bad little bird. Took me long enough, the model has been just sitting there waiting for some love and it finally got it! Man I gotta say I love this model WAY more than I did after getting some paint on it and seeing it person. Really looking forward to collecting a number of these to run a FW Corsair list at some point. With all the kitbashing/proxying I've done its not going to be hard at all. BTW thats not the correct canopy for the model just something I put on for the time being. Anyway enjoy!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #414 on: July 19, 2015, 01:05:53 AM »
I really like the look of it. The clean lines and Saim Hannesque treatment. Gives me hope, my painting is really suffering right now due to my shaking hands so I am living vicariously thru you. The necrons I'm working on now are just getting worse and worse everytime I touch them. My harli just got bad so I stopped on them. Trying to get some of my GK done to but also just losing it. So keep it up so I have something to admire from a good friend.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #415 on: July 19, 2015, 07:39:22 AM »
Damn man I'm really sorry to hear that. I'll make sure to keep a steady-stream of updates coming to keep you pumped. One of my first 40k buddies had REALLY shaky hands so I know how frustrating that can be (he was a very good painter but it took a lot of effort comepensate). Anyway I'm really sorry to hear that and I'll be sending the good vibes your way buddy.

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #416 on: July 19, 2015, 07:57:33 AM »
Thank you for these awesome blogs on this site.  They're keeping me tethered to the hobby.  Right now, none of my friends are into it anymore, and as our house is undergoing major renovation and I'm about to start a full time job, I just can't get to do any modelling myself.  So I can console myself by admiring your awesome work. :)

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #417 on: July 20, 2015, 07:00:50 AM »
Thanks Tangi. Thats a bummer about your friends falling out of the hobby. Its tough for me too. The 40k crowd is very small in my area and not everyone shows up on the same day. So you're sort of forced to play against the same 3-4 people over and over. Whats worse is its all Space Marines! We've got 2 Tau players, and one guy who's got Nids, and Necrons but they both play Space Marines primarily and very little of it is painted. I've never been in a 40k scene where there isn't Orks and especially Chaos. No Chaos players at my store! I've never seen anything like it!

Honestly just chatting with all you guys and see the various projects people are involved in is a big inspiration to me.

But hopefully things will change a bit. I'm hanging out with my buddy to see what we can do about getting a 40k campaign fired up at the store. Everyone's gonna have to bring some terrain and get all their stuff built and primed so hopefully it'll kickstart things a bit. We're also going to try and steal somebody from the Thursday night crew at our FLGS, and get them involved in our Saturday crew so hopefully the two groups will mix.

Anyway stay tuned guys I'll have some updates for you later this week. Keep the flames of hope a'burning!

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #418 on: July 28, 2015, 02:38:11 PM »
Hey guys! Another quick update another Voidstorm guy knocked out. I also found another one that I had modeled up but forgot to prime. Its the squad leader too who's rocking a cloak so I'm looking forward to painting it.

Also almost done with my Corsair Venom as well. Really happy with how its coming out.

And here's the gunner:

Futhermore, I have a very fun game coming up this weekend against Orks! I have a very fun list worked out which should be extremely fun to run which'll include my new Scorpions. I'll be sure to take plenty of photos as both armies will be fully painted. Anyway thanks for stopping by guys and stay tuned!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 02:39:19 PM by Cavalier »

Offline Calamity

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #419 on: July 28, 2015, 02:58:53 PM »
Awesome stuff once again!  I look forward to the upcoming battle pics too. :)