News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Poll

The poster who you believe has contributed the most to this specific board.

Spawn777
4 (10.3%)
Chris Parsons
5 (12.8%)
Killersquid
1 (2.6%)
Skeeve
15 (38.5%)
DJ-of-E
7 (17.9%)
pittman
3 (7.7%)
moc065
4 (10.3%)

Total Members Voted: 39

Voting closed: January 21, 2009, 03:57:11 PM

Author Topic: Forum Awards 08: Best Painter  (Read 1315 times)

Offline Scorn

• Supreme Archon of Commorragh | Nasty Sky Juice | Title (and/or) Whore |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar
Forum Awards 08: Best Painter
« on: January 7, 2009, 03:57:11 PM »
Vote now...
Rejoice.  Despair. 
Fate does not care.
Each knotted mind entwined. 
Each soul another's bind.
And blind though we are led. 
In time we do know when, to cut a thread.
-Erfworld

Offline Alexander's Son

• Mentor - Newbies feel free to ask for any help.
    • Alexander Son's web page
Re: Forum Awards 08: Best Painter
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 10:56:12 AM »
 How can you choose among all these great painters? I have gone with the feeling and voted... Congrats to everyone making it to the list!
Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

A suspicious mind is a healthy mind

Offline StraightSilver

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2009, 04:47:24 AM »
I just wanted to say that I am very chuffed to have been nomimated, and wanted to offer a huge thankyou to all those who voted for me!  :)

Congratulations to Skeeve on a well deserved win, his Forge World Avatar alone would have sealed it for me, but he always produces such consistently lovely miniatures that I find his work both inspirational and awe inspiring.

He is also always on hand to offer help and advice not just on 40KOnline, but on other painting forums too, and has helped me improve my painting so I think that deserves a mention.

But I have to admit after all that, I actually voted for Spawn777......

I would describe myself as an army painter at heart, and appreciate that painting armies can be tough.

Therefore when I see a beautifully painted army it always impresses me, and Spawn777's Chaos army really is a thing of beauty.

To have a large army painted to that standard is always impressive, and Spawn777's really is lovely.

But then I have to say that voting in this was really, really hard. I also love DJofE's Sisters, and Pittman's 'Nids so this was tough.  :-\

In fact everyone on the list is a great painter, and I feel chuffed to be on that list too.

But once again well done Skeeve, you do deserve it.  :)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 04:49:03 AM by Chris Parsons »
Dig in, and wait for winter.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 12:29:58 PM »
YAY! I got a vote! I didn't even need to vote for myself! Hurrah!

There were a couple of people in this poll that I had trouble choosing between which to vote for, but Skeeve is defiantly a talented painter who deserves this award.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Skeeve

• Brushmaster 5000
    • My painting Blog
« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 12:33:23 PM »
Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for your votes. It is very flattering

That being said I would like to support what Chris Parsons said. While I can paint a pretty thing or too I always felt envious about all those painters on these boards, like Chris himslef, DJ-of-E and Spawn 777 and Dark Eye who can produce beautiful armies in a reasonable time.

My productivity this year plummeted even further, partly because of real life issues, partly because of Warhammer online (done with that though), but the coming year I will focus on speed painting , just to finally finish my eldars and get them to a playable state (yeah, right, likely story).

Thanks again everybody!

Skeeve

Offline DJ-of-E

• Slow Painter is Slow
    • DJ-of-E's 40k Album
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2009, 12:18:27 AM »
I usually on and off the boards because of my life and I've felt that I shouldn't be nominated at all since I don't feel as though I've contributed enough to help other forum members in improving on their painting skills.

It was an easy choice to choose Skeeve.  Skeeve produces incredible quality that can reach Golden Daemon elite status.  Not only that, but he also has taken time off his hands to add contributions and productive comments in hopes that others will improve their skill to reach or even surpass his own.  Everytime I see his post, he seemed modest to the point were he doesn't care if he made somebody else better than him, he encourages it completely. 

He deserves the title of best painter.