News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: And yet another list... 1000 points Evil Sunz  (Read 1600 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
And yet another list... 1000 points Evil Sunz
« on: May 30, 2013, 05:28:34 PM »
So...  my LGS is starting an escalation league...  It begins at 1000 points...  I was considering this list.  Any holes you guys can see i it?  I think it will be really killy at 1000 points...

Big Mek, KFF, Burna, CB

2 x 12 Shoota Trukk Boyz, PK Nob w/BP, BS
-- Trukk, BP, Ram

11 Trukk Boyz, BC Nob w/BC, BS, (Big Mek goes here)
--Trukk, BP, Ram

6 Lootas
-- Flakk Trakk

2 x Dakka Jet, extra SS

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: And yet another list... 1000 points Evil Sunz
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 02:23:43 PM »
Looks like a very fast and shooty list. Kinda like the mini-me version of ODs six plane list....  ;)

I am thinking that the multi plane list is starting to become the norm for orks, maybe that is the way that GW wanted it to work out so that they sell more models.

OF course, I too will succumb to the temptation to buy more planes, just because I like to have lots of things ork. Maybe I might even get to field them someday, so I will have to assemble and paint them so that they will be ready someday.  Kinda like my three stompas, I have only fielded them once but I still have them.

I know, not the advice you were looking for, but a solid start to a good list. Let us know how you get on with them.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline OD from TV

• Ork Warlord | Title of Doom status: pending | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • OD's Project Blog
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 04:31:28 PM »
Looks like a very fast and shooty list. Kinda like the mini-me version of ODs six plane list....  ;)
Ha!  Thanks for the good laugh (yes I really laughed at that).  Yeah I think I'd like to start working on those planes, but with this being my first free day in a while and next week hell week before opening the show to the public and my first video shoot, not to mention the Eldar fervor that's absorbed what little free time I have, I don't know when I'll manage to get back to the scrapyard.

But onto the topic at hand.  Adam, I think you have a nice solid base to build up from, although it certainly is light on the boyz (a point I'm always hyper focused on).  I think it's in large part because my Orky brain is keyed to the concept now of outnumbering your opponent to the point that there's so much on the board he can't kill it all.  In regards to that, this army as a total of 48 models, which truthfully isn't bad, you're probably around ten models or so more than the typical SMurf army.  I've never been very good when it comes to exclusively running Trukk mobs as Troops, so I wish you the best of luck with it (always seem to Kareen away from the enemy).

The two jets at this point level will likely have your opponents screaming cheese, of course that will likely be opponents who are just miffed about not thinking of it.  At a 1000 points there usually isn't much in the way of Anti Tank, and I think at most be one unit with Skyfire (probably an emplacement).

I think a slight way to improve the list would be to exchange the 11mob's Boarding Plank with Eavy Armor for the Big Mek.  Sure there's a good number of stuff that can still chew thru that Eavy Armor, but it's cheap and adds some extra survivability for him if he ends up being Precision Shot or in a Challenge with a non-power weapon wielding character.  When the guy's your Warlord, you gotta protect him to avoid giving away a Secondary Objective.

Do you know the rules for this specific Escalation League by the way?  Some are flat saying that models/units purchased in the first round cannot grab extra gear, while there are others that allow for subtle changes like upgrades to be applied.  If you can grab upgrades or late switch things up, I'd give the Nob in the 11 man team a Pk in later games.  It's not that the Big Choppa is bad, but the Pk is superior and against the vast majority of opponents the Nob will be swinging last anyway.  Additionally you could then plop the Boarding Plank back onto the Trukk if you took my advice about the Eavy Armor.

Further do you know ahead of time how many points your list will go up for the next match?  If so, please feel free to expand the list with your full plans of where you want this army to head, because it'd be a good read, and we could all chime in with helpful advice and such.

Peace
~OD
Truly beautiful work. That's the kind of stuff that makes a true mekanik cry tears of joy.
OD, you once again prove that your are still the freakin Da Vinci of plasticard

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 07:10:13 PM »
Thanks for the replies...  I'm not exactly sure of the rules so far.  The league is just forming to encourage new players to build armies...  I kind of feel like a cheat coming in with a huge ork army that can pretty much field whatever I think of, but hey, that IS the benefit from sticking with an army for a long time right? lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!