News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 2.5K ALpha Legion list for Tournament in September  (Read 321 times)

Offline Khulric

• Everyone's favorite lurker.
  • Armies: Necrons, Alpha Legion (everything)
2.5K ALpha Legion list for Tournament in September
« on: June 24, 2007, 09:55:33 PM »
I figured I'd make one of my classic lists for this last tournament before the chaos change.

I rememberan old 1500 list where I made some rediculously large Chosen unit, and I remember the others that were mainly troops.

This one is meant to combine the two types of lists and field the full army(fluffwise) for my Legion.

HQ

Lord Soulbane - Stature, Speed, Strength, Resilience, Armour, Aura, Mutation, MoCU, ccw, MC-ccw, frags, spiky bits

ELITE

3 Obliterators

10 Veronian Gaurd (Chosen Champs) - Speed, Resilience, Armour, Aura, frags, MoCU, Infiltration, Furious Charge

TROOPS

Veron - Powerfist
+ 9 marines (2 meltaguns) Infiltrate

Phantos - Powerfist
+9 marines (2 meltaguns) Infiltrate

Limeran - Powersword
+ 9 Marines (2 plasmaguns) Infiltrate

Animus - Powersword
+9 Marines (2 plasmaguns) Infiltrate

HEAVY SUPPORT

8 Havocs (4 Missile Launchers) Infiltrate

8 Havos (4 Autocannons) Infiltrate

8 Havocs (4 Heavy Bolters) Infiltrate

Total: 2495

I personally really like the feel of this list, granted I still need to toss in five more points (thinking of bionics on the Lord for the fun of it).  I have a practice match with this list on Tuesday evening after I get off of work.

Any thoughts or feedback?

Thanks.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 10:02:43 PM by Suicide_Mission »

Offline int main()

• Crouching Broadside,Hidden Stealthsuit
Re: 2.5K ALpha Legion list for Tournament in September
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 03:23:15 AM »
Personally,i'd give your Havoc squad with 4 Autocannons Tank Hunters as well.It makes them the bane of enemy skimmers.

Also,what are your Chosen armed with?
Burn the Sister of Battle.
Kill the Space Marine.
Purge the Grey Knight.
Destroy the Imperium.
Let the Galaxy burn!

Offline Khulric

• Everyone's favorite lurker.
  • Armies: Necrons, Alpha Legion (everything)
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 02:20:45 PM »
Oh sorry, I suppose I missed that completely.  They should be armed with power weapons.

I could take away the frags and MoCU from my chosen to give me 25 points to play with; allowing me to put Tank Hunters on my autocannon squad.

Offline pepsi

• Spammer: Forum Blathermouth
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 07:24:31 PM »
Chosen unit, with speed, furious charge, armor, resilience, and power weapons...dont know why this seems familiar to me  ::) (i use it myself)

Btw Grab daemonic visage (for 20pts youll have a -2 ld modifier, on top of your combat ld modifiers, so that way if a person gets obliterated, but still standing youll force a unit to run, most of the time. Then if an enemy has a friendly unit nearby get lucky with masscure results and simply lock in with the next group.

Heres my opinion

kill aura!

150pts for more uberness. (also consider if your going to be charging at a unit, use speed and close combat as your shield, in this army youll have many units to distract your opponent.)

And you know what you could do with 150pts? I just happen to be thinking of a lovely LT.

( I would look at the chaos codex if you can have both infiltrate and furious charge because of the alpha legion specifications and bonuses)

Lt (with chosen veronian guard)
Daemonic speed
Furious charge
Power weapon
Daemonic
mark of chaos undivided
Frag grenades
Daemonic visage
bolt pistol

107pts

also reconsider the daemon prince (193 pts its a bit excessive...wierd for me to say but if you have more points to diversify your units why not?)

to be honest why dont you have a lord, and give him infiltrate to boot? a lord and a lt is going to be plenty enough worry for most. But if you must consider a prince.

Daemon prince

Lord
Stature
Mark of chaos undivided
Daemonic venom
Frag grenades
Daemonic resilience
Daemonic aura
Daemonic speed

127 pts

Take advantage of him being a scary critter and making units run, if you assist him hell be even more devastating. I took out the rerolls because I believe he will get the hit and wounds in most cases, if he does manage to win close combat, he will count as a walker in purposes of outnumbering and leader checks (sweeping advance could in possibility kill a squad outright, and the initial trigger needed was one or two kills) You make this bastard a t 6 and most conventional characters will hardly wound him, I kept the aura because well, it felt right to give this beast it. And in the process I made him cheap, and fast :) expect 5 attacks on the charge with WS6 and strength 5, if you get higher t opponents venom will guarantee youll wound with a 4+.

I still think you should have gone with a lord, upgraded him slightly  and split the 10 man chosen into two 5 man chosen retinues. (forcing your opponent to split fire is good, plus two units can make your army more flexible when needed to) if you take bolt pistols...

Asp 2+ ccw 1+ charge 1 =4 attacks

but what if you face some higher T opponents? surely your str 5 on the charge will help right? maybe not. Yould could consider taking D strength for a measly 50 pts (for the wounding its worth it) then your charge is increased to a strength 6 and youll still be str 5 if you end up stuck for another turn, just a thought.

using the spare points you could add vet skills, or simply add more marines, because it is going to be the beginning where the force of the attack is stronger. Which I will point out again get a lord out there, dont ever put it all on one chosen unit, have hqs backing them up, they are just as effective if not better, and have extra wounds, on contrast to asp champions

consider your army like a cavalry force, it generally loses power as the gallop dwindles.

« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 07:32:56 PM by pepsi »