News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Trekkies  (Read 854 times)

Offline acdb

• T'Ark'An'Ni Ak'Kan
Trekkies
« on: May 28, 2003, 02:49:13 AM »
Why do diehard Trekkies (now called Trekkers) get teased (especially online?)
Tszark"Man"nak'kan ik kannainss'sdeg'Kan'Ni

Supposedly Lord Blood Mage's stripper/personal guard, unavoidable distraction that causes you death in many ways.

But actually the Goddess of Death and Sadness.

Long Live C'Nesha

T'Ark'An'Ni Ak'Kan - acdb - me

My trusty steed: A wonderful creature I picked up that can change into anything.

caramoor

Re:Trekkies
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2003, 02:55:34 AM »
I really dont know, it may be a similar reason as us spoonguardians get hassled though.

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2003, 03:03:52 AM »
because they don't conform to the 'norm' of society, like some people tease me coz i have longish messy hair, i punched one guy who was onto me all the time, and now thanks to puberty i'm bigger than him and hes scared of me  ;D (disclaimer : the above post does not in anyway condone the use of violence and the postee wilo not be held responsible for the doings of others should they wish to follow his example)

also sorry for my stupidity what the hell is a spoonguardian?
consume the magical plant

caramoor

« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2003, 03:20:24 AM »
Itsa a long story, but I'm glad you asked.

see, we young teenagers in nZ get really quite bored, walking along a road, with not much to do, so what we do is...

Do the hand thing whereyou hold ur two middle fingers down with your thumb, and yell SPOONGUARD!!!!! at passing cars. We get strange looks.

especially when you sit outside the girls college, and do it to simone, whos pretending she dosent know you...

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2003, 03:27:10 AM »
I.................. .see :) well you sound like a nut  ;D

nah its okay we kinda do stuff like that around here (wales) i remember once after a rock gig i rounded up like 15 people and we all walked continuously over the zebra crossing for like 10mins untill some guys got outta the car and started screaming, we were all drunk so found it hilarious

caramoor

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2003, 04:08:32 AM »
a nut..., in a good way, only on tuesdays and onyl at macdonalds.

Not really, I just get excessivley bored sometimes, and pull stupid amphetamine parrot, most times funny. Sometimes not... ( jumping off toms roof... sounded like good fun, until  sprained my ankle jumping off for a third time)

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2003, 08:17:26 AM »
NO!
Trekkies: Hardcore idiots who learn Klingon and know every detail of everything Star Trek.
Trekkers: People who like Star Trek alot (ala have all teh episodes) but don't learn Klingon and don't know what the name of the fourth King Of Klingon is............
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline JiMInY

• What big teeth I have
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2003, 08:21:55 AM »
Trekkies: Hardcore idiots who learn Klingon and know every detail of everything Star Trek.
yeah theyre a bunch of nuts, but if its what they like then its what they like - each to their own, or in klingon -

klabcarauch VöðçÞúÌ’0Å
UǤû4u Im norwenigen ihr öúÌ’0Å  VöðçÞúÌ’0Å (joke to all you sarcasm proof fools)

Offline Wingednothing

• Mother Isha
  • No te vaya.
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2003, 11:49:00 AM »
unfortunatly, most of my friends in high school... now, I have nothing against star trek, but when you wear your dress uniform to school on fridays and days before holidays, and wear your rank pips on your jacket all the time, and think that the funniest thing of the year is that my last name rhymes with Ensign (Ensign {or however you spell that} Benson), god I got so sick of that joke! Yeah well, you kinda deserved to get teased. Not to mention failing high school spanish but being fluent in klingon.
When I think of heaven
Deliver me in a black-winged bird
I think of dying
Lay me down in a field of flame and heather
Render up my body into the burning heart of God in the belly of a black-winged bird
Don’t try to bleed me
Cause I’ve been here before and I deserve a little more

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2003, 12:47:05 PM »
teehee, ensign Benson, can't get enough of that, now i have something for my sig  ;D
joke to all you sarcasm proof fools  ;)
trekkies=people who spend waaaaaaaaaay to mch time thinking about star trek, obsessive, not to be ridiculed, a mental disorder
trekkers=the star trek equivalent of us guys...i guess, buy stuff out rageously over priced cus welove the game to much, ...oh, thats just us guys then...
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Wingednothing

• Mother Isha
  • No te vaya.
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2003, 12:50:38 PM »
if anyone ever uses that for a sig or any other evil purpose, I shall personally trounce them!
When I think of heaven
I think of dying
Render up my body into the burning heart of God in the belly of a black-winged bird
Don’t try to bleed me

Offline Melkhor

• Yes... Cubanbe
    • Ubergaming
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2003, 12:53:43 PM »
It's because Trekkies speak "Cling On." This language is fictional, and should not be taken seriously. We need to have LESS languages in the world, and for trekkies to make one up starts world problems like hunger, global warming, no fish in the sea, etc. That is why people don't like trekkies, they are going to break the world in half! By the way Trekkies and D&D nerds are the only types I don't get along with. I consider myself every other type of nerd.
From Seattle/Everett area. If you live around here email me now!!!

Alaitoc Eldar - 1850 points

Black Templars Space Marines - 1000 points

Lizardmen - 2000 points

• Ancient
« Reply #12 on: May 28, 2003, 12:56:41 PM »
don't worry wingednothing, i'll change it sometime tomorrow, but, well, i'm immature and you gave me the perfect opportunitie (for the record,when i have changed this tomorrow, it say "tee hee hee, ensign beson, gotta love that kinda humour  ;D ;D ;D" ot someting like that)

\/ \/
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Farsear Riddle

« Reply #13 on: May 28, 2003, 01:05:36 PM »
I like star trek, but I dont speek klingon nor do I posses any uniforms or toys; come to think of it I dont have any video tapes either.

Offline Wingednothing

• Mother Isha
  • No te vaya.
« Reply #14 on: May 28, 2003, 05:08:17 PM »
I'm going to hurt you.....
When I think of heaven
I think of dying
Don’t try to bleed me

• Ancient
« Reply #15 on: May 28, 2003, 05:54:58 PM »
ok ok, i'll change it now, sorry but i couldn't resist

Offline Iolar

• The Geezerette
  • Ancient
  • Aaaaargh!
    • My Gallery
« Reply #16 on: May 28, 2003, 06:38:04 PM »
Why do diehard Trekkies (now called Trekkers) get teased (especially online?)

Because they obsess over a show that ran two seasons and was cancelled 30 years ago. They OBSESS about it. They're kind of easy to pick on because they don't usually get too offended at being called star trek geeks, in fact they take pride in who knows the most obscure trivia gleaned from snippits of lines. They congregate in sci-fi conventions and aren't typically the type of person who enters into fist fights over being picked on. They are easily recognized and most people are familiar enough with star trek to recognmize the principal characters. Also, if you recall (as we geezers tend to do) William Shatner the man Kirk himself took a cheap shot at his fans on saturday night live, in a skit poking not-so-gentle-fun at trekkies.

Did you ever see that movie/documentary "Trekkies"? It was a pretty brutal look at trekkies made by some fans themselves with the help of some of the more recent series' stars. Yeek, that guy with the Captain Pike chair.

Now, If you know who Captain Pike was, does that make you a trekkie? I've never actually seen an entire episode of the original Star Trek series, but I know who Captain Pike was, and what a tribble is. Dennis Miller used to make Star Trek jokes in his stand-up all the time. I don't think he was a Trekkie, maybe just a trekker. Geek. :)

Offline Farsear Riddle

« Reply #17 on: May 28, 2003, 06:43:28 PM »
Lets face it if you use this site chances are you are a bit of a geek or at least have some geeky tendancies.

Offline Wingednothing

• Mother Isha
  • No te vaya.
« Reply #18 on: May 28, 2003, 08:07:21 PM »
::wrath subsiding:: Ok, I won't hurt you now Falhandir.

:D

Grrr, I hated that nickname.

ok, I'm done now, no more.
When I think of heaven
I think of dying
Don’t try to bleed me

Offline Karl Eller

• OMG Laserguns!, Colonel-Commissar
  • Ancient
  • This is madness?! THIS IS LINUX!!!
« Reply #19 on: May 28, 2003, 10:13:36 PM »
Like they said, people pick on them for the same reasions they pick on Warhammer players, or geeks/nerds.
"Explain how bad this turbulence will be"
"Oh god! Oh god! We're going to die"
"*over the intercom* Uh, this is your captain speaking, we're going to experience a few minor bumps, then uh... crash!"