News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Welcome all Newcomers!  (Read 177153 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
Re: Welcome all Newcomers!
« Reply #3260 on: June 17, 2015, 11:51:01 AM »
Nuooooooo! Wanted to be the first to say welcome T-T. Well, welcome non the less :D
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #3261 on: June 17, 2015, 12:37:57 PM »
Grizzly, you make it sound like you were the one who convinced him to join here :)

Welcome Ricus, as was said before, it's always good to see non-Eldar players show up :P
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #3262 on: June 17, 2015, 01:04:51 PM »
Grizzly, you make it sound like you were the one who convinced him to join here :)

Welcome Ricus, as was said before, it's always good to see non-Eldar players show up :P

That might be because it's the case ;) At least i suggested him to join. He is a irl buddy of mine^^ so expect to see some tyranid vs eldar somewhere in the next two month.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2015, 01:06:51 PM by Grizzlykin »

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3263 on: June 17, 2015, 02:09:04 PM »
That's cool!  :)

I'm happy to see more non eldar players too.  ;D

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #3264 on: June 17, 2015, 02:21:47 PM »
Yeah me too even if I'm a eldar only guy so far :D

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #3265 on: June 17, 2015, 02:26:08 PM »

It's okay, you'll get better.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #3266 on: June 17, 2015, 02:56:38 PM »

It's okay, you'll get better.
Shall do!

Offline Mr.Peanut (Turtleproof)

• Ride Like Lightning, Crash Like Thunder | Infinity Circuit | Pork Sword of Mod-Justice | Took the basket, nuts and lol | Good grief, ye hennie pennies
  • Ancient
  • Turtleposting At The Speed Of SHift
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Eldar, Sigmarines, Chaos, Demons
« Reply #3267 on: July 6, 2015, 09:18:02 AM »
Glad to have you around, you're good people, Grizzly.  <3
You are
What you do
When it counts
     -The Masao
"Getting what you want can be dangerous.

Offline ArtOfCombat

• Newest
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3268 on: July 29, 2015, 10:02:34 AM »
Hi! I'm Art, I'm new, and I'm an army painter in training based in the american midwest. I mostly know 40k through Dark Heresy and Dawn of War, but have so far enjoyed Eldar and Chaos armies. It's good to be here (even though the first set of security questions were a bit of a pain) and I'm glad to finally be in a place where I can get advice and questions answered without having to go on 4chan. (Now if only I could figure out editing profile fields, I'd be golden!)

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #3269 on: July 29, 2015, 10:05:26 AM »
Hi, and welcome!

You can edit your profile by clicking on the "Profile" tab at the top of the browser. The option to edit will be in the left column somewhere. There might be a minimum of posts you need before you can do certain things (not sure--don't remember), but that's where you edit it, anyway.

Enjoy the site!

Offline Radec

• Armies: Chaos Daemons, Genestealer Cults (soon, yess soon)
« Reply #3270 on: July 29, 2015, 10:14:19 AM »
I'm glad to finally be in a place where I can get advice and questions answered without having to go on 4chan.

You have trodden through dark places of which I would not speak. You can find rest here.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #3271 on: July 30, 2015, 01:13:29 AM »
Hi! I'm Art, I'm new, and I'm an army painter in training based in the american midwest. I mostly know 40k through Dark Heresy and Dawn of War, but have so far enjoyed Eldar and Chaos armies. It's good to be here (even though the first set of security questions were a bit of a pain) and I'm glad to finally be in a place where I can get advice and questions answered without having to go on 4chan. (Now if only I could figure out editing profile fields, I'd be golden!)

Hello and welcome :D

I don't know if it's still the case but the profile editing get unlock the further you use the forum, keep in mind spam will not work for this as the post will most of the time be deleted straight away by a mod.

Glad to have a new guy around ^^

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3272 on: July 30, 2015, 03:44:41 AM »
OMG not another Eldar player Erm I mean hi Art.

From what I remember of the login process you will have to make 3 (5?) posts before you can edit your profile and you will also have to login using a CAPTCHA. Please don't let this put you off making posts as it will be worth it in the end. Why not post here saying thanks to all us nice people.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Online Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #3273 on: July 30, 2015, 04:36:53 AM »
Welcome to the forum :).

You will be able to make changes to your profile once you leave the 'Newest' post count group and become a 'Newbie'.  This happens once you make your third post.  For further details on this and what the buttons are for, these two topics should help:

Explanation of 40konline Stars, Ranks and Titles
A Beginner's Guide to 40K Online - READ ME (Updated for 2015)
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #3274 on: July 30, 2015, 04:47:38 AM »
Hi ArtOfCombat, and welcome to the forum!  You've found a good place here. :)

Offline Ebon Star

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3275 on: October 17, 2015, 11:55:33 AM »
This is the thread where newcomers get to introduce themselves, right? I mean I had a warning this thread hadn't been posted in for more than 30 Days, but then the thread's name was...

...Oh dear, we might not be off to a good start here.

Anyway, I am Ebon Star. Don't worry about my Bio or lack of an Avatar, I'm still working on how to add these things on your forum. Once I've done that, we can get to work.

What sort of work? Why, painting and conversions of course! I've wanted for a long time to try and find somewhere where I can share my work with others - and it came down between you and Advanced Tau Tactica. In the end, I picked 40K Online because while things are enforced here, you don't seem to be as strict as Tau Tactica (example: I don't have to worry about my work meeting some sort of "Quality Standards" - it's not an excuse to spam stuff nobody wants, but everyone's idea of "Quality Standard" is different. I get the feeling my stuff would get pulled on account of their Paintjobs). There's probably still a few other things for me to do here and other Project Logs to visit as well, but I'm sure I'll get to them in time.

Anyway, enough of me prattling. I don't want to take up too much postage space.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3276 on: October 17, 2015, 12:45:02 PM »
Hello Ebon Star nice of you to join us. If you like painting you might like to join the Challenge in the painting forum. It's a bit slow this year so you could easily win. I am fairly sure you won't be able to add an avatar until after you have made three posts.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Online Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #3277 on: October 17, 2015, 12:45:19 PM »
Welcome to the forum :).

This topic is a sticky topic, so the rules regarding thread necromancy do not apply.

Regarding editing your profile, you'll need to have three posts before you're able to do that.  You may find this introductory topic of use when it comes to using the forum: A Beginner's Guide to 40K Online - READ ME (Updated for 2015)

There's no specific quality standard for painting enforced here, so no need to worry about that.  Feel free to post your work as an ongoing project blog or in the Painting board, whichever suits you best.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Ebon Star

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3278 on: October 17, 2015, 01:00:28 PM »
Hello Ebon Star nice of you to join us. If you like painting you might like to join the Challenge in the painting forum. It's a bit slow this year so you could easily win.

Truth be told, I'm more of a builder/converter than a Painter. Don't worry though, you'll get a chance to see some things man was not meant to see  :o

This topic is a sticky topic, so the rules regarding thread necromancy do not apply.

Good to know, I just wasn't sure. So either new membership is slow, or anyone asides us that signed up recently didn't post here.

Regarding editing your profile, you'll need to have three posts before you're able to do that.  You may find this introductory topic of use when it comes to using the forum: A Beginner's Guide to 40K Online - READ ME (Updated for 2015)

I see. I'll have a read though later - ideally before jumping into any other threads.

[quote author=Irisado link=topic=53955.msg2751366#msg2751366 date=1445100319There's no specific quality standard for painting enforced here, so no need to worry about that.  Feel free to post your work as an ongoing project blog or in the Painting board, whichever suits you best.
[/quote]

It's probably going to be a Blog. I've already sent a request to the Blog Authors group. Which begs the question of how it's going to work as I noticed a Project Logs section of the site here. Do posts there update the Blog and vice versa?

Online Irisado

• Administrator
« Reply #3279 on: October 17, 2015, 01:25:38 PM »
I'd recommend starting a topic in the Project Logs board.  I believe that the blogs section is not currently working, and your work is more likely to be noticed in the Project Logs section too :).