News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 3k Eldar/Harlequin Masque w/ Titan  (Read 920 times)

Offline ForgottenKnight

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
3k Eldar/Harlequin Masque w/ Titan
« on: March 2, 2015, 11:54:28 AM »
Hello,

Long time lurker on the forums, first time looking at running an Eldar army since I had some old Harlequins and I love the dynamic look of the new models. 

Currently the group that I play with is running 3k games and I'm looking for a good combined list.  I've noticed harlequins are really REALLY good at killing troops, but armor (and fast armor), not so much, so that's where the allies come in.    I was looking at Dark Eldar, but wanted to field a titan since we tend to see Warhounds and super heavy tanks on the board (they don't seem to have any legal LoW superheavies, is that right?) 

We currently have a couple guys that play serpent spam and one that plays the wraith army so am trying to avoid either one of those.

This is the Eldar version of the list I came up with.

Main CAD
HQ
  Farseer
  Farseer
    Either one each with the guardian squads, or one gets a jetbike and joins the harlequins with the zephyglaives

Troop
  Guardian Squad + Bright lance platform
  Guardian Squad + Bright lance platform

Fast
  Crimson Hunter (anti-air)
  Swooping Hawks (anti-tank)

Super-heavy
  Revenant Titan 2x Pulsar

Harlequin Masque

Elite
  Death Jester
  Solitaire
  Shadowseer (ML1, Neuro disruptor)
  Shadowseer (ML1)
  Shadowseer (ML1)

Troop
  Troupe (Master w/ caress, 4x neuro disruptor) - anti TEQ shooters
  Troupe w/ starweaver (Master w/ caress, 2x player w/ caress, 2x player w/ kiss) - anti MEQ/TEQ melee (well anti-anything melee)
  Troupe w/ starweaver (master w/ caress, 4x player w/ embrace) anti-horde

Fast
  Skyweaver (2x zephyrglaive)
  Skyweaver (2x haywire) - not in love with blast haywire, can't jink then shoot, but mirage launchers give one turn I can shoot, if they live that long

Heavy
  Voidweaver (prismatic cannon)

Total 2800

This leaves me with 200 points exactly for upgrades on the characters and probably another Voidweaver since I'm not convinced one will survive long enough to be effective.

Just for comparison, the DE list had an archon (with a waygate for the shooting squad) instead of the farseers, warriors w/ dark lance instead of guardians, razorwing instead of crimson hunter and scourges instead of swooping hawks, all kitted for the same purpose)

Thanks in advance!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: 3k Eldar/Harlequin Masque w/ Titan
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2015, 08:33:39 PM »
If you have them, then I would take 2 Lynx over the Titan and cost less points.

I would consider Hornets or War Walkers as they can add some anti armour and anti troop firepower, under some instances they can even take down AV10 fliers. You could spec them up to help take down some void shields too :)

I'm not a fan of having a single unit for a given role, so only one anti-air might get you into a tight spot.

Offline haunt

• Aspect Warrior | I Won the Eldar Army List Competition, and All I Got Was This Title!
  • Play and have fun.
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angel, Tyranids, Necrons and Tau
« Reply #2 on: March 3, 2015, 01:30:59 AM »
Go with your plan for now, since that LoW slot can be filled by the Revenant Titan, and from my understanding you're all playing non-apoc just huge meta-games.

Great suggestion on the Lynx, unfortunately he'll end up with only one and not 2, due to that Lord of War slot.  :( I would rather see 3 Wraithknights on the board than the Revenant, and hope you're also allowed a formation for it to take Dreamwalker Squad.
This is where Death rejoices, as he teaches the living.

Hoc est ubi mors gaudet, quod ipse docet vivis.

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat

Offline ForgottenKnight

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: March 3, 2015, 08:22:43 AM »
Thanks for the ideas.

Not sure I can get my hands on any hornets in the near future but looking at them, they seem pretty good on paper.  I like the idea of war walkers. Don't see them around a lot and they'd tear through void shields in quick order i think.

I was trying to find a way to get a Knight in the list, but you're right... Why not three? Might have to rethink my budget for the next couple months though

Thanks!