News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: GW Capotolist Pigs  (Read 964 times)

eldanesh05

GW Capotolist Pigs
« on: April 18, 2002, 11:06:56 PM »
I really hate the way games workshop is starting to operate. All races besides space marines/newest arent supported. Space marines gain everything, all the new vehicles, new rules, all the support. You know why? Because 50% of people play space marines.

Start a space marine army then, you say. That makes for a pretty boring game! But who else? Most other armies dont even have models for some things. Look at the eldar-they dont have a waveserpant, and many of their models need new guardians so they dont look like the kkk. Hell, they've been waiting for new rangers since 1990! And yet space marines get an entirely new vehicle line? They already had a model for the rhino for gods sake. And look at the new armies-steel legion for example. There arent even models for half the assault weapons.

And look at white dwarf. All of these rules towards space marines. All those index astartes, minor spells, terminator 5+ invulnerable, new rules making blood angels even better (flesh tearers anyone?). Dont forget the blatantly obvious rigged battle reports, always promoting the newest army. Chaos are still using all second edition models (ok ok some new ones just came out, but they wont even match anything in your army though!), and yet they can make the Tau and Kroot lines? And the new Necron lines? Couldnt the tau have waited, and GW finished the existing armies before making a new one?

Well I've had enough of this BS. The best army, because of its singular support is space marines. I refuse to play space marines-why would I want every other game against another marine player? No more of this crap for me unless GW actually acknowledges other armies.

Offline Farseer_Nimliiost

• Geek of Geekyness
  • War is my master, Death my mistress
Re:GW Capotolist Pigs
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2002, 11:13:59 PM »
yes i agree gw are capotolist pigs but hey what are u gunna do, the world revolves around money  :P they make all the cool minis we love ;D
your understanding is not required mon-keigh, merely your surrender...

Master Archon

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2002, 11:24:29 PM »
Eldanesh you are a GOD!  At last someone besides me is revolting about the god d@mn Space Marines.  In my gaming group there are 6 Space Marine armies and me (Chaos, Eldar, DE).  This makes games so incredibly boring.  However I am very pleased to see that two are changing (Tyranids...ouch!!!...and possibly necrons for the other).  The only place that is making Eldar stuff is Forge World and even then I have to say some of the stuff I find does not always fit in.  When will GW take their heads out of their @$$3S and realize that people play other races then the Space Marines.  

Offline _Dark_Ranger_

• Kill The the Marines
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2002, 12:49:38 PM »
I agree that all of the the battle reports are rigged, but i did enjoy watching the eldar kill chaos in white dwarf 266  ;D

PS. I would REALLY like for GW to come out with sum plastic ranger models and producing a box set of them, sorta like the space marine combat squad
You might have a the big beautifully painted army, but i have a... Wait what do I have?!

Offline Addinarr

• First Venge Mod
  • Ancient
  • Fall for a moment
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2002, 02:08:15 PM »
I agree. For the most part. I was suprised to see Eldar win that one.  I figured the new army always won. Screws up that theory.

When wrong, to be made right.
When right, to be kept right.