News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Martin Buber  (Read 629 times)

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
  • Lost Roads are now found!
    • 40kOnline
  • Armies: Squats
Martin Buber
« on: September 10, 2005, 04:17:10 AM »
Just a quick check here. Who has read Martin Buber's "I and You" (I think the title is like that in english, I have only read the german original and some swedish translation)?
There were some points I wanted to bring up, but if noone knows what I am talking about then I will spare you all the rather long-winded post.

Lost Roads - finally released!

YouTube-clip of my Squat army.

Offline Commissar Warbird

• Back and with a caffine problem
Re: Martin Buber
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 05:13:36 AM »
I read the book when i was in college. I never really did like that whole human encounters stuff. I really don't know why i read it i was never really intrested in philosophy.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 01:19:44 PM »
Oh lord. Somone else who had to endure it. Did yo ufind it mindlessly repeating the same point in different guises over and over, or was that just me? I think the first few paragraphs pretty much summed it up, and rest were just consequences of those first paragraphs (some I could figure out on my onw, some were truly "out there").

Offline Commissar Warbird

• Back and with a caffine problem
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 09:28:48 PM »
Did yo ufind it mindlessly repeating the same point in different guises over and over, or was that just me? I think the first few paragraphs pretty much summed it up, and rest were just consequences of those first paragraphs (some I could figure out on my onw, some were truly "out there").

That about what i thought of it except add some obscene language here and there. yeah about after three pages i was ready to be done i would have burned the waste had it not been required reading.

Offline Rasmus

• The Ratcatcher
  • Ancient
    • 40kOnline
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 02:31:31 AM »
I am finding it somewhat hard to get through, but interesting. The notion that things shift in a binary state depending on teh way you are actually perceiving it is fascinating, although a bit hard to grasp at times.