News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: heavy bolters in infantry squads?  (Read 2082 times)

Offline Algavinn of the Many Paths

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Stockholm syndrome is a great way to pickup chicks
Re: heavy bolters in infantry squads?
« Reply #20 on: July 23, 2006, 12:36:39 PM »
As an eldar player it is my opinion that HB's are an excellent choice for your infantry.  I dont believe in diluting a unit and making half of its weapons useless.  In that i say i would never mix a HB and 2 lascannons in a heavy support squad.  You are going to need specific tools for specific jobs, that being anti-tank weapons, anti-transport weapons, and anti-personnel weapons.  So somewhere you are going to need x lasscannons, x missile launcher, x autocannons, and x HB's.  When i get to you, or other armies that want in yout pants/DZ, your tanks will melt, your heavy weapon teams will scream.  You're bulked infantry however will take more time.  At this point your anti-tank/transport has done its job, has failed, or is either way done for the game.  HB's are what you need now and infantry squads will be the hardest places to dig them out.  Every time i cannot consolidate into another unit, you will make me pay.  By your numbers you will reap.  If you're only anti-personnel is on your tanks when a biel-tan, dark eldar, tyranid, ork, etc army reaches you, you are most likely going to loose.  tanks are easy to kill, even in numbers.  Anyone facing IG is expecting tanks, most of the time.
The 40k0 projects are constantly looking for contributors and editors.  If you feel up to the job, PM me for info.

Join us in the new General Tactics and Strategy forum: http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?board=115.0

Slaughtering Mon Keigh and reclaiming the galaxy since 1992