News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Pushing to 2k  (Read 438 times)

Offline Tarrin the Space Marine

• Sullied Smug
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • It's ok to be scared...
Pushing to 2k
« on: April 15, 2011, 08:13:56 AM »
This list is 1748. I have just purchased a waveserpent so i am trying to decide the final purchase to make it up to 2k.

HQ Farseer, mindwar, ward, witness, spear
HQ Autarch Bike, lance, mandib, fusion
T 6 Bikes, 2 x SC
T 6 Bikes, 2 x SC
T 6 Bikes 2x SC
FA 5 Spears, Exarch, Withdraw, skilled rider, lance
FA 3 Vypers EML
E 5 Dragons, Exarch, pike, Crackshot
HS 5 Reapers, Exarch, Tempest, Crackshot
DT Serpent, stones, TL-EML
HS Falcon, HFields, Stones, Shuricannon

1748pts

Seer and Dragons currently ride in Falcon

I have 252 points in the list to spend and this includes the new serpent.  I am looking to add another troop choice.
Which of the following options would be best to add to the above.

A:
Drop skiller rider on the spears
Add
Serpent, TL-Shuricannons, stones 110
10 DA, exarch, Twin cats, Bladestorm 152

B:
Drop skiller rider on the spears
Add
Serpent, TL-Shuricannons, stones 110 (dragons DT)
Add 6 Bikes, 2 x SC 152

C:
Add
Serpent, TL- Scatter Lasers, stones 125
10 Storm Guardians, 2 x Flamers, Warlock, Destructor, 127

D:
Add
Serpent, TL- BLance, stones 145
10 Guardians, Starcannon 105

Each option has its merits and downsides. I am currently leaning towards option B as its more bikes and would give the seer his own pimped ride in the form of a falcon. I will however bow to better judgement.

Thoughts ?
However, everything about Tarrin is unfair and should be sanctioned with extreme prejudice.

The Globals have issued a 2:1 ruling that yes, yes everything about Tarrin is indeed unfair. We have also been sullied merely by contemplating this.

Offline AXEBLADE

• Burna Mek
  • Armies: Orks, Eldar, Imperial Guard
Re: Pushing to 2k
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2011, 06:51:06 PM »
I have had some good times with the tri template storm guardians. Though I do often wish I had taken a unit of bladestorming avengers for the extra range and staying power.

I would make a few changes to the list itself based on my personal experiences first however.
-I very rarely get the opportunity to use mindwar, I personally would rather have one of the utility powers which I know I can use every turn. In this list I would probably go for guide.
-I have never needed the exarch or his equiptment/powers in a unit of fire dragons. Dropping these would save you 25 points
-I run my vypers with EML and shuriken cannons. You can fire the EML as a blast as a defensive weapon and the shuriken cannon as the primary weapon if you need to fire both weapons at infantry. I have had great success with them.
-How often do you use the dark reapers in their serpent? Its a lot of points spent on them to not be shooting them. You could give their serpent to the dragons and get another serpent full of troops.
-If you give your dragons a serpent you might want to consider giving the falcon a bigger gun. I find the EML works well as it has the same range and strength as the pulse laser (and can be fired defensively in situations where there is no armour to kill)

Should you make the above changes or not I would go with option A or C. The choice of which depends on whether you often have trouble with troops in cover or out in the open.

Offline _iNK

Re: Pushing to 2k
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2011, 03:54:27 AM »
I'd go with the Avengers, or maybe the Storm Guardians. You lack anti infantry a bit, and these two squads can give you both the killing power you need.

Storm Guardians are a true glasshammer unit. their offense is incredible, but they'll fall like gaunts. That's why I'd be taking the Dire Avengers. with Doom,
they become very very potent, and 4+ save isn't so bad. If you position them good, you won't get that many return fire.

Goodluck with the list :)
You can't shoot my harlies because beneath their mask is an idea and ideas are bulletproof.