News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Revell Republic gunship as Valkyrie  (Read 2472 times)

Offline Watchmaster Raus II

• 738th Corregidorian Dragoons
Revell Republic gunship as Valkyrie
« on: July 21, 2011, 03:28:25 PM »
Hiya, I'm thinking of using a Revell Republic gunship model as a cheap alternative to the valkyrie kit, and just add some 40K bits to it to make it look, well, less like something out of star wars. Does anyone have experiance of the revell kit, or have any useful pointers they wouldn't mind letting me know about? Is the revell kit large enough? I don't have one yet, so I don't know whether it will work scale wise.

Thanks very much.
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord, about our enemies, ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to Hell. Amen."

Offline challenger 2

• The Devildog is a viable and effective vehicle
  • Armies: IG - coming at some point: GK, BA, SW, DW, DA, Tau
Re: Revell Republic gunship as Valkyrie
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2011, 03:21:02 AM »
the revell model is said to be around 240mm long, though considering the size of the LAAT, the kit may actually be too small, there is no defined scale given so it is a bit difficult to work out whether it could work with 28mm miniatures,

it probably will be difficult, though possible, to mod the kit as it is snap together and pre painted

Offline Watchmaster Raus II

• 738th Corregidorian Dragoons
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2011, 05:06:40 AM »
I agree it wouldn't be an easy conversion, but as I have a lot of experience doing this sort of thing I think I can handle it. But I wouldn't reccomend this project to a beginner!

As for the size and scale, I think you could be right. But, I think I could use it as an objective marker, ie, as a crashed courier shuttle, etc. I will need to go away and have a think.
"Oh, yes, and one more thing, dear Lord, about our enemies, ignore their heathen prayers and help us blow those little bastards straight to Hell. Amen."

Offline DropFall

• Bad Moon Big Mek
  • What were all those "do not's" again?
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 01:44:16 PM »
A quick search of google pics found me this http://xinslair.blogspot.com/2010_01_01_archive.html. Hope it helps.

Offline Galef

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 11:33:32 PM »
According to that pic, you just need to add the tail to get a near-perfect match of size.

I think the shape of the gunship lends itself more for a Stormraven and I believe Revell has a few different gunship kits of different sizes. 

http://www.revell.com/model-kits/licensed/85-1865.html  This model is slightly bigger
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 11:54:59 PM by Galef »
Glenn's GW model Blog: Glenn's GW Models

Current Armies:
Aeldari: Glenn's GW Minis: Eldar and Dark Eldar