News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Can you Escape?  (Read 45986 times)

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
  • Without Conflict, there is no life.
Re: Can you Escape?
« Reply #480 on: May 27, 2009, 12:35:27 AM »
There is no humming and the handle appears to be made of grey plastic (non-conductive I promise).

Thanks everyone for playing it and making it enjoyable. I would have more stages but my developments have not come to fruition. Perhaps in the future there will be a second escape game.

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #481 on: May 27, 2009, 03:25:51 AM »
Well, since it's apparently non-conductive, I'll pull the lever down and unless something strange happens in this closet, I'll head back to the Metal Room!

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #482 on: May 28, 2009, 03:51:33 AM »
Headed back into the hallway, you see that the Lasers are gone, and the steam is still running, entering the metal room (stage 7) you hear that there is no longer any humming, the L.E.D. display is dark.

Caladonia and Gallosias Peace conference date pushed back     Tunuarian Cleanup operation underway, Unemployment in Albibis down additional 10%     CNSE -5  GSN -2     New Research into Industrial power for both empires.

Offline Lt. Raen

« Reply #483 on: May 28, 2009, 08:20:40 AM »
Okay as my first move i am going to take a gamble and walk across the metal floor to the VII door and try to open it anyway possible.

Offline JeepDriver

« Reply #484 on: May 28, 2009, 07:45:58 PM »
Ok I AM going to walk across, but before that I push the button above the danger zone and walk! Prepared to lose.. I guess

EDIT: Across the metal floor
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 09:44:16 AM by JeepDriver »

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #485 on: May 29, 2009, 05:15:19 PM »
Stepping out onto the metal floor, there is nothing, no hiss,no humm, no feeling.
You reach the door and grab the handle......

Click, it opens into an empty hallway, which you step into, behind you the door closes and locks, there is only 1 door at the end of the hall marked "Stage 8"

Offline Balthraka

• Dracite
  • This is a lie
    • Betting on Monopoly
« Reply #486 on: May 29, 2009, 09:30:43 PM »
(Hoping not to steal anyone (Rudkin's) thunder.  :P )

I make my way along the hall very slowly and inspect the walls, floor and roof in front of me very closely as I go.
If I see anything different, unusual or suspicious I will stop.
Otherwise I walk up to the door.

If I make it that far then I inspect the door and the handle very closely (including listening to them).
If there is nothing special about the door and a reasonable person wouldn't suspect anything from it, I turn the handle.

-B
COME SEE THE BIG LIST OF CHAOS ARMY LISTS FOR SOME TRIED AND TESTED LISTS USED BY FORUM MEMBERS

Offline Lt. Raen

« Reply #487 on: May 30, 2009, 12:43:51 AM »
Hmmmmm. . .
I have a bad feeling about this, it cant be that easy can it?
i will inspect the 'fourth' wall and then the rest of the room from where i am currently standing but will not follow Balthraka to the other end of the room.

Ih and is their any noises in the room?

Raen

Offline Rudkin

• Fio'ui Kais
  • Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
« Reply #488 on: May 30, 2009, 01:29:31 AM »
I am also going to wait. This seems disturbingly easy.

Are there any odd patterns or markings on the floor/walls/ceiling or are they the generic marble?

@ Balthraka: Like I said, steal away! We know we're almost out; I'd like to see it casualty-free from here on out, but at the end of the day, so long as I survive it's all okay with me.

Offline JeepDriver

« Reply #489 on: May 31, 2009, 04:20:27 PM »
I look up, and inspect my surroundings, also, I look at the back of the door/ handle (the one I just came through)

Offline mrtspence; Formerly Overkill1

• To kill, or not to kill, that is the question...
« Reply #490 on: May 31, 2009, 10:19:27 PM »
Alright. I got my chicken. Let's do this: LLLEEEEEEEEEEERRRRR RRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYY YYYYYYYYYYYY!!!! mmmmmmmmmJJJEEENNKI NKINNSS!!!"

I will dash madly towards the door and attempt to open it.
-"Damn Those Laser Cats..."

Offline taupro777

• Wait... Railguns are HOW strong?!
    • Myspace Page
« Reply #491 on: September 30, 2009, 09:18:15 AM »
WHy did noone ever finish this?
Wow... Just wow... Slaughter and skulls for the greater good?

Offline Ail-Shan

• The vehement supporter of Swooping Hawks.
« Reply #492 on: October 1, 2009, 06:23:25 PM »
awww. I just spent like 4 hours reading all those hoping to join in and it's DEAD?
You have your way, and I have mine.

Offline speedy

• lurking in a forum near you!
« Reply #493 on: October 2, 2009, 08:16:26 AM »
Was a cool game, wonder what happened to the GM.

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #494 on: February 27, 2010, 05:45:30 AM »
Stepping down the hall way towards the door you feel a sudden sickness, as if some ancient thread has been pulled forth from grave.

Seriously though,

Stepping down the hallway towards the door marked STAGE 8
You twist the handle and the door glides away from you opening with a mechanical motion.
Inside you see the room before you

Offline Ail-Shan

« Reply #495 on: February 27, 2010, 07:47:44 AM »
what do I hear/feel when I enter the room? Look at the wall I just came through. (great to have you back). Also look at the ceiling.

Offline 4084595657

• Grot
« Reply #496 on: February 27, 2010, 08:32:07 AM »
I try the door at the other side? :P

Offline Grimfang

• Ork Boy
« Reply #497 on: February 27, 2010, 09:05:08 PM »
Entering the room it feels the same as any other, empty and at a brisk 72 degrees. The room its self is square and about 12 feet on one side.
On the ceiling there is nothing but the white marble and the floor and walls are the same.
Behind you you see the following.

Other wise there is nothing else of import or interest in the room.

WARNING: Stage 8 is an elimination round meaning that any posts made after this one will be replied to separately, after a certain date. At this point in time the date is set to one week from today (though it may change to be earlier or later). This means that I will be accepting action posts but you will all find out how you fared at the SAME TIME. Choose your next actions wisely, I assure you there is a right way and a wrong way and it is VERY defined. They may be several rounds.

« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 09:50:37 PM by Grimfang »

Offline Ail-Shan

« Reply #498 on: February 27, 2010, 11:09:39 PM »
Question: What if we then do not post for the week until someone else (or a few other people) go through for us? Is there a requirement to continue the game? Of course, if no one continues the game (as in everyone tries this strategy) the game can't continue, so in essence there isn't much purpose in trying this unless you really don't know what to try next or you aren't able to access the forum.

Regardless, I check the wall behind the door to the last room. I do NOT close the door fully, but just check the space behind the door. Afterwards (if I'm not dead) I return the door to the position it currently is in.

Offline azore24

• Infinity Circuit
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #499 on: February 27, 2010, 11:22:28 PM »
Sure, examine the opposite door and the sign.

Azore of Ath-Ron
Unsophisticated players might think that the Letter of the rules is more important than the Spirit - but the Letter isn't liable to sneak up behind you with an axe if you abuse it.
"Esprit de Core," 2005