News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: PLEASE help against BT!  (Read 724 times)

Offline AceKng1

• Innocence proves nothing
PLEASE help against BT!
« on: May 1, 2003, 04:53:02 PM »
I Played my friend who has a Black Templar army in a night fight.  I used my CWE as harlequins so I could try them out and see if I really did want to start an army.  I was doin good until I got into CC.  He took that vow that allows him to always hit on 3+.  I took out a lot of guys but after several rounds of cc my troupe squads were gone!!!  My DJs had been killed but not before i got his crusader.  Also my Great Harlequin were killed in cc cause he cvharged them with his chaplain, marshall, and a couple termies.  But I also got killed since y guys have no armor and he was hitting me so easy.

Pretty much I need help on what to do to defeat Black Templar.
Grandmaster of the Caerleon Crusades Grey Knight Company who in times of need are supported by the Vulkarian 41st Heavy Drop Company.<br /><br />"We may be outnumbered and out gunned,<br />But our weapons are ready, our grav-chutes are charged, and we have the element of surprise."<br />-Slogan of the Vulkarian 41st Heavy Drop Company<br /><br />Farseer of the Naran-ju Craftworld<br /><br />"Fear us, for we are the Eldar.  We bring your doom."<br />-Warchant of the Naran-ju Craftworld Eldar

Offline Angelus

• Jordan Nikolas; 07/29/03 @ 5:33am; 7Lb 11oz & 21"
Re:PLEASE help against BT!
« Reply #1 on: May 1, 2003, 06:55:03 PM »
First off, I think the bane of most of the BT type armies would be a D-field.  If you are playing against Templar-like armies I would personally advise you to take a D-field on your Great Harlequin at least... and if you have the points.. on all your Harleys that are able to take them (all but basic troupes).  I understand this is expensive, but it's worth it....

I also read somewhere, though I can't find it off the top of my head... that the D-field is tested every time the 'fixed roll' is attempted... which means that every combat phase that the BT player would choose to use the Vow, they would need to roll first to see if it works.

Imagine this combo.  Max number of DJs, all with D-fields, Phase fields, and Shrieker cannons.  Combine this with a mix between Dread and Rictus masks and make em all join a single unit.  Lots of fun, though they do have a high price... but what would actually be a deadly force to deal with.  For the hell of it, swap one or two of the shrieker cannons with Brightlances or Firepikes, maybe one or two with Hawks Talons.  Tank hunting, hard to kill in HtH and shooting... etc..etc.  Of course not forgetting the option to either move D6"+6" (normal move + Fleet of foot) or up to 3D6" ...
Predator Space Marines
Wins: 35  Draw: 6  Loss: 2

1st Insane Regiment, 1st insane Company, 2nd platoon, 2nd squad
For the Angels of Exquisit

Offline AceKng1

• Innocence proves nothing
« Reply #2 on: May 1, 2003, 10:21:19 PM »
Ok Ya I didn't think of using a D-Field just couse it was so many points and I had forgotten about the vow.  

I need to check his codex couse I'm not sure if he is using his vow right.  We are playin this next weekend with two other guys so I will check then.  I will also defiatly take D-Fields.  

Thx for the help Angelus
Grandmaster of the Caerleon Crusades Grey Knight Company who in times of need are supported by the Vulkarian 41st Heavy Drop Company.<br /><br />"We may be outnumbered and out gunned,<br />But our weapons are ready, our grav-chutes are charged, and we have the element of surprise."<br />-Slogan of the Vulkarian 41st Heavy Drop Company<br /><br />Farseer of the Naran-ju Craftworld<br /><br />"Fear us, for we are the Eldar.  We bring your doom."<br />-Warchant of the Naran-ju Craftworld Eldar

Offline Angelus

• Jordan Nikolas; 07/29/03 @ 5:33am; 7Lb 11oz & 21"
« Reply #3 on: May 1, 2003, 10:54:19 PM »
Yes check his codex, however I wouldn't be surprised if it is indeed being used correctly.  Just take the D-fields anyway.. it'll mess his entire strategy up..

Psst.. also keep the D-fields to yourself until the game has started and he gets to combat... don't tell him about the loop you've found... otherwise he may build against that next.
Predator Space Marines
Wins: 35  Draw: 6  Loss: 2

1st Insane Regiment, 1st insane Company, 2nd platoon, 2nd squad
For the Angels of Exquisit