News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Tigurius Bodyguard-What to use?  (Read 966 times)

Offline Jerseyboy381

• The Jersey General
Tigurius Bodyguard-What to use?
« on: March 8, 2014, 04:54:29 PM »
After years of mediocrity, I'm finally dusting off my Ultramarines to see what they can do.  I'm toying with a few lists and one includes Tigurius.  The thing is, I'm not sure where I'd like to put him.  I know I'm taking Divination on him to hopefully get an invul as well as all the other goodies that discipline has in it, but beyond that I'm not sure where to put him.  I have two ideas...

1. Drop pod with 9 Sternguard.  This would give him plenty of bodyguards to take wounds before he becomes a target and the potential of having a sterngurad squad with a 4++ and re-rolling to hit rolls just sounds like fun.  The negative of this is they're going to be right in the enemy lines and unless I do get forewarning and get to cast it, they're just a bunch of 3+ models that could be wiped out pretty fast.

2. Assault Terminators in a Land Raider Crusader.  Now for starters, this is a lot more points.  While being less bodies around him, they're also tougher to kill and have the benefit of being able to camp out in their rolling fortress until it's time to strike.  The big negative of this is it would put him into combat which isn't necessarily the best idea.

In a nutshell the rest of the army is 2 squads of Tac Marines meched up, a scout squad to camp an objective, a Thunderfire and a ML dev squad.  If I get extra points by dropping the Termies/Land Raider they go into bulking up the dev squad to give them a few bodies and bringing a plasma LoTD squad to also jam down my opponent's throat.

I'm open to ideas.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2014, 12:44:30 PM by Jerseyboy381 »
Everyone else is doing it so...Behold the great General's gaming blog!
Armies: ULTRAmarines!, Necron, Vampire Counts, Pure Nurgle CSM.
Work-in-progress armies:Tau, Orks, Empire.

Offline Spirit of Kurnous

• Infinity Circuit
Re: Tigurius Bodyguard-What to use?
« Reply #1 on: March 9, 2014, 02:49:17 PM »
I always run him in my sternguard but they dont drop in. my opponents have come to hate the combo of rerolls plus full BS overwatch and countercharge.
with his rerolls you should mostly get the powers you want and the sternguard can make the best use of most of them
40k:
Eldar=12000pts
Slaanesh Deamons = 2000pts

Fantasy:
Slaanesh=5000pts      
Wood Elves=6000pts
Slaanesh Deamons = 3000pts
High Elves 3000pts