News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Ork Rokkit Buggies From Deffkoptas  (Read 2329 times)

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
  • I have a cultist! Go my minion and do my bidding!
    • Unite All Action My Hobby On The Internet
Ork Rokkit Buggies From Deffkoptas
« on: October 2, 2011, 03:35:48 PM »
So as with most projects I have been wanting to do this one for quite some time as I was originally inspired by a couple of good articles online, so make sure you check them out to see them for yourself as there is some really good tips and hints below.

Rokkit Buggies from Deffkoptas&Deffkopta to Buggy!

So with a free afternoon at my disposa today, it was hobby time and I was keen to get my next project up and running ASAP.

I'm really pleased the way they have turned out as you can just imagine the orks speeding around the battlefield, eagerly trying to find their next victim or should I say target.

Also making one firing a rocket just makes them a little bit more creative as it's a technique that I've used before, and overall it seems to work quite well this time around.

most of the model has been simply conversions,  which all make it stand out from the norm. 

I also for the first time incorporated some Lego that my son had lying around something I'll definitely do a game in the future especially the little grill under their feet. I also haven't decided exactly what the little propeller is parring it's probably a light of some sort.

As with all my projects I like to make them individual and have tried to convert them different which is easily achievable with the likes of exhausts pipes,

The underneath was probably the hardest bit to do and it took me a little while to figure it out but by using some cylinder plastic card which doubled as a Chasse, it didn't take too long to have them up and running.

The bottom line is have a go there's no rules and sometimes it's just a matter of having a idea in your hed and just seeing what naturally comes about .
To see more check out my blog

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Ork Rokkit Buggies From Deffkoptas
« Reply #1 on: October 2, 2011, 04:45:57 PM »
Awesome job on the rokkit buggies.   I liked the use of the legos.   Those trukk tires must have cost ya a fortune though. 

Can't wait to see them posted up.    I liked the firing rocket too, nice work.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #2 on: October 2, 2011, 08:13:59 PM »
Glad to see the Rayvn70 buggy is making its rounds of the internet.  ;D

Good stuff going on here, so go do more good stuff!

Can't wait to see them painted, as far as I know Rayvn70 still hasn't painted his.  :o
Hmmmm, I wonder; who will get their copta-buggies painted first?

PS; if Rayvn70 asks, it was a grot that posted this, and not the Orkountant.  ;)
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #3 on: October 2, 2011, 08:45:18 PM »
Very nice. I like them, especially the one firing the rocket. Very creative. O and what gave you the idea to use the legos?

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #4 on: October 2, 2011, 09:30:44 PM »
I really like the look of the buggies...  The heavy tires give them a real solid look...

The exhaust pipes are awesome as well!

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #5 on: October 2, 2011, 10:48:11 PM »
WOOHOO! lookit dem buggies!

Sadly no mine are not painted yet, I'm in the process of moving and with commissions I haven't found time to paint my army but it's gonna happen very soon, Skeet knows I've some real life issues pop up and haven't had time to paint, but Painting is happening very soon and more nutter crap from my little workshop

I really like what ya did for the feet, that baseboard is kicking, did you scratch build that?

Your tires look better as well, good use of bitz, seems more bulky and orky! and orky is good

« Last Edit: October 2, 2011, 10:55:36 PM by Rayvn70 »

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Minsc

• Ork Boy
« Reply #6 on: October 3, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »
Nice looking buggies.

I'm curious however, since this isn't the first time I've seen deffkoptas converted to warbuggies, but the other warbuggies also drove on Trukk-tires.
How do people manage to get so many spare Trukk tires? I can only assume that they order them from GW, and in that case, does anyone know the price?
Plastic Modell + Acetone = Ugly Conversion

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #7 on: October 3, 2011, 02:34:26 PM »
I sculpted mine in the GW look and feel and made a mold of them, saves a buttload of cash buying them as bitz

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline The Nightwalker

• Ork Boy
  • Just Passing Through
  • Armies: Deffskullz
« Reply #8 on: October 3, 2011, 05:24:49 PM »
Hay Rayvn, maybe that should be your next article?

Offline nawari

• Ork Boy
  • There is a bit of wulfen in all of us.
  • Armies: Space Wolves, Orks, White Scars
« Reply #9 on: October 3, 2011, 10:06:15 PM »
those buggies look amazing. if i ever want rokkit buggies im going for that style, maybe with tracks instead though... who knows lol. but yeh man great job on them!! very orky indeed :)
Wish i had my own pet thunderwolf! Then i could ride into work and people will be like "Dayymm he so awsome right now!"