News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair  (Read 25504 times)

Offline Ollieb

• Ancient
  • I'm only here for the beer!
Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair
« on: May 21, 2006, 09:47:54 PM »
Members only please.
Looking for a compliment here is like looking for a girlfriend in a cemetary.  You know you will probably not like what you dig up, but you'll take it anyway.

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
Re: Kabal of the Bloodied Claw of Despair
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2006, 10:19:52 PM »
First member post!

Cha-ching!

Life is not measured by the moments in which we breath. Life is measured by the moments that take our breath away. -Carlin

Offline comradeDa

• Dracon
  • That's right. I have no nose.
    • EAC PRD
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2006, 11:03:05 PM »
First member post!

Cha-ching!

Oh, what? Damn!

Well, here I am and here I stand. What do we do now?

Also, I recently played a slave raid against an Alaitoc army. No wyches, about 15 warriors and an archon, and I kicked arse, losing a raider and two warriors... Wait, one warrior. He lost his entire army by turn 3 (his reserves all came on T2). Such a kick arse game.
-=[Sybarite]=-
Sure, I'm a dracon. Shh... I like Sybarite, 'cos it sounds cooler.
My stories and stuff:
The Other Side
Operation Black Hand

My webcomic:
Evil Atheist Conspiracy Public Relations Department

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2006, 11:14:06 PM »
How many slaves did you get?

O_O I just had an interesting idea. We could have an inter-kabal slave trade!

Or not. I dunno.

Life is not measured by the moments in which we breath. Life is measured by the moments that take our breath away. -Carlin

Offline comradeDa

• Dracon
    • EAC PRD
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2006, 11:21:36 PM »
I only managed two slaves. Doesn't seem worth it, but it was all good and fun. I personally killed an avatar (this is represented by my Archon killing an avatar). I think it was because the rangers died too quickly and easily for us to capture them as slaves. They seem to have no resolve.

Personally, what my goal really was was the human civilian population that they were trying to stop me getting to.
-=[Sybarite]=-
My stories and stuff:
The Other Side
Operation Black Hand

My webcomic:

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2006, 11:24:44 PM »
You're playing a campaign? Good stuff.

Maybe this is how we should tally our victories; by Slave count. Next game, I will add how many slaves I captured to my sig, and continue to add to it with each game.

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Where's your emperor now?
    • Vengeance of the Fallen [Dutch]
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2006, 02:56:36 AM »
That ain't such a bad idea overall you got there. However I am mainly facing SM thus capturing is quit difficult.

The list:
Archon:
Archonbjorn

Dracon:
Faithlessmonkeigh
ArchonCryx

Haemonculi:
Aesir Yggdrasil

Sybarites:
Dranshmont
Jonathan12
CODEXsc
Krunek

Warriors:
Farseer Shizukanashi
Archon Joppa

-open for any more members.

So my dear Sybarites. I allow you and the rest (exept the warriors) to recruit other warriors at will. Just be sure to inform about them and I will take notice adding them to the list + kicking Ollieb to give them their respective title.

Currently thinking for some system which ensures that I and my dracons will be safe/ If your a sybarite then I am afraid to tell you chances are slim you will get the rank of Dracon. Although I don't say its impossible.

I will also think of some posibilities about special missions and such. I want to let this kabal actually do something and thus I am also gonna create tactica's and the like WITH you guys for those that want to help.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2006, 07:32:24 AM by Archonbjorn »

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2006, 03:38:21 AM »
Maybe missions and stuff could be contributions to the community, such as battle reports with clear pictures, painting and modelling articles with step-by-step instructions, and other things. They could even be rated, and thus using those ratings, allow competition and "battles".

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2006, 04:49:53 AM »
I am currently working on a grotesques tactica. (started today at class). I will post it here once I have a rough sketch of how it looks like.

You guys are then allowed to comment it and @ any usefull information. I will then compile all the data and post it again. Once its finished well put the credits part under the tactica and offer it to the site.

As most of you might have noticed I already wrote a Lord and Wych tactica. I want to make a tactica of each unit. And I all need your help to accomplish this. So if you want to help then simply comment it.

Offline comradeDa

• Dracon
    • EAC PRD
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2006, 05:21:21 AM »
I see it's in your signature. I don't think I could make too good a comment on it, since I don't use Wyches, and I use a Lord as cannon fodder (people shoot at them, when they can). My speciality is in Warrior Squads, Raider Squads, and Ravagers. I could type up a tactica on those. I tend to get high kill counts with low casualties using only those units.

Try to avoid playing marines, also. It may be hard, but you gotta try.

Maybe I should start a slave counter.
-=[Sybarite]=-
My stories and stuff:
The Other Side
Operation Black Hand

My webcomic:

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2006, 05:41:04 AM »
Well then you might consider writing a warrior tactica together with me. Seeing as our current tactica's lack. . .lenght.

Here is what I have been working on today. Enjoy and comment away!

The grotesques.
The twisted abominations of Commoragh.

This faq is written in my own free time and made for all those Dark Eldar players who would like to know more about how to use their grotesques. I will discuss various options and tactics of the grotesques But may forget parts due to lack of knowledge of them. If so feel free to pm me and I will make notice of it..I hope after reading this Little faq you will have learned a bit more about how to field your Grotesque unit.

-Archon Bjorn-

The grotesques. A unit that is rarely used by our kindred since we left the third edition rules behind us. But why? Are they still viable to play with? And how do you play with your grotesques at the moment?

A grotesque his stats:
A grotesque his stats differ allot from that of the rest of the Dark Eldar units. This is mainly because unlike the rest of the army grotesque are made from mon’keigh. Twisted and driven insane untill they are mindless.

This gives them several advantages but also disadvantages when compared to the rest of the basic DE statline.

The first thing is their initiative. This is no higher then the average guardsman and thus unlike the rest of the army you actually strike AFTER the marines instead of first. Combine this with the faq that their save is WORSE then that of our wyches and you quickly start to see what makes most of us dislike the Grotesques.

However unlike the rest a grotesques has twice the amount of wounds of normal models. Although not a game winner by itself it does stretch their lives a little bit longer. They also have an increased S and a extra attack in comparison with the rest of our army, making them quit good at wounding things. Although this still won’t kill tons of infantry like were used with wyches.

So why would you still want to take this unit if it is even more expensive as a wych? Well my young kindred let me show you the other strenghts and disadvantages of this unit. As their real strenght lies in their special abilities.

What changed since the third edition that made them so ‘’useless’’ what I heard from other players?
The major change that caused allot of players to drop them from their lists is the target priority rule. Don’t take it for granted as I play since the 4th edition. But as I recall you HAD to shoot at the squad in front of the rest of your opponents army. Allot of Dark Eldar players used their feel no pain rule (described later on in this article) to screen off their biggest part of the army from small arms fire.

A grotesques his strenghts:

Unlike the rest of the Dark Eldar army a grotesque is not a flexible unit. It only has a limited amount of purposes and isn’t particular fast either. This is one of the main reasons why Dark Eldar players tend to pick other unit like wyches and warriors above grotesques. however any skilled general should see the hidden powers of this unit.

Feel no pain:
Unlike the feel no pain rule that is stated in the rulebook the grotesques have a special rule that is unique in 40k. They keep walking over the field ignoring incoming blows. Bolter fire? hah! they spit on it. Heavy bolters? Your only making more holes to put hooks through.

The feel no pain rule states that a grotesques can’t be wounded unless the weapon is twice the thoughness of the grotesques.. That means that you either instant kill them, or can’t harm them at all. This increases their chance of survival drastically. I might even consider calling grotesques one of the most resilient units that we have due to this rule.

But beware. This rule only works versus shooting. It is of no use in close combat (the place where you want them to end up) and thus you see the downside of this rule. Although I will explain later on why this doesn’t really matter.

Terrifying opponent:
A grotesque is a abomination. A self created horror by the twisted haemonculi of Commoragh. They are twisted and driven insane no longer belonging to their former race. They are mindless slaves. You could almost say that these creatures are the zombies of 40k.

The Terrifying rule states that a unit which loses combat versus grotesques automatically fails his morale check. This means that those LD10 Necrons are suddenly not so brave anymore as we first thought! This is one of their biggest advantages that when used properly can be devastating versus certain armies.

However keep in mind that there are also allot of armies that are fearless. This negates this certain rule and thus reduces the grotesques to nothing more then a walking piece of meat.

Weaknesses of a grotesque.

like I stated before, the grots have more disadvantages, I will point them out in this part. I will also give you some tips and the like how to fix this.

Stupid:
The biggest drawback of the grotesques in my opinion is this rule. Unlike the rest of your army they are mindless and need guidance. This means rule wise that a independent character should join the squad (Archon/dracon haemonculi) Although not such a huge drawback overall. (As Haemonculi are relative cheap) it is one that should be kept in mind. Like I said before, they are not so different from some zombies.

Squad leader:
Unlike the rest of your list this unit doesn’t has a squad leader on its own. The squad leader should be provided in the form of a independent character. (see above paragraph). Although as you can see that GW’s intention has been to let this be the squad leader it still means that you have to sacrifice another slot on your FOC to make this squad work.

Aside from this, as we all know a haemonculi only has acces to haemonculi only weapons. Thus the squad can’t have agonisers and the like unless you are willing to throw in your Archon or Dracon.

Ranged Weapons:
Zombies are as we know. .relatively stupid. This is no exception to the grotesques and thus they are not able to wield any ranged weapons. Overall this is a pretty big disadvantage when you combine it with the faq that they ain’t as fast as the rest of our army.

No FOF:
Jup that’s right. Like I stated grotesques are not only Dark Eldar but consist out of our own kindred and other mon keigh. Thus they are not allowed to FOF. A pretty big disadvantage if they don’t have weapons. This also makes it difficult to let your grotesques charge when compared to the rest of our army.

Summary:
So what do we see when we look at their strengths and weaknesses? The most important is that they are NOT Dark Eldar. They are not as mobile and need a leader. They won’t hold their ground on their own in close combat and therefore need to be supported.

So a small overview of units to tag with and combo’s.

‘’Squad leader’’ options:
Archon/Dracon.
Now this is something that at first sight doesn’t seem to appeal at all to you. Commanding some zombies ain’t particulair the most exciting thing to do for your Archon/dracon. However there are of course reasons to do this.

Advantages for the grotesque squad.
-You will be able to take a punisher or agoniser in the squad.
-The grotesques will no longer need to test to move.
-The grotesques will have a high leadership in case they lose combat.
-The chances to win combat increases drastically.

As you can see there are allot of advantages for your squad. But what is the advantage for your Archon?

Advantages for your Archon:
-Protected by the feel no pain rule versus shooting.
-Terrifying opponent rule

The last one is the most important. The grotesques their rules are basically protecting your leader versus shooting and helping in close combat. The most important one is the auto fail morale check thus the opposing squad (if not fearless) needs to run.

Your leader still counts as a separate unit in close combat so you are allowed to use his initiative to gain on the opposing squad. This means your archon his initiative will wipe out opposing squads like 80% of the time! Versus Necrons overall this means a dead squad.

So now you finally see what’s so good about the grotesques. Although quit useless on their own without a leader or supporting squads they are a great addition to support another squad. Making good use of their rules may make a whole difference between winning and losing the combat!

We will now move on the Haemonculi.

Haemonculi:
We all know them. We take them because they are cheap or love the destructor. But what do they have to do in a grotesque squad?

Well first of all. They are the creators of these twisted beasts. Thus fluff wise it would seem normal that the squad is being led by such a figure. Besides that you don’t really need a archon to win close combat. Like I stated before you can support any other close combat squad being it wyches warriors or a talos.

Advantages:
-You can take several haemonculi as one HQ choice.
-You can let your archon join other squads.
-Haemonculi are overall cheap.
-Being able to use the haemonculi as a webway portal deployer.

The last one is something most of us don’t consider. This time the feel no pain rule is important. Although the squad is slow it still is very resilient versus most armies and thus you can (unless facing death wing and the like) walk with a safer pace over the battle field and deploying your web way portal. The look on all those Tau players their faces as almost nothing can stop them is always awesome to behold!

Disadvantages:
-Perhaps you prefer a Dracon to lead a incubi squad instead.
-Haemonculi are restricted to haemonculi weapons only. Thus not being able to take a power weapon.
-The squad now NEEDS support of another unit in close combat.

Overall the disadvantages ain’t that bad when you consider the advantages.

Now the main problem that you still have is that the squad is slow. So how do we fix this?

Rapid deploying your grotesques:
When using grotesques to deploy a web way portal with a haemonculi it might be worth it to buy a raider for them. You overall have more then enough cover to hide at least one raider and thus move forward and unboard them turn 1.

Even so, when your NOT using them to deploy a web way portal a raider is useful. Certainly when you decide to let them come out of the portal. This means that they are somewhat as fast as the rest of your army and thus able to support your units right away.

Units to tag along with:
So what have we learned so far? That the grotesques heavenly rely on their special rules. Besides that they need a squad leader. They don’t really need support (although still wise to do) when being led by a archon while they DO need support when being led by a haemonculi.

So with what kind of units do you tag them along with? Well basically everything that is decent in close combat. This can vary from warriors to wyches to Talos. (The top 3 in my list) I would NOT let them be supported by hellions or warp beasts as they overall ain’t able to dish out as many damage as the other squads and thus you might lose close combat..

Tips:
When coming out of a webway portal or when closing in on your opponent keep in mind that the grotesques need to survive in order to use their special rule. Therefor try to keep at least one of them out of the killzone.

As a second tip: Let the other squad assault all the closest models and try to keep your grotesques as far away out of the killzone as possible. Again you only need their special rule. When your opponents starts hitting the grotesques they will quickly fall under the blades and fists of your opponent. Though their extra wound does give them more chance to survive a fury of blows they still ain’t combat monsters.

Always consider if you are able to kill more models of your opponent then your opponent will kill of you. This means that you need to win close combat. Try to avoid taking unnecessary risks.

Watch out for auto killing weapons! Weapons like assault cannons and heavy gauss flayers (Destroyers of Necrons) are able to quickly gun down your squad.

Last words:
Well that’s all I have to say about out grotesques at the moment my young kindred. I hope that you have learned something and consider using this unit. As it has a potential that most of us simply don’t see. Yet they are hard to use at the same time.

Credits:
Bill For pointing out some minor things.
[Insert name of helper here]
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 04:43:19 AM by Archonbjorn »

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2006, 06:42:22 AM »
Double post.

I know but I don't want to mess up with the article. For all members. The gentlemen in the space tavern have been so nice to make a banner for us so we can identify ourselves. I also asked for a avatar so perhaps we will have one to.

Here is the banner.

Link from my photobucket acc:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v350/heijden/thebloodiedclawcopy.jpg

Now all say thank you to MR Xiou :).

Edit: Really bored today:

Warp beast tactica.
Warp slaves.

This faq is written in my own free time and made for all those Dark Eldar players who would like to know more about how to use their warp beasts. I will discuss various options and tactics of the warp beasts.  Yet this tactica will remain relatively small due to the limited options the squad possesses.. If anyone knows what to add to the tactica then feel free to pm me and I will make notice of it .I hope after reading this Little faq you will have learned a bit more about how to field your Warp beast unit.

-Archon Bjorn-

Warpbeasts, captured and tamed by our beastmasters. To be either being sacrificed in the arena versus other wyches or lead onto the battlefield to cause mayhem and carnage everywhere. The warp beasts have always appealed to me somehow. Perhaps its due to their fluff, perhaps due to the slaughter it causes versus my IG opponent’s. Which it is, I cannot say for certain. But I do want to enlighten some things with this tactica.

The squad as a whole:
When we look at the entry we see that warp beasts are limited 0-1 in a kabal list and only are allowed to be picked if you have a wych squad running around. We also notice that besides the beasts themselves there is a beastmaster. Nothing fancy I hear you say? Just sit back and watch.

The squad consists out of 1 beastmaster and 3/5 warp beasts. A maxed out squad (5 warpbeasts and a beastmasters) costs 75 points. That’s quit cheap for what is able to do. Let me explain you by splitting the unit in two parts.

The beastmaster.
A beastmaster catches these horrors and commands them with a iron fist. But this comes at a cost that the beastmaster no longer is able to focus completely on the fight an thus loses some benefits that the wyches have.

Advantages of the beastmaster:
Agoniser: He only costs 3 pts more then a plain wych. Yet he comes packed with a agoniser for free! Overall you pay around 39 points for a succubus to do the same. But this little dude can do the same with minor modifications to his profile.

Speed:
In order to keep up with the warp beasts, the beastmaster is allowed to charge the same way as the beasts do. Meaning a whopping 12’’ charge. This gives your little squad a possible assault range varying from 19 till 24 (FoF included)

Disadvantages of the beastmaster.
Combat drugs and dodge save:
Because the beastmaster needs to keep his attention at his beasts and not being able to completely focus on his own opponent he doesn’t receive any of these rules that his sisters do have. But we can’t complain. After all the new rules for saving with a majority save would negate the dodge save anyway. While the 12’’ charge is the actual drug that your beastmaster receives.

Of course there will be occasions that your squad will be killed except the beastmaster. If this happens then he still doesn’t benefit from the wych rules. I would assume (as a logical explanation) that he is by now to scarred and wounded (Although not to ruling terms) to be able to dodge anymore.

Warpbeasts:
As expensive as a wych. Yet having the strength of a space marine and more attacks. These beasts are what the unit is all about. When comparing to wyches you get to see the following:

They have had 2 drug options inserted. These are:
- 12’’ charge
- +1S

So for the same points of a wych you get a beast that hits more and has 2 drugs options. Cool I hear you say. So whats the downside? Well these are the following:

-The same armour save as a wych. But no dodge save
-Not being able to take wych weapons
-The squad size is to small to function on its own.
-Not being able to take grenades.

So lets glue the 2 units together and take them through some pointers.

The squad:

Now you have read the former part of the tactic you will quickly start to see their potential areas the ones where they lack. The first key to survival is to let them charge so they have the maximum amount of attacks. A charging squad of beasts will get 20 S4 attacks and 3 agoniser attacks.

This means that overall you will kill around:

MEQ 1,65 w/beasts 0.75 w/beastmaster
IGEQ 2,87 w/beasts 0,99 w/beastmaster

Although not game winners overall it does make a huge difference overall when fighting together with another squad of wyches or the like.

Not being able to have grenades also means that you are somewhat forced to charge units that don’t stand in cover. Why? Because your opponent will otherwise simply target the beasts and finish them off to win combat and negate allot of attacks.

So this basically means that the squad is forced to have some kind of backup in the form of warriors, wyches, talos or a lord. Keep in mind that this unit is meant to support your other units. Not to hold their ground on their own.

Summary:
So what did we learn from this?

-Warp beasts are a support unit. Not a assault unit on its own.
-You need to charge units that don’t stand in cover.
-Always try to take the charge for additional attacks.
-The squad is cheap for what it is able to dish out on damage.
-Once the enemy starts hitting back you’ll get allot of dead warp beasts.

Ways to use your warp beasts:
Now just because your warp beasts are fast and quickly hit the enemy lines doesn’t mean that they are simply assault troops. They also have (although limited) ways to use them.

Protecting the webway portal carrier:
A small task. While the rest of the warrior squads advance with the haemonculi between them (or dracon) the beastmaster leaps from cover to cover charging in to help out the warriors.

Fast assault unit:
Again you need to leap from terrain piece to terrain piece. However you target small squads to entangle them a turn before your slower units reach the lines and finish them off. Why do you want this I hear you say. Mainly because Close combat blocks LOS and thus can shield off a unit of yours.

Web way portal.
The most simple use is in combination with the web way portal. This ensures that the warp beasts are within assault range and hit together with other assault units. Be careful with selecting your targets. There is no need to go after fancy units. Let your elite deal with the special stuff while your warriors and warp beasts deal with the smaller squads.

Note: Keep in mind that warp beasts count as cavalary and thus ain't able to exit the portal if the exit is blocked.

Warp beasts in a wych cult:
So after reading all of this I guess your also falling in love with this unit aren’t you? Well good news my kindred because our wych cults are able to field one warp beast squad for every wych squad in the cult. This is at first sight a nice add on to wych cults but don’t forget that a average wych squad costs around 200 pts. Almost 3 warp beasts squads right there. They are excellent CC supporters for a wych cult. Although you need to watch out at the same time you don’t invest TO much in them.

Last words:
And so my kindred. I finished another article within half a hour out of boredom. I hope that you learned something new. Although I doubt it because this unit is way to limited to write a proper tactica for it. Even so I tried to sum up the most important things. Hoping that the starting Dark Eldar players are able to learn from this and pick off a unit of warp beasts at their own shop.

Credits:
Bill for pointing out that if the WWP is surrounded they can't get out of it.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 04:46:23 AM by Archonbjorn »

Offline comradeDa

• Dracon
    • EAC PRD
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2006, 09:57:54 AM »
Hmm... I think it's better to think of a Warp Beast squad as an add-on to a Wych squad, since you take a Wych squad, and a Warp Beast squad for one Elites slot (I think... It works that way in Wych cults and troops choices). Essentially, a +75 pts for a squad of Warp Beasts. So how can Warp Beasts complement Wych Squads.

As far as a warrior tactica goes, I think I'm up to it, although I need help with formatting, since I'm not too good at formatting and stuff. :S That is all it is, really. I'll do what I can tonight, and post it. Review, trash it, whatever. k. Have fun.
-=[Sybarite]=-
My stories and stuff:
The Other Side
Operation Black Hand

My webcomic:

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2006, 11:02:27 AM »
Yup they are similiar to a add on. The difference is that they walk and act freely from the wych squad thus they are not bounded to them making it able to cooperate with any of your other units.

Formatting? You mean putting stuff in the right order and adding info? I can help you with that. I will also add my own thoughts and the like in it if I see that your forgot something. Scorn has already made a good warrior tactica though (looked around), but the more we have the merrier ^^.

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2006, 12:43:16 PM »
SUSPENSE! DRAMA! BETRAYAL!

I'm taking the position as Drachon of the Kabal of the Raging Beast. I only hope we can organize as good as you all have here. I hope I don't become King Nothing.  :-[

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2006, 12:51:34 PM »
Well cya, *grumbles as he pulls the knife out of his back*

Anyway, I have talked to intellectawe and he will work on a haemonculi coven tactica. Whereas Definatic seems to be willing to make a warrior tactica.

I will work on another tactica tomorrow if I get the chance at English. I am considering to write one about either the haemonculi or hellions.

Lets first cover as many units as possible. Is there anyone here that plays a shadow army? If so then please tell me. I want that this Kabal will actually DO something. Seeing as the project section is quit. .dead. I will try to make tactica's with the help of this kabal.

You don't have to make tactica's if your in this kabal although of course its quit nice if you have your own name standing on the site. I will see what I can arrange for those that help and aint a project contributer to get the rank.

Lets make usselves usefull ppl!

Offline Dranshmont

• Sybarite
  • The race is on Swiper!
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2006, 03:22:00 PM »
Well I Don't think I'm so experienced that I can wright a tactica so I'll just chill here and read the tacticas and maybe think something out. I could try to wright something about a Raider rush army...like lots of dl's and stuff...just a thought

(Click me! Join the Arena of Death!)

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2006, 04:46:34 PM »
Hey it doesn't matter if your not so experienced Dranshmont. We'll make the tactica together in this forum.

You wanna know why I want everyone to try writing a tactica? Because its the same as on school. If you can explain the stuff to others then you comprehend and understand it. Then your able to field it the proper way. With tactica's its just the same. It is a summary of everything that you have learned about that particulair playing style/ unit/ opponent.

If you want to try to write a tactica. then do so and post it here. I will add the information that I know to it together with others that will surely help you out.

I get the feeling that we'll be able to fill the site in no time if we all work together. I just don't understand why we couldn't do the same with the project section.

I also received a PM from Nesbid Bubb (spelled correctly?) with some refreshing ideas for a lord in combination with grots.

Now any suggestions will be considered and discussed here. If you have a idea to improve our kabal, create a better system or what kind of tactica's should be next feel free to post. No matter how stupid it may sound. I am currently considering writing a tactica about every unit that ain't covered yet. (Mandrakes hellions reaver jetbikes scourges talos) after that I will start with tactics versus certain opponents (CSM SM SOB etc) The only problem that I see arise is when I am to lazy to write something.

So does anyone support me with this? I also simply need people that are NOT afraid to state their opinion about articles and can @ some info themselves or spellcheck them for me. You won't get lynches in the chain for helping out to make our kabal more known :).

On a sidenote: I give thee sybarites the power to recruit new members as warriors and the like. Post their name here. Let them confirm it here either through pm or also here and I will put them on the list.

Offline Grumpy Kwi

• Archite
  • Ancient
  • Ask me for the DE True Type Font
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2006, 05:59:42 PM »
Do you want corrections and or additional info to your tacticas here?

I have some ideas and corrections for you on the grotesques - my coven is undefeated and have developed a unique strategy in using them.

I definitely have something to say about Reavers and I will check out your Warp Beast tactica tonight.

I am the Maintainer and Beta Testor for the Dark Eldar Army Builder program - their is a feature in it that allows you to watermark your lists, change colors and add symbols and pictures - I wouldn't mind working on the theme in Army Builder for our Kabal, however, it seems there is some time involved and surely a mere warrior can only do so much...

Offline Archonbjorn

• Archon
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2006, 06:14:14 PM »
Throw in everything you know so we can compile the data. So we have 2 coven players among us. I think that you and Intellectawe will be able to take care of the coven tactica.

So comment everything you want. Throw in anything that is usefull and can be added. If you show that you are able to add some usefull information and help us out I will promote you to sybarite within a instant. (Seeing as we got some free slots again hehe)