News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Konrad Von Carstein's Sanity Rule  (Read 2002 times)

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Konrad Von Carstein's Sanity Rule
« on: May 17, 2016, 08:35:43 AM »
I've read the description for Konrad Von Carstein's One Bat Short of a Belfry rule several times now, because I can't believe that it really means what it means.  Is that really the rule?  If so, I can't any way in which anyone would choose to have him talk back to you, especially during a critical point of the game.  Am I missing something?
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Radec

• Armies: Chaos Daemons, Genestealer Cults (soon, yess soon)
Re: Konrad Von Carstein's Sanity Rule
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2016, 09:00:58 AM »
 You're supposed to make a little theater out of it:
 - Do you see how they cower Konrad? Yes, yes indeed! You are correct - they are cowards!
etc.
It is one of the funny rules that you are free to ignore. Almost all of the new units shy away from them.

Offline Grand Master Lomandalis

• Grand Master of the Deathwing | Oh the lolmanity! | 40kOnline's Care Bear of LOL!
  • Global Moderator
  • We were murderers first, last, and always!
  • Armies: Dark Angels, Custodes, Knights, Night Lords
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2016, 02:18:34 PM »
GW did that with a lot of units when they first released AoS.  There is a Dwarf rule where you get a benefit if you have a more luxurious beard that your opponent, or the Grail Knight rule where you get to reroll hits if you "lift a grail and yell FOR THE LADY in a heroic voice."

Some people are really on board with those stupid activations, and others grant the benefit of the rule without the stupid parts.
If there is anything that recent politics has taught us, it is that quotes taken out of context can mean what ever you want them to.
Well I always liked the globals...
I knew I had fans!!!

"Dark Angels are Traitors" is the 40k equivalent of Flat Earthers.  You can provide all of the proof you want that says otherwise, but people just can't let it go...

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2016, 07:56:16 AM »
All the funny rules are also being phased out. Most named characters, are now generic heroes, or no longer available. Some, like the masque of slaanesh, had her funny rule removed. I think those rules were in there as a last hurrah for those characters.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria