News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: SM Command Squad  (Read 2089 times)

Offline NewHeretic

• Same Heretic, New God | Ork Boy
SM Command Squad
« on: January 5, 2009, 09:58:07 PM »
Here is my recently converted Command Squad.

This is my first Standard-bearer ever.  I used a Blood Angels banner with the blood drops broken off.  I attached a small banner from my bitz box to the back, top of it.  I used a metal Terminator Thunder Hammer for the right arm.  I don't remember where the banner on his backpack came from (loose in my bitz box  :-\), but his Storm Shield is half of a double-headed Aquila from the tank HQ sprue.  I thought it made a good-looking shape for a Storm Shield on a Command Squad Standard-bearer.

This guy is the only one with a 'real' Storm Shield.  He has a Bolt Pistol attached to his shield, which is barely visible in the third picture.

This member of the Command Squad has an old metal Lighting Claw and a Bolter.  His Storm Shield is made from a common button with the pin and the covering removed.  He's keeping his head covered as he charges in.

This guy has a Power Axe and Bolt Pistol.  His Storm Shield is made from the base of some Chaos equipment from the Command Tank sprue.  I think I need to add a few Purity Seals to the flat circles on the front of his Storm Shield.  (That's where I cut the rest of the piece off.)

This last Marine is also equipped with a Power Sword and a Bolt Pistol and his Storm Shield is made from a portion of the Tau Command Tank Sprue.  He is shooting an enemy to his left as he rushes forward into combat.

As the Galahadain are considered heretics by the Imperium and thus, have been on the run for all but the last few decades of their existance, they are quite adept, as you can see, at salvaging equipment from anywhere they find it available.

I hope you enjoy them.

NewHeretic
« Last Edit: September 22, 2009, 02:38:40 PM by NewHeretic »
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

NewHeretic, forum policeman.

Offline Heimdall

• Painted Figures
Re: SM Command Squad
« Reply #1 on: January 5, 2009, 10:26:35 PM »
You seem to have forgotten the Apothicary that comes in the command squad, one of the 5 guys needs to be ready to patch the rest up.  You should also consider removing the mold lines, it really takes away from their look to have those extra lines on the heads and legs.

Offline Ailaros

• Why do the poutiest guys get the biggest guns?
    • my webpage
« Reply #2 on: January 5, 2009, 10:39:00 PM »
It's kind of sad to see so much thought put into something only to have the first and last thing that's noticed is the gigantic moulding lines glaring out at you. Give 'em a file, and all will be made right.

Visit my My Battle Report Archive.
Winner of the 2007 "Best Writer of Articles", "Strategic Excellence", and "Imperial Guard Poster of the Year" awards.

Offline NewHeretic

« Reply #3 on: January 6, 2009, 12:19:57 AM »
Ahh!  I completely forgot about the Apothecary.  That'll be my next konversion.

And, you're right, I see.  The mold line really stand out, don't they.  Alright, if I must take the time to do it right, then I must.   :-\

Thanks.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

Offline jawmonkey

• My disgust for you is only matched by my rage.
« Reply #4 on: January 6, 2009, 12:31:37 AM »
I rarely sand my mould lines... [tee, hee]

good job, the standard bearer makes the rest look sad though (he's the best IMO).
Throwing feces in the eye of insolence.

Check out my terrain tutorial!, New chapter; plasticard watch tower added 11-6-11!

Also,examples of my many armies;  pics of all sorts of huge commissions

Offline SMVaughn

• "I am and always shall be your friend." - LN
  • Armies: Space Marines, Dark Angels, Eldar, Chaos Marines
« Reply #5 on: January 7, 2009, 07:08:01 AM »
Damn. Those are some kick ass conversions.

Good job. I look forward to seeing yoru paint scheme on them.

And you hinted at their being on the run...I did not know that...I need to read more of the background on my marines from the codex...hehe

Cheers

Offline NewHeretic

« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 10:10:28 AM »
Thanks for the praise, guys.

And you hinted at their being on the run...I did not know that...I need to read more of the background on my marines from the codex...hehe

They are my own DIY chapter, so the fluff is my own creation.

NewHeretic
Good advice from Joshua:

Choose you this day
Whom you will serve...
As for me and my house,
We will serve the Lord.

Offline Grand Master Rex Nihilo

• Victory is one part planning and nine parts Faith
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2009, 04:25:37 PM »
I like the conversions, in particular some of the poses. Very Dynamic which I like.

I find white primer especially shows the mold lines. Which is why I use it most.

Rob
7000 points of Grey Knights
6000 points of Fire Drakes Space Marines