News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Hardest School Class  (Read 1499 times)

Offline Scars

• Warning: He bites
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Spooky! Shocking!
    • Progressive Labour Party
Re:Hardest School Class
« Reply #20 on: October 4, 2002, 04:53:42 PM »
Yeah, I mean half of the stuff I am taught I will never ever ever use. I mean, when I am in a car crash will I sit and think, well was I at tthe wrong angle and thus I hit............
'The genius of you Americans is that you never make clear-cut stupid moves, only complicated stupid
moves'
- Abd al-Nasir
Progressive Labour Party

Offline Athenys Manan

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Live from the Eye of Terror
« Reply #21 on: October 5, 2002, 10:37:34 PM »
I'm talking University level Advanced Calculus ... or Organic Chemistry *screams* OH, THE HORROR!

Offline Kage2020

• Knower of Things
  • Ancient
  • Mar a tha, mar a bha, mar a bhitheas vyth go bragh
« Reply #22 on: October 6, 2002, 02:06:13 PM »
For me?  Languages.  Argh, just cannot get my head around it.  I know enough root Latin to be able to make out numerous European languages, but that's not enough for me.

When I get enough time I will learn another language! :D

As to the other classes.  I cannot remember any problems... as long as you're enjoying what you're doing the rest seems to fall into place. ;) ::)

Offline MPC

« Reply #23 on: October 7, 2002, 12:52:21 AM »
looking at all the people saying school is easy, and people taking AP test, it seems that people who play eldar are smarter than your average person   ;)
i dont have a class that stands out, but having 6 AP classes can be a be-atch sometimes. I am not sure how i will handle all those tests...oh well the physics one wasnt that hard last year.
and it IS important to know the friction! if you ever have to pull a block up a hill, wouldnt you want to sit down and calculate the exact amount of force it would require  ;D
The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.

You can run but you can't glide!

Offline SparqMan

• Pimpmaster General
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Read the Codex.
    • The Daily Jolt
« Reply #24 on: October 7, 2002, 02:35:30 AM »
I remember my AP physics course very fondly.

I find that the laws and theories of physics are totally applicable to life, as well as to black-box experimentation. Quantum theory...oh man, I love that stuff. Read the play "Copenhagen"...and it will blow your mind. It's an excellent read.

I think I liked physics for the same reason that I like economics -- it is primarily theoretical. I might still minor in either. =) We'll see.