News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: 1850 Eldar Warhost Tournament List II  (Read 1769 times)

Offline rcm2216

1850 Eldar Warhost Tournament List II
« on: May 13, 2008, 10:54:28 AM »
Can you analyze and evaluate this army for its viability.  Is it a potent army?
How well will it do against an Ork horde army.  Is this a take on all comers army list?

This is a fast and manueverable army meant to be a take on all comers.  It is a fragile list meant to be selected in its attacks by taking on fractions of the enemy's army peicemeal at a time.  This army is built with the 5th edition in mind according to the LOS rules. 

This army belongs to a secretive Craftworld without a confirmed name until this day.  It is believed to be Craftworld Talseth who were once allied and trained with Craftworld Saim-Hann.  The truth is that these craftworld Eldar have begun to resettle the Maiden Worlds the Eldar claim as their own in the western sector of the galaxy near Tau Space.  These Eldar forces fight in the fashion of Saim-Hann, but they lack Shining Spears aspect warriors.  Maybe they will found some at 2,000 points.  They recruited the aid of the Harlequins who endeavor to rid the Maiden worlds of any influence of Chaos.  To this end, this unknown Craftworld has laid waste to many Imperial and Ork worlds in the name of reclaiming their former Empire and Glory.  They use a hugh amount of flamer template weapons as the means purge and purify the Maiden worlds of Xeno taint.  They are different than most Craftworld in that they take prisoners as if they are Dark Eldar.  They use the chosen prisoners as either hostages or conscript garrison forces on worlds they have claimed.  So, far three Imperial Worlds have not been heard of since the reports of this brand of Eldar has taken to conquest.  They destroy all structures on a planet that are not their own which is a type of calling card for these war craving Eldar.

HQ
Yriel
Farseer: Doom, Singing Spear, Runes of Warding (Rolls with the footslogging Harlequins)

Elite
Fire Dragons (6): Exarch, heavy flamer, crackshot
Fire Dragons (5)
Harlequins (10): Shadowseer, 9 Kisses, Death Jester

Troops
Jetbike unit (3+1): shuriken cannon, warlock, destructer, jetbike, singing spear
Jetbike unit (3+1): shuriken cannon, warlock, destructer, jetbike, singing spear
Jetbike unit (3+1): shuriken cannon, warlock, destructer, jetbike

Fast Attack
Warp Spiders (8): Exarch, duel death spinners, withdraw, powerblades

Heavy Support
Fire Prism: Holofields, Spirit Stones
Falcon: Holofields, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines, Shuriken Cannon
Falcon: Holofields, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines, Shuriken Cannon

Yriel will hide in either Falcon and play the suprise assault roll.  I just love the second assault round large blast template close combat weapon.  He can also foot slog with the Harlies if the mood is right.
Fire Dragons- Hit hard targets, terminators, biker nobs, tanks, and cheesey armies
Bikes- harass, and crowd control, they act like a spring board for the Harlies to enter into combat easier.  This tactic has not failed me yet.  I have won multiple tournament sacrificing these units.  I charge with the bikes in a manner that I either tie or win combat.  Then manuever my Harlies to engage next my turn.  Hold up the unit until their next round, then hit them with the Harlies.  5th edition might put a freeze to this.
Falcons- VP denial, harass, anti tank
« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 02:35:32 AM by rcm2216 »

Offline Scalu

• Craftworld Zaitor / Splinter Fleet Whiteclaw
    • Campaign Maps
Re: 1850 Eldar Warhost Tournament List II
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 11:35:39 AM »
It looks really good.  I would however drop the Vyper and Vectored Engines from the Fire Prism, and get a basic Farseer in there.  If you could round up a few more points, I would give him fortune.  Turbo-boosting jetbikes, Harlequins, and Spiders are all great units to use Fortune with.
http://www.storyofstuff.com/
1850 pts Tau army assembled and painted in 1 month!

Offline rcm2216

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2008, 01:48:15 PM »
I would like to submit this list for the Big Eldar List.  It is finalized and good for posting, thanks.

Offline rcm2216

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2008, 12:48:26 AM »
BUMP?
I just know the list is not that good, help a brother out with some suggestions and critiques, you want hurt my fellings.  What is right and what is wrong.  Calling veteran pointy ears.

Offline Scalu

• Craftworld Zaitor / Splinter Fleet Whiteclaw
    • Campaign Maps
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2008, 11:30:21 AM »
Your list is quite good actually, so no worries there.  It may not be getting too much attention because people will not bother spending time on it if it's not really easy to read.  You could edit your first post and do the following to make it more readable:
- Do not number your units. (e.g. Yriel instead of 1. Yriel)
- Put the number of units in front of the unit name (e.g. 8 Warp Spiders instead of Warp Spiders (8))
- Put the total point cost of each unit next to the unit, but do not put the individual point costs for each or any options in the unit.
  That should make it a bit easier to understand and draw more critiques for you.

Also, I want to mention a couple of other things.  I do not think that giving Doom to your Farseer is the best thing for this army.  Most of your firepower is S6 and higher, and will have no problem wounding most units.  Doom would still come in handy against MC's and whatnot, but you shouldn't really have a problem hurting them as it is.  Instead of Doom give Mind War a try and snipe away special characters.

The other thing was that I think the dual-death spinners is a better weapon for the Spider Exarch.  The extra shots really helps to boost the overall firepower of the unit I find.  It is somewhat a matter of preference I guess, but I like all the extra shots over the 1 better shot.
http://www.storyofstuff.com/
1850 pts Tau army assembled and painted in 1 month!

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2008, 12:58:55 PM »
HQ - 253
(***) Yriel
(98) Farseer: Doom, Singing Spear, Runes of Warding (Rolls with the footslogging Harlequins)

Elite - 449
(113) Fire Dragons (6): Exarch, heavy flamer, crackshot
(80) Fire Dragons (5)
(256) Harlequins (10): Shadowseer, 9 Kisses, Death Jester

Troops - 399
(134) Jetbike unit (3+1): shuriken cannon, warlock, destructer, jetbike, singing spear
(134) Jetbike unit (3+1): shuriken cannon, warlock, destructer, jetbike, singing spear
(131) Jetbike unit (3+1): shuriken cannon, warlock, destructer, jetbike

Fast Attack - 218
(218) Warp Spiders (8 ) Exarch, duel death spinners, withdraw, powerblades

Heavy Support - 530
(160) Fire Prism: Holofields, Spirit Stones
(185) Falcon: Holofields, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines, Shuriken Cannon
(185) Falcon: Holofields, Spirit Stones, Vectored Engines, Shuriken Cannon

1849pts, 10 S-Units, 46 Figures.

moc-score

1.. Anti-tank potential: Every unit has Armour Potential and several have a dedicated Armour potential, overall its Very Good (.9 )
2.. Anti-MEQ potential: Plenty of low AP stuff as well as Rending, etc, overall its Very Good (.9)
3.. Anti-Horde potential: The numbers are a little low and it could have another Flamer or so; but its speed will help it so overall its Good (.8 )
4.. Ranged Firepower potential: Good Mid range, and little low on Long range; but its speed can off-set this, so overall its Good (.8 )
5.. Assault potential: Only one true Assault unit, but things like the Spiders can certainly help out so overall its Average (.6)
6.. Scoring Units / point level:  10 S-Units at 1850 is Good (.8 )
7.. Durability or Resilience: JBS, Speed, good T, etc all add up to making it fairly durable even though its numbers are a bit low, overall I feel its Good (.8 )
8.. Flexability: It can certainly be used against pretty well any race or army configuration, although I do see some minor tweeks to improve it, overall its Good (.8 )
9.. Mission Capabiliy: I don't see to many scenerios that this army could not function well in, thus I feel its Very Good (.9)
10. Dynamics and/or Theme: Its certainly a decent Hammer and Anvil style army (focus on the Hammer or even a pair of Hammers) although Yriel is more commonly known for his work with Iyanden style... I still feel that its got a decent Hybrid theme so I give it a Good (.8 )

Rating = 8.1/10  Others may score it differently; but in the right hands this army is pretty ready to go to war against almost anything.

Suggestions for changes:
  • Swap your FD figures around a little to be like this, as it adds a flamer, and you have virtually the same anti-armour potential (+1pt so you can afford it).

(97) Fire Dragons (5): Exarch, heavy flamer, crackshot
(97) Fire Dragons (5): Exarch, heavy flamer, crackshot
  • You could run the JB's a little differently (but your playstye would dictate this more than anything) maybe something like this: (saves you 11pts)

(156) JB's - (4+1) 1 Shuri-can Warlock with Destructor and Spear.
(156) JB's - (4+1) 1 Shuri-can Warlock with Destructor and Spear.
(76) JB's - 3: i Shuri-can.
And then trim 2 Kisses to get more points for your FD squad (add that second Exarch with DBF & CS, whatever you like)

CaHG

« Last Edit: May 15, 2008, 08:50:38 AM by moc065 »
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline rcm2216

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2008, 01:59:30 AM »
This list is finalized and good to go for posting and rating on the Eldar Big List.  Thanks for the opportunity to share.