News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Has any one made/found an Eldar version of imperial bunker??  (Read 3679 times)

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Has anyone found anything to sub in as an imperial bunker (wall of Martyrs) that looks Eldarish.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
Re: Has any one made/found an Eldar version of imperial bunker??
« Reply #1 on: March 2, 2015, 09:03:41 AM »
Have you seen miniature scenery's Sanctuary of Souls? They are an Australian firm so could be handy for you if you like what you see.

Failing that have a look at Micro Art Studio or Brush4Hire for some nice looking space elf terrain.

Also Angelo Castiglioni does a range of stuff that you have to make yourself using plans that you buy from him.
Quote from: Starrakatt
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"
Quote from: Cavalier
Honestly Alienscar, we get it... you dont like painting!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #2 on: March 2, 2015, 04:19:33 PM »
Have you seen miniature scenery's Sanctuary of Souls? They are an Australian firm so could be handy for you if you like what you see.

Failing that have a look at Micro Art Studio or Brush4Hire for some nice looking space elf terrain.

Also Angelo Castiglioni does a range of stuff that you have to make yourself using plans that you buy from him.

That Brush4hire has some nice stuff.

Yeah miniaturescenery has a nice option for an aegis defence line.

Stumbled on this for Quad guns.
Defense Gun Turret (Multiple Designs) | WarGamma

They also do Barricades (with the quadgun)
Linked Barricade Set - Dradelian Noble | WarGamma

They also do some stuff that will fit other armies as well.

Ran across the Angelo stuff but its a bit too squarish for me.

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #3 on: March 3, 2015, 11:09:10 AM »
Yeah I saw the Mr Dandy stuff but as I didn't like the look of it I didn't bother to post a liml.

It's funny with the Eldar but I have noticed quite a few threads, on here and other sites, on the subject of Eldar Aegis Defence Lines and a few Quad Gun threads but there really is a dearth of Bunker related stuff.

Have you considered making your own Quad Gun? If you have got any spare Bright Lances to hand you might like to have a go at somehing similar to Reepy's Quad Gun
"Russ, get your work done or you won't see your damn console for the next month!"

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #4 on: March 3, 2015, 08:22:56 PM »
Yeah I saw the Mr Dandy stuff but as I didn't like the look of it I didn't bother to post a liml.

It's funny with the Eldar but I have noticed quite a few threads, on here and other sites, on the subject of Eldar Aegis Defence Lines and a few Quad Gun threads but there really is a dearth of Bunker related stuff.

Have you considered making your own Quad Gun? If you have got any spare Bright Lances to hand you might like to have a go at somehing similar to Reepy's Quad Gun

Yeah thought about building my own, trouble is my DIY jobs end up looking like Homer's spice rack :)

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #5 on: March 5, 2015, 03:45:52 AM »
Here is one I started:

Still in work but ya get the jist.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Alienscar

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #6 on: March 5, 2015, 10:19:37 AM »
I do indeed get the gist of it and it is looking good so far. Don't suppose you took pictures as you made it did you?

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #7 on: March 5, 2015, 11:41:28 AM »
Sorry, but no.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Offline khaine

• This happens when I am bored.
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Truly Dread
« Reply #8 on: March 5, 2015, 12:55:38 PM »
*If* you go down the route of building your own this may be a helpful tool to try out. Based off Dreads photo I knocked this up in about 5 mins and even if you don't have access to 3D printing you can still break the model back down and lift measurements off of it. It's also a lot easier to adjust things as you go and a mistake doesn't cost you any materials, just a little time. Also after a little google searching it looks like you can take a 3D model and turn it into a 2D print out to use as a template.

Doesn't really help with your original question but could help with the Homers spice rack issue.  :)

There's no stopping what can't be stopped, no killing what can't be killed

You can't see the eyes of the demon until him come calling.

This is dread man, truly dread.

"Childhood is when you idolize Batman. Adulthood is when you realize that the Joker makes more sense."

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #9 on: March 5, 2015, 09:41:04 PM »
That looks great Dread, can't wait to see the final product :)

*If* you go down the route of building your own this may be a helpful tool to try out. Based off Dreads photo I knocked this up in about 5 mins and even if you don't have access to 3D printing you can still break the model back down and lift measurements off of it. It's also a lot easier to adjust things as you go and a mistake doesn't cost you any materials, just a little time. Also after a little google searching it looks like you can take a 3D model and turn it into a 2D print out to use as a template.

Doesn't really help with your original question but could help with the Homers spice rack issue.  :)

That's an awesome looking tool thanks!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2015, 07:00:45 PM »
I'm gonna put shur cannons around the walls like the hvy bolters on the imperial one but not sure if I should put T-L missile launchers or bright lances on the top?