News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Aurics Pride's Projects- Corsairs, Raven Guard, Daemons and now Dark Eldar!  (Read 59505 times)

Offline Grizzlykin

• Run little eldar, run! ... And KILL THEM ALL !
  • Armies: Eldars, Tau, Necrons
God weaver looks insane...

These diamonds I nearly did not noticed them with how well they were integrated!!

You are a freaking madman! Keep them coming!
The Grizzly's Arvandor Craftworld!

Quote from: Cavalier
ALL HAIL THE TORNADO! The legend is REBORN.

Quote from: Alienscar
The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
Thanks guys!

@Cav- Haha thanks bud, well after listening to the latest Splintermind podcast you will be joining the journey!

@Myental- You'd be surprised at how easy the diamonds can be, you just need to get a good system going and use techniques like steadying your hands against your tabletop etc.

@Dread- Cheers bud!

@Loosh- Thanks man, I really am loving these models for painting and it's been so rewarding actually taking some time to paint them up.

@MagenB- Cheers bud, god bless the airbrush! haha

@Grizzlykin- Thanks bud! I always try and be quite careful with my colour choices and limiting my palette for a kit.

@Everybody-
So I've finished my pledge for May and have got a couple of pictures for you all!
DSC_4118
DSC_4119
DSC_4121
DSC_4123
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline Ynneadwraith

• Corsair
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
...I need an airbrush.

Absolutely stunning work dude :)
Check out my Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders :)

Eldar, Exodites, Corsairs and Croneworlders!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
Stunning AP. This is easily your best work; and that's saying something because you've put out great stuff before now. These, though, are simply on another level.

I love how the colour scheme of the players is mirrored in the Starweaver without it being forced. The star fields are just another sublime touch that shows off your obvious airbrush skills.

That isn't to say that your brush work isn't excellent too, it's just that everything you touch with an airbrush turns to gold at the moment.

Beautiful...and very hard to top with your June pledge.

What is your June pledge, by the way?
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline Grizzlykin

This is just so freakin cool !!! I gotta say, you absolutly nailed it!

...I need an airbrush.

Absolutely stunning work dude :)

Yep the same. This sold me on airbrush so much !

On a side note :

Can I ask what you mean by that?  I know I'm not the target of the question but ??? Oo

The forum member so nice that even when he is MIA he still gets two votes for being the nicest member

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin

Can I ask what you mean by that?  I know I'm not the target of the question but ??? Oo

AP is doing a Tale of 4 Gamers type thing. He pledges what he’ll paint each month, and then goes and does it.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
@Auric's Pride- Damn AP this is just fantastic work man. You've really outdone yourself here.... as much as I love your other stuff... this is handsdown the best work you've done. Its just so, so, so well done man. You are gonna crush this contest bro. This is gonna be MIGHTY tough to beat. I know I just keep saying it... but Starfield + Checkers... damn. :o This is just fantastic work all around man. Killing it.

@Everybody- Myself, Brian and Thor are running a Harlequin painting challenge through our podcast (Splintermind). You guys are all welcome to join in just for the challenge and fun of it, but since AP is a Patreon he's battling for supreme bragging rights and a prize. I'll be posting my progress here as well as on Facebook, so feel free to join in. A thousand points by the end of September (and a mandatory 250pts a month) are the rules. Feel free to hop on board the clown car!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
I'm loving the purple and blues Auric. That bronze/gold is just superb and so clean. What metallics are you using? I've been trying Hashut Copper, but its just so clumpy. Nothing in consistency like old school mithril. I need to know your secret!

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Oh my! I just love the level of skill you have reached. It humbles me to see how far you've come thru the years. Very great use of color and so clean. I just want to hang up my brushes when I see what you, Cav, Loosh, etc. Are putting out there. Keep it up.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
Thanks guys!

@Ynnead- You definitely need an airbrush, mine massively improved my painting.

@Loosh- Thanks man! I'm really glad that you like them! They've been super fun to paint! My June pledge is partially complete. It's gonna be a Heroes path formation (Solitaire, Death Jester, Shadowseer) and then 4x Skyweavers. Got everything at least partially done but may be struggling to get the details done by the end of the month.

@Grizzlykin- Thanks bud! Honestly, I wholeheartedly recommend getting an airbrush. They are an absolute game changer!
As Loosh and Cav have mentioned I started a "Tale of Gamers" thing with some friends in May where I pledge to build and paint at least 1 unit per month. It also really conveniently fell in line with the Splintermind competition to paint up 1,000pts of Harlequins by September in similar fashion. These have really pushed me to spend more time in the painting and really motivate me to get stuff done.

@Cav- Cheers Cav! To be honest the Harlequins are probably my favourite thing in the 40k universe so it's really been a labour of love. Oh and I want that prize!  ;)

@Dog_of_war- Cheers bud! There is no real secret to the golds to be honest! Retributor armour with a Reikland flesh wash over the top. Simple but so effective!

@Dread- Thanks Dread, Honestly I always used to feel the same when looking at some of the stuff posted on here but now I just use it to motivate myself to get better!

___________________ ___________________ _____

@Everybody-
A little update to the Harlequins, part of my June Pledge has been completed in the Solitaire and Death Jester. I've kept to the same colour scheme for these models so that I can build up a nice cohesive look across the army. Really enjoying how these are coming out now!
DSC_4619
DSC_4621

I also shot a real quick video of my Harlequins so far, Unfortunately the quality isn't nearly as good as I had hoped for. I struggled somewhat with focus (due to light) and the stabiliser was misbehaving but hopefully it'll still look cool.
Harlequins - YouTube

I shall try and do a better quality one in the future!

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Absolutley sick man. These guys are just coming out so phenomenally good. Come to think of it I dont think I've ever seen the starfield/checker combo before... and you are just nailing it. I'm loving the gold accent on the weapons too, gives some nice distinctness amid the nebulous mystery of all the other colors. Crushing it bro
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Is it me or does the galaxy pattern on that Death Jester and Solitaire seemed like it's reached the pique of epic proportions!?  :) I think it's because it's been combined so well with the diamond patterns, great stuff all around Auric, cannot wait to see what you churn out next!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
More really cool work AP. Those guys will look excellent leading your Harlequin force.

If I were to be hyper critical (and it would be nitpicking to the nth degree), I feel that the star fields are a little too dense on the cloaks of the new characters. That's just an opinion though and one that you should probably ignore, because those minis still look utterly terrific.

Great work, I'm looking forward to the next instalment!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
Cheers guys,
Sorry there hasn't been an update in ages! Unfortunately I have been suffering a bit from Nurgles rot and from not enough hours in the day recently.
I've got some  more bits done on the Harlequins but will be updating them soon, once the current pieces are completed.

@ Cav- Cheers bud, it's something I hadn't thought I had seen. I like being original but it did mean that I didn't have anyone to steal inspiration off!

@Myental- Haha thanks man! I've got to be honest I think I can do better than I did on these guys, I am constantly working on it to try and improve it and I've picked up a few ideas that I think may make it better.

@Looshkin- Thanks bud! To be honest I actually agree with you on that point, I think I was putting too much effort into making the colours 'pop' on the cloaks that they ended up a bit strong. It's always tough in smaller spaces as well, much easier on the large surfaces of the vehicles!

So I am continuing with my pledge for the Splintermind Harlequin Challenge but once I have cleared what is on my progress pile that will give me a solid Battallion and I am thinking I want to add a bit of a centrepiece model. The problem is that I have no idea what I want to add! Unfortunately the Harlequins don't really have anything Wraithknight/ Knight/ Primarch sized that they can take. Suggestions would definitely be welcomed!

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
Hey Guys!
So I've not really been around very much recently but I have been continuing with the hobby progress!
The Splintermind Harlequin challenge officially finishes today and after a lot of work (much of it over the last two days!) I've finished my Harlequin army! I may add in some more characters in the coming weeks but I have now finished roughly 2k points worth of Harlequins!

DSC00760
DSC00773
DSC00780

And I am now going to go sit down in a dark room.....

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
Wow.

Not much else I can say other than wow. This project has seen you produce your best work by far...and it's not even close. That's not to say what you painted before wasn't good...but this is serious, next level stuff.

It's tremendous and everything works so well together. It looks amazing.

So yeah.

Wow.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
Re: Aurics Pride's Projects- Corsairs, Raven Guard, Daemons and now Dark Eldar!
« Reply #436 on: September 1, 2018, 01:14:26 PM »
Simply amazing! I'm glad you carried the design on to the WK. That's my intention too, if I get to paint on them again. I just love the dark ominous look, groovy!
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #437 on: September 1, 2018, 03:20:14 PM »
Now are those are some cosmic beauties, Auric, and gorgeous to behold in all of their splendor! Amazing work, you must have put an obscene amount of effort into making this force and every second of care shows in the result. I love the diamond patterns the most, but the galaxy effect is top notch man :). Love that you managed to tie in your wraithknight with the same scheme, he looks so cool!

You should feel proud of a great task completed. I cannot wait to see what your next project might be ;D!
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #438 on: September 2, 2018, 05:02:34 PM »
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuude that looks awesome :) The maks and mirage launchers on the wraithknight are really nice touches.

Offline Grizzlykin

« Reply #439 on: September 3, 2018, 12:11:23 PM »
The insanity you bring me with this level of painting is absurd!

I've shown that to a bunch of friend and they were all flagbestered, you really did a pretty awesome job!

Really great stuff I love it :D