News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Toronto GT  (Read 355 times)

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
Toronto GT
« on: May 18, 2003, 08:52:48 PM »
I was at the GT in Toronto... No I did not pay the 175$ to play, but watched and bought a lots of stuff.  Most vehicles in box sets were 1/2 price, I spent about $100 but the stuff was worth about $250 in total.  I am soooo happy.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Offline Xris

• Xris
Re:Toronto GT
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 09:19:12 PM »
i wish i could have gone but i didn't really know about, i live just outside of Toronto so really i should have been there.

how often do cities have gts? like how long am i going to have to wait for another gt in Toronto?
Xris - Fire it up!

Offline Roma

• Grace me guide
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 11:49:22 PM »
when was this?!? I had no idea they were hosting a GT in toronto. wow, I miss everything. lol

Offline Poueblo

• cheese-tastic
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2003, 11:25:07 AM »
Hey, I think GT's are held every year.  If you want to play games (6 for each person) there is a 175$ canadaian charge.  However, for cheap people like me, I watched a couple of games, and bought tonnes of stuff.   There should probably be another GT about the same time next year.  I hadn't heard of it either, until one of my friends participating there phone me and told me that there were crates of sprues half off.  They were mainly tanks, though I saw some necron warriors there as well.  I got 3 eldar jetbikes (9$ each)
2 falcons - they came in 3 peices, the bottom and top were 9$ each, the canopy at the top was 5$, and I got 2 vypers 15$ each.  All the prices are in Canadian.  Next year I will definatly go (not to play of course) but for the the good deals)  This happened this weekend - Sat, Sun.
Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.