News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: [1750] - Eldar - (Un)cheesy Craftworld Warhost with Wraiths  (Read 2381 times)

Offline Aralion

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
[1750] - Eldar - (Un)cheesy Craftworld Warhost with Wraiths
« on: December 1, 2016, 04:15:26 PM »
Hi all.

So I was able to restore my old airbrush and got the idea to paint some of the Space Elves again and have decided that I want to paint some wraith units together with Swooping Hawks (Dark Eldar Scourges).

As such I have conducted an army who I think will be fun to play and fairly balanced.

I am going with a Craftworld Warhost with a pale court to make shure I just get the models I want.
I am hoping my "Tax" on some sub optimal units will be enough to balance the D.

As it stands, I'm not that sold about the Wraithblades but with the Deliverence spell from the Wraithseer giving them feel no pain will make you need 53 bolter shots or about 4.5 Plasma Shots to kill just one. That is fun to me

Craftworld Warhost

Core: Pale Court. Traits: Tomb ship of fallen heroes, Aspect Warrior Shrine

Wraithseer: D cannon 245.p

6x Swooping Hawks: Exarch 106.p

Auxiliary: Spirit Hoast

Spiritseer: 70

10x Wraithblades: Axe, Shield 300.p

5x Wraithguard 160.p

5x Wraithguard 160.p

Wraithlord: 2x Scatter Lasers 150.p

Skathach Wraithknight: 315.p

1748.p

SO what do you think?
« Last Edit: December 2, 2016, 02:46:49 AM by Aralion »

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: [1750] - Eldar - (Un)cheesy Craftworld Warhost with Wraiths
« Reply #1 on: December 2, 2016, 07:26:54 AM »
Hey Aralion I think you've got a great fun, fluffy list with some nice punch to it. Should be good and challenging to play, but with the Warhost detatchment it actually makes those footslogging Wraith units a bit better. I wouldn't worry about cheese being called on you... the guy who runs my local GW who everybody love and would never dream of calling a cheesey dude runs a very similar Iyanden list.

Also as an aside if you are looking for alternative models for Swooping Hawks I heartily recommend FW Eldar Corsairs. I have a whole counts-as army and the Corsairs fit right into the aesthetic of the Craftworlders (they do use Guardian bodies). Also they come with lasblasters which is handy.

As for the Wraithblades they are a challenge to play but they usually get ignored most of the time so you can really surprise people with them. I've played them many, many times and while challenging I still like them. Especially when they can make contact with monstrous creatures and the like.

Anyway I think this is a great fun list and would love to play with and against it.
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Aralion

• I *LOVE* EO and 40K.ca
« Reply #2 on: December 2, 2016, 08:55:38 AM »
Hey Aralion I think you've got a great fun, fluffy list with some nice punch to it. Should be good and challenging to play, but with the Warhost detatchment it actually makes those footslogging Wraith units a bit better. I wouldn't worry about cheese being called on you... the guy who runs my local GW who everybody love and would never dream of calling a cheesey dude runs a very similar Iyanden list.

Also as an aside if you are looking for alternative models for Swooping Hawks I heartily recommend FW Eldar Corsairs. I have a whole counts-as army and the Corsairs fit right into the aesthetic of the Craftworlders (they do use Guardian bodies). Also they come with lasblasters which is handy.

(Image removed from quote.)

As for the Wraithblades they are a challenge to play but they usually get ignored most of the time so you can really surprise people with them. I've played them many, many times and while challenging I still like them. Especially when they can make contact with monstrous creatures and the like.

Anyway I think this is a great fun list and would love to play with and against it.

Thanks. It really got my motivation going to start the painting process. As for the Corsairs, I love the  idea and might get to look into converting some into Warp Spiders since I'm in love with the Scourges and I think would fit rather nice.

Offline Dread

• Warlock
  • Voidraven, the stone skipping across the universe.
  • Armies: Eldar, DE, Harlis, Necrons,  sisters, Death guard
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2016, 12:33:00 AM »
Now this is my kinda list. You have all the bases covered from my point of view. The heavy hitters, the swift units for objective taking, the coverage units. Solid list.

Also look to Cav for advice, I have a great Corsair army now from his suggestions.

Get pics up soon.
"Burning thru the universe in search of peace only brings more war. Peace is an illusion, war is reality, that is the way of things"

Farseer Gol'Istria of    the Morea Nebula craftword

Offline Dageran

• Armies: Eldar Wraiths
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2017, 01:13:29 PM »
This is a really cool list idea!

As someone that's also been trying to build a footy wraith-list, I'd love to hear how the swooping hawks perform.

Having played some skinflint games at 1250, the wraith host really needs *something* in a take-all-comers to help it deal with high model count armies.

I've been debating between swooping hawks, or just running some dire avengers in the pale court, and adding in a few night spinners for Anti-horde.

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2017, 01:25:51 PM »
If you play armies with a lot of 4+ armor Swooping Hawks are ridiculously good. Avengers are very under-rated especially in multiple units in the Warhost... the automatic 6" run is phenomenal. Especially when you play with ruins where they can nip in and out of LOS blocking terrain
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/