News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: June news - Land Raider Crusader upgrade sprue  (Read 10901 times)

Offline tryanotherone - smurfernating

• SPAMMER: I swear I am not an ad-bot!
  • Pray hard - life is short!
June news - Land Raider Crusader upgrade sprue
« on: June 1, 2009, 05:57:03 AM »
Ok folks, you may have read the rumours from the spanish GD in the rumour mill but here are to pictures to go along. Some nice terrain LotR / WotR pieces and an obscenely huge 40k Space Marine army.

Ork battle

40k art

LotR pics

P.S. I forgot. The general opinion is that this year's GD was pretty lame. No new stuff (apart from the new hellhound kit) and little support.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 02:32:10 PM by tryanotherone »
Taking a very long break.

The Rumour Mill - bending the fabric of time and space

Remember Brimstone - legends live forever

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
Re: June news - pictures from the spanish GD 2009
« Reply #1 on: June 1, 2009, 10:12:50 AM »
Cool pictures, the art is quite cool. Personally, when I went to games day before I went to see people and get some games in and buy forge world stuff. I really didn't care at all about seeing new releases. If I were to go again, I would have the same attitude. I find calling the event lame because of a lack of sneak peeks kinda shallow. That may be just me though..
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #2 on: June 1, 2009, 10:38:19 AM »
Holy cow, that sexy SM army, is that a full chapter? It just has such a massive amount of transport and units lol.
Surprisinly it doesn't seem to have that many heavy support tanks.

Oh god, now you really make me feel bad about having only 22 raiders and 10 ravagers.

So in a few weeks/months people will ask me; why do you have 40 raiders?
My answer: well this tryanotherone guy keeps showing me these massive armies who make my army look tiny...

I bet if I didn't know you I would have been fine with owning 10 raiders lol

THose LOTR pictures are the best I've ever seen. I never was such a fan of those minis, but right now I'm just amazed!
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

« Reply #3 on: June 1, 2009, 10:59:58 AM »
Holy cow, that sexy SM army, is that a full chapter? It just has such a massive amount of transport and units lol.
Surprisinly it doesn't seem to have that many heavy support tanks.

Oh god, now you really make me feel bad about having only 22 raiders and 10 ravagers.

So in a few weeks/months people will ask me; why do you have 40 raiders?
My answer: well this tryanotherone guy keeps showing me these massive armies who make my army look tiny...

I bet if I didn't know you I would have been fine with owning 10 raiders lol

THose LOTR pictures are the best I've ever seen. I never was such a fan of those minis, but right now I'm just amazed!

I hope you don't blame me for your DE addiction. ;D

Perhaps we will see your Dark Eldar army on display of a future GD. Who knows?

Meanwhile, some fansboys shared their photobucket accounts full with pictures from said GD.

Please, no hot linking.

One

Two

Three
« Last Edit: June 1, 2009, 06:15:33 PM by tryanotherone »

Offline Khain Mor (/kharandhil)

• <3 huskblades
    • Dark Moon Kabal
« Reply #4 on: June 1, 2009, 03:42:05 PM »
Could be at the GD france in 2 years, I should be done painting everything by then.
I've asked to do an apoc game at my GW store when the new DE come out, who knows if it will be seen in the white dwarf or something...

I wonder what I should do to possibly get my army at a GD...in any case it does give a bit of a headache.
The Dark Moon Kabal ,possibly the biggest DE army ever!
over 20k and awesome, what more do you need to click? (last updated the 02/03/2012)

Nothing better than killing a thousand slaves to wake up in the morning.

Re: June news - Forgeworld newsletter and new FW goodness
« Reply #5 on: June 2, 2009, 01:59:12 PM »
drew25a posted the latest FW newsletter. Here it goes:

Imperial Vulture Gunship
The Imperial Vulture is a heavily armed multi-role low-level attack craft utilised by the Imperial Guard and Navy. Swift and deadly, the Vulture is a variant of the more common Valkyrie fuselage, which trades in the Valkyrie`s transport capacity in exchange for speed, manoeuvrability and the ability to carry a wide range of weapons. The Vulture`s payload can vary between tank-busting lascannon, rapid-firing rocket pods, the devastating short range power of punisher cannon and more.

Designed by Darren Parrwood, the Vulture is a complete model built using resin conversion parts and sprues from the new plastic Imperial Guard Valkyrie which you can see Here. The Vulture can be upgraded with alternate payloads from those included with the plastic kit by using our Imperial Navy Accessory sets (see below).

The Imperial Vulture Gunship is available to pre-order Now for release the week commencing the 22nd of June.

Imperial Vendetta Conversion Set
This new conversion set for the plastic Imperial Guard Valkyrie allows you to create the Vendetta, a powerful attack variant of the standard Valkyrie with devastating anti-tank firepower. Designed by Darren Parrwood, this conversion set features three twin-linked lascannon, one for each underwing position and one for the aircraft`s fuselage weapon mount, as well as a special sensor module as you can see Here.

The Vendetta Conversion Set is available to pre-order Now for release the week commencing the 22nd of June.

Updated Aircraft Accesory Sets
We have also updated our Imperial Aircraft Accessories so that can be used with the new plastic Games Workshop Valkyrie kit as well as the Forge World Imperial aircraft kits.

These updates sets comprise the following and are available for pre order Now for release on the 22nd of June.

MULTI-LASERS, FUEL TANKS, MISSILE LAUNCHERS, HEAVY BOMBS, HUNTER KILLER MISSILES, AUTOCANNON, LASCANNON and AIRCRAFT PUNISHER CANNONS

Forge World Catalogue 2009
The new Forge World 2009 catalogue is now available and contains all of our recent releases. If you would like a free copy of the catalogue, which we will send out at no cost to anywhere in the world, you can either send an email with your full name and address details to forgeworldcatreq@games-workshop.co.uk or give a ring on:
0115 916 8177 and we will take your address details and get you one sent out as soon as we can.
Imperial Aircraft Punisher Cannon Set
Designed by Darren Parrwood this new accessory set, which you can see Here, adds brutal firepower to Imperial Navy Flyers allowing them to scythe down enemy infantry and ravage light vehicle squadrons with equal ease.

Featuring a duel Punisher Cannon with ammunition feeds on wing mounts, this accessory set is available to pre-order Now for release the week commencing the 22nd of June.

New Plastic Flying Stand
The new Games Workshop Plastic Flying Stand is also now available to purchase separately from Forge World. This sturdy flying stand makes an excellent choice for basing most Forge World Flyers, particularly for games of Apocalypse, and is now already included in many of our model kits.

Upcoming Events
Forge World will be attending Games Day Canada on the 20th of June. Unfortunately the date for reservation orders has now past, but we will have an excellent selection of our stock at the show, including our new Games Day only model the Death Rider Commissar.

Forge World will be attending Games Day Chicago on the 25th of July. If you would like to place a reservation order for this show, your reservation should reach us by the 15th of June.

Forge World will be attending Games Day Germany on the 16th of August. If you would like to place a reservation order for this show, your reservation should reach us by the 10th of August.

I would also like to draw your attention to these neat upgrades :

New stuff

Offline The Black Dahlia Murder

• NRPH forever...
« Reply #6 on: June 2, 2009, 02:18:21 PM »
Doesn't FW already have Multi-lasers, fuel tanks, missle launchers, heavy bombs, autocannons and hellstrike rockets? Maybe they are just reminding us. Stinks that they don't have the door gunners anymore.

The Vulture is very nice and cheaper. I don't have to worry about those warped wings and tail booms anymore. Punisher cannon, I love it. That will be a swarm killing weapon. I will be using the Vendetta as an anti-tank plane for sure.

Offline Archon_Yggdrisil

• That....was METAL!
« Reply #7 on: June 2, 2009, 06:29:49 PM »
Doesn't FW already have Multi-lasers, fuel tanks, missle launchers, heavy bombs, autocannons and hellstrike rockets? Maybe they are just reminding us. Stinks that they don't have the door gunners anymore.

The Vulture is very nice and cheaper. I don't have to worry about those warped wings and tail booms anymore. Punisher cannon, I love it. That will be a swarm killing weapon. I will be using the Vendetta as an anti-tank plane for sure.

They modified them to fit the new Valkyrie.

Life is not measured by the moments in which we breath. Life is measured by the moments that take our breath away. -Carlin

Just a quick one.

Warhammer Historical site will get a new website. More in a couple of days.

http://www.warhammer-historical.com/

Re: June news - Spanish GD winning entries and Warhammer Historical
« Reply #9 on: June 6, 2009, 07:27:46 AM »
GW Spain has released pictures of this years winning entries.

On a side note: The WH Historical site has been updated and is running now.

P.P.S.

GW has released a skulls and bones bits package.

The price is set at about 9 Euros. The package will be mail order only.

Picture
« Last Edit: June 7, 2009, 05:43:30 AM by tryanotherone »

Re: June news - new GW brushes
« Reply #10 on: June 8, 2009, 04:00:45 PM »
For what it's worth ... GW has released a new set of brushes.The prices seem a bit hefty to me, though.

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m80324a_99199999037_CitadelBrushset_873x627.jpg

For those who are interested in the prices, look here: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/armySubUnitCats.jsp?catId=cat1210002&rootCatGameStyle=paints-tools

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #11 on: June 8, 2009, 04:18:17 PM »
The brushes looks magnificent with all the colour on them! I will need to buy the whole set!
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Kiarstill

• The Forgotten Heroes
« Reply #12 on: June 8, 2009, 04:56:17 PM »
I like the fact there's a net saving of $0.00 when buying the set over buying them individually.

Offline Powerslave

• "It's all part of the plan."
« Reply #13 on: June 8, 2009, 05:10:24 PM »
I would love to hear a review of those brushes as soon as they come out. Actually, maybe I will get them to see what they are like. I think a big problem for many painters out there is that the brushes that GW has been making in the last years have been of pretty poor quality, so is there much trust in the new range of brushes?

Well, one thing is good, the detail / wash / fine detail / standard brushes are Kolinsky, so that is something to be glad about. Though, personally, I doubt that I will ditch my Abteilung, Tamyia and Martre Kolinsky brushes for these. How do you guys feel about the release of these new brushes?
http://timeofending.blogspot.com/ - my blog
"The question isn't who is going to let me; it's who is going to stop me." - Ayn Rand
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=186984.0 - Black Water (Battle for Calvinus Prime)
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=170815.0 - The March of Iron - My Fluff, My Story
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=171063.0 - My Guide to Iron Warriors

Offline Lorizael

• GW Shill: Infinity Circuit: Synergistic Spotter of Numpties
  • Ancient
« Reply #14 on: June 9, 2009, 02:43:33 AM »

Offline Jehan-Reznor

• The Dude in Japan
« Reply #15 on: June 9, 2009, 05:11:45 AM »
yeay overpriced underquality brushes just what i need, Not!

but seriously the way i treat my brushes, cheaper is better for me
"this can't be happening, Man!"
my projects;
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=169427.0 budhhist space marines
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=163611.0 Doombringer my space marine chapter
http://www.40konline.com/community/index.php?topic=150109.0 Hello Kitty Space Marine Army

Offline Commander Riker

• 6 Inch Move
« Reply #16 on: June 9, 2009, 09:42:33 AM »
I think I'll stick to my W&N Series 7's, best brushes I've ever had, much better than any offering I've tried from GW.

Offline Dux Aurelius Elysius

• Lord Inquisitor Tempestus; Captain Buzzkill.
  • Ancient
  • A plea of innocence is guilty of wasting my time.
    • The Duke's Painting Table (my painting blog)
« Reply #17 on: June 9, 2009, 10:17:51 AM »
I think a big problem for many painters out there is that the brushes that GW has been making in the last years have been of pretty poor quality, so is there much trust in the new range of brushes?

How do you guys feel about the release of these new brushes?

yeay overpriced underquality brushes just what i need, Not!

To be honest the price of the GW brushes I really don't consider to be that steep.  At the same time, with proper care they'll last you just as well as any other brush.  W&NS7 is obviously going to be of higher quality, and much more expensive, but for a stock use brush for basecoating and a bit of edgelining/washes/glazing GW brushes really are fine.

These new ones just look like a repackaging of the old, excluding perhaps the stippling brush which I'll buy to check out (looks like sponge?).  But the more people wax lyrical about the so-say terrible quality of GW brushes makes me wonder if you guys have actually used a genuinely bad brush.
I carry with me an Inquisitorial Seal. It is a small, unassuming object contained in a neat box of Pluvian obsidian. It is a modest thing. Relatively plain, adorned with a single motif and a simple motto. Yet with this little object I can sign the death warrant of an entire world and consign a billion souls to Oblivion.

Offline Damnation

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #18 on: June 9, 2009, 11:59:42 AM »
I wonder what's the deal with the different colours at the end of each brush. Only an idiot would store his brushes bristle-down.

Offline Colonel Shofer

• Somniorum messores: LPDF
« Reply #19 on: June 9, 2009, 01:39:57 PM »
Apparently, they are Kolinksy Sable (plus a few nylons and sable/nylon mixes), rebadged.

That is what my local GW manager told me and he is sound.

CS
Laurentix Planetary Defence Force (LPDF)

'Resolve'
In Support of Our Brothers and Sisters

Somniorum messores:LPDF