News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: battleforce loadout help  (Read 626 times)

Offline FrozenAmethyst

• at least we're still alive, eh?
  • Armies: eldar, Space wolves, Orks
battleforce loadout help
« on: October 24, 2014, 12:30:23 PM »
so a friend has just got me the Eldar battleforce and i need to know what loadout you would give the units inside. For anyone unaware it contains:

5 dire avengers
10 guardians
1 wave serpent
1 vyper

thanks you in advance for the help, will post picture as i get them done
bad 40k advice: Actually destroy models when they are removed from play.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
Re: battleforce loadout help
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2014, 12:47:25 PM »
The answer to that would depend on whether they're going to become part of a more substantial army, and what sort of units your friend might be thinking of adding.  It's a bit hard to give advice in isolation, although, in most Eldar army lists, you cannot go wrong with Scatter Lasers.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline FrozenAmethyst

• at least we're still alive, eh?
  • Armies: eldar, Space wolves, Orks
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2014, 12:52:04 PM »
i plan to add them to my main army for now. I already have 5 dire avengers, 10 guardians, a fire prism and farseer. My main enemy when playing will be my friends tau, but he may also use space marines from time to time.
bad 40k advice: Actually destroy models when they are removed from play.

Offline pringles978

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2014, 12:59:41 PM »
Im far from an expert in Eldar armies, but I would suggest getting some magnets so you can swap out the guns as you need to. Try them all out and see how you feel. Most of the advice I have seen is to go with either scatter lasers or bright lances though.

If all else fails, just go with the rule of cool... If you like it, take it. Cant go wrong with that.

Offline Sarenyon

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2014, 01:33:36 PM »
Most believe that the Scatter Laser, Shuri-Cannon load out is the best for Serpents, but You may wish to use Bright Lances... so it is best to invest in some mini magnets and magnetize your loadouts. I wish I had with my EML WS that I was using for 4th and 5th ed.

Keep the DAs plain.

Magnetize the weapons platform for the Guardians. You never know if you will want them cheap, AP2, lots o shots, or tank hunter shots, so best to keep all those options open.