News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Toronto Area!!  (Read 7245 times)

Offline Satanic Joker Jester

• Armies: Eldar
Toronto Area!!
« on: May 15, 2005, 11:31:18 PM »
hey all, just wondering who here is in the TO area, and brampton sauga etc, just leave ur location, i live inbrampton, near mayfield high school  ;D

Using ALL-CAPS is like shouting online, and quite rude.
Topic edited.
Have a nice day.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2005, 03:13:16 PM by Rasmus »
another day, just breathe.

Looking for a new army project...
Eldar         Necrons
6-0-1       4-1-1

Possible, that it could all be wonderful~
Sweet the sound, as all the stars come crashing down~

Offline ArchonSildarax

• Watching from shadows...
    • Welcome to the Shadows
Re: TORONTO AREA!!!
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 02:16:50 PM »
I'm Toronto, but on the opposite side, in Ajax.  We have a group of six regulars out this way from around this area that get together at a buddies place, where he has two collapsible 4x6 tables...

Not a bad arrangement.  :)

A.S.
Happiness is like wetting yourself...everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Re: Toronto Area!!
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2005, 10:04:12 PM »
blarghghg, lucky, lol, i jsut go to th store on tuesdays and play their. . .my only actual friend that plays warhammer stopped >:( , but im sorta friends with the guys at the store, but they aren't what you would call. . .sane?  iunno, i dont fit the type of person who plays warhammer. . .see im a gino 8) , go clubbin, listen to techno etc, party it up and everythin, and i play warhammer,  ;D  , so tough to get have games with good friends, lol and most of the ppl at the store are a bit too odd. . .VERY WEIRD PEOPLE THEIR!!!!!

Eldar         Necrons
6-0-1       4-1-1

Offline Monoglycer

• Supa-Mekboy!
  • Ancient
  • Hard work pays off later but laziness pays off NOW
    • Eldaronline
Re: TORONTO AREA!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2005, 09:30:15 PM »
I'm Toronto, but on the opposite side, in Ajax.  We have a group of six regulars out this way from around this area that get together at a buddies place, where he has two collapsible 4x6 tables...

Not a bad arrangement.  :)

A.S.
Ajax? I am just in Whitby.,..interesting and i know roughly 10 others whom play around my area.

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2005, 12:59:44 PM »
what would u guys say to meeting up one day somewhere, say maybe at eaton center or such, the GW store their holds games on certain days i think, not sure haven't been their in AGES,  ( or maybe its square one, i forget which mall) but i'd like to see ur armies and etc, we could organize it for one day

Eldar         Necrons
6-0-1       4-1-1

Offline ArchonSildarax

• Welcome to the Shadows
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2005, 09:13:43 AM »
It would take some planning, since it would have to be a day when my wife wasn't working, so she could take care of our daughter and I could have the car to truck around my Dark Eldar...

Grey Matter... really?  I have a local group I play with of about 6-7 people... which probably aren't in your list of knowns.  I had to go all the way out to Ottawa for the CanGames tournament this past weekend to meet another player from Ajax.

It always seems that Durham is well represented, but we just don't know about each other...  :)

A.S.
Happiness is like wetting yourself...everyone can see it, but only you can feel its warmth.

Offline Monoglycer

• Supa-Mekboy!
  • Ancient
    • Eldaronline
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2005, 11:16:15 PM »
Indeed, might i suggest something at gamesday if any of you are attending?

Offline ArchonSildarax

• Welcome to the Shadows
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 08:36:00 AM »
When and where is it?

CanGames was my tournament and it was very lax.  I have a handful of unpainted models, but CanGames didn't care.  None of my models are based...

I think I'm a long ways off from being ready for a GW tourney in terms of my army's appearance. :(

A.S.

Offline Monoglycer

• Supa-Mekboy!
  • Ancient
    • Eldaronline
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 04:01:08 PM »
Its not a tourney unless you want to pay extra. Its just a day where you go to a convention center and GW will have lots of tables set up with their own models. So in other words you don't have to bring an army unless you want to dos oem open gaming.

Its usually in august and in the metro toronto convention center(we in 2004 it was)

Offline ArchonSildarax

• Welcome to the Shadows
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2005, 08:55:57 AM »
If there's no requirements in terms of model appearance and basing, then quite possibly I'd show up with my Kabal for some good ol' Bring and Battle action.  :)

Of course, if you're in Whitby, there's no saying you couldn't come by my buddy's place on a given Sunday for a game...  We try to get together every second Sunday or so for a game or two... he has two collapsible 4x6 tables in his living room...

Plus another guy I know has a 4x8 table in his basement... free spots to play... just add terrain.  :)

A.S.

Offline Monoglycer

• Supa-Mekboy!
  • Ancient
    • Eldaronline
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 07:06:43 PM »
Thats true, but i have to wait for time to free up first sadly.

Offline ArchonSildarax

• Welcome to the Shadows
« Reply #11 on: September 8, 2005, 01:36:42 PM »
Monoglycer and anyone on the East side of Toronto...  I own a house now.  I'm no longer in Ajax, but Oshawa.

Not only that, but now we no longer game at my buddy's place but mine, since he no longer has space, but I do.  I have two decent sized tables I can set up for games.

With a little careful planning anyways...

A.S.

Offline mikeg542

• WAAAAAAAAAGH!
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2005, 11:34:20 PM »
Well, i live right in the mid town of toronto about equidistant from all the GW stores, so if anyone would like an opponent....:P

Offline Freshmaker

« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2005, 09:36:38 AM »
I live in Thornhill.  If any of you guys want to have a game at the Eaton Centre, let me know, I'll try and make it.

Have any of you guys been to the Vauhan Mills location?

Offline franky

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #14 on: October 23, 2005, 12:01:13 PM »
I live in the London area.. which is about 2.5 hours south of Toronto.

Offline Freshmaker

« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2005, 05:15:10 PM »
Is there a GW in london?  I remember there was a nice independent store last time I was there.

Offline franky

• I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2005, 11:11:13 PM »
Yup, there is a GW shop in london (in white oakes mall specifically) but there are also quite a few independent stores around too.

Offline Monoglycer

• Supa-Mekboy!
  • Ancient
    • Eldaronline
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 11:42:09 AM »
Monoglycer and anyone on the East side of Toronto...  I own a house now.  I'm no longer in Ajax, but Oshawa.

Not only that, but now we no longer game at my buddy's place but mine, since he no longer has space, but I do.  I have two decent sized tables I can set up for games.

With a little careful planning anyways...

A.S.
Alright thats good, we can set up a game summer time or christmas time since i am at university in hamilton right now.

Offline Freshmaker

« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 10:33:16 PM »
Are there any GW's or good gaming spots in Guelph???  I might be going to university there next year.  If not, probably Ryerson, which is closer to home.

Offline red120

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2005, 05:15:37 AM »
I live in Thornhill.  If any of you guys want to have a game at the Eaton Centre, let me know, I'll try and make it.

Have any of you guys been to the Vauhan Mills location?
Yes, I've been to the Vaughan Mills location, I'm from around Times Square (Leslie & Highway 7)

Friendly, normal staff.. good guys.

VM is a bit out of the way for me, though.

Been looking for independant places that may be closer lately; also, does anyone know which days STC/Fairview plays 40k and WFB?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2005, 05:29:23 AM by red120 »