News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: First List in 6 months :(  (Read 3036 times)

Offline Shas'La robo

• For the Greater GOOD!!... and the Emperor
  • Armies: Imperial Guard, Tau
First List in 6 months :(
« on: November 12, 2013, 05:18:16 AM »
1750 points

HQ
Commander: 152 Obviously works with marker drones lighting up for Longstrike/Piranhas/fire warriors etc.
- 2 Missile pods, Drone controller, Target lock, 2 Marker drones
Commander: 140 Works with big squad of suits to kill stuff
- Flamer, Multi-spectrum sensor suit, Command and control node, Puretide engram neurochip

ELITES
Crises team: 165 Kills stuff with the help of support commander
- Missile pod, Plasma rifle
Crises team: 60 Tries to kill a tank/warlord/other high priority target
- Twin Fusion blaster, Fusion blaster

TROOPS
11 Fire warriors: 204 Fish of Fury
- Shas'ui, Devilfish, Disruption pod
10 Fire warriors: 195 Fish of Fury
10 Fire warriors: 195 Fish of Fury
10 Kroot: 75 Infiltrate/Outflank shenanigans, possibly home objective holder
- Sniper rounds, 1 Hound

FAST ATTACK
Sunshark bomber: 168 Main Anti-flyer, helps with anti-infantry afterwards
- Decoy Launchers, Twin-linked Missile pod
3 Piranhas: 150 Kills tanks, and drones disembark for harassment
- Fusion blaster x3
4 Marker drone: 56 Marks stuff for big guns to kill with commander

HEAVY SUPPORT
Hammerhead: 190 Kills everything thanks to markerlights + submuntion
- Railgun, Submunition, Disruption pod, Longstrike

Any and all advice/critique welcome

robo
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 10:46:59 PM by Shas'La robo »
hug cover, shoot the big ones, and cripple the fast ones. if those cant be achieved, kill em all.  8)

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
Re: First List in 6 months :(
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 09:45:59 AM »
First, a points total would help.

Your list reminds me a lot of mine so I don't have too much to say about it then, "Yeah! That works!"

The few things I would tweek though.

Kroot.  4 out of 6 games you're going to have a home objective.  I'm not sure if entrusting that task to kroot is the best idea.  My suggestion to either have more kroot to hold it with sniper rounds, or you could keep the big firewarrior squad there to hold it and let the kroot have the devil fish!

Leadership; 2/3 of your models have leadership of 7.  You either need to bring in Shas'ui and a Shaper or drop a commander for an ethereal.  I don't think an army is going to do well when runs away faster then guardsmen.

Piranhas; I'm not sure that disruption pods are a good investment on these guys.  I've never played them myself, so I can't say for sure.  However making the each model 30% more expensive for a simple +1 bonus doesn't seem like a good idea to me.  For the price you're paying now you're 5 points away from taking another one!

That's all for now!
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline Wyddr

• Author Eminence: Hereticus Liber Daemonica | Fio'shas Shi
  • Lazerous Penguin
    • My blog about SF/F stuff
  • Armies: Daemons, Imperial Fists, Tau, Ksons, Vostroyans
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 03:43:49 PM »
I would agree with Hallolet about the Disruption Pods on Piranha. As somebody who uses them extensively, I can tell you that the extra investment isn't worth it--they are going to die, and you ought to get used to the idea if you plan on using them. The Disruption Pod won't save them and it's way too expensive.

I've found Kroot work reasonably well as home-objective holders primarily because the rest of your army should be hitting the enemy so hard that they don't have time to bother with the little buggers and, if they do, they just go to ground. I don't think they need the hound (their outflanking ability is reliable enough and the hound doesn't add any other benefit, really). What I'd do is drop the D-pods from the Piranha and the hound. Buy the Kroot Sniper Ammo (worth it if you ever run into big monsters) and with the remaining points go ahead and buy yourself some Shas'ui and then some other upgrade somewhere. Maybe a second flamer on the Support commander?

Offline Shas'La robo

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2013, 10:15:21 PM »
Ok so dropped the Disruption pods on piranhas and added 3 shas'uis, sniper rounds to the kroot and a flamer to the fusion suit.

I  would've taken a fourth piranha if i had the model for it :(

robo
hug cover, shoot the big ones, and cripple the fast ones. if those cant be achieved, kill em all.  8)

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2013, 10:26:28 PM »
When's the game as I'm very interested in how Longstrike and the Sunshark perform. The former as I just plain like him and the latter as I can't see myself fielding one anytime soon.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Shas'La robo

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2013, 03:55:53 AM »
Game should be in the next couple of games.

Longstrike has been good to me in all of my games in 6th. Reliably kills a tank every 2-3 turns or a couple of duders per turn. Although I am mainly playing vs IG so his special rules really help.
Interested to hear if anyone has played him with the ion cannon, might be interesting as a light vehicle killer.

Only recently finished building the Sunshark (took ~5 months... shameful I know :( ), so I'm interested in how it plays as well. The seekers+markerlight should be helpful.

robo

Offline Halollet

• My halo grew a mullet...
  • Armies: Grey Knights, Guard, Sisters, Tau, & Tyranids
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2013, 09:25:47 AM »
Crises team: 60 Tries to kill a tank/warlord/other high priority target
- Fusion blaster, Fusion blaster, Flamer
Dude, I'm telling you from experience that you need to TL one of those Fusion Blasters instead of the flamer.  I did something similar and I regretted it.  You need to make sure those shots count because he's dying the next turn.  With this build, you'll most likely only hit with one of them and then if that one armour pen roll is bad, then that's it.  Especially if you're going after landraiders, which you should be with this guy.

Interested to hear if anyone has played him with the ion cannon, might be interesting as a light vehicle killer.

N-n-n-n-n-n-n-o.  Its best job is to remove whole units of Marines from the table every turn.  This is easily done with markerlights.

I use my ion head to pave the way for my outflanking kroot so they can run on to my opponent's objective through a sea of chunky salsa that used to be the opposing army.  It works really well!
One sure mark of a fool is to dismiss anything that falls outside of his experience as being impossible.

Offline The GrimSqueaker

• The Badger on the Road | Staff Infection Officer | Debased Vassal Slayer | Title Barfly | XOXOXO Gossip Girl | Bent Over
  • Global Moderator
  • From the Fourth Necromantic House
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2013, 10:19:43 PM »
Longstrike as a tank commander is very appealing and the local circuit has been labeling him as a Romm'el out of respect.
Quote from: @TracyAuGoGO
Tact is for people who are too slow witted to be sarcastic.
Drink
Knights Tippler
Quote from: Surviving the World
If you can't make fun of something, it's probably not worth taking seriously.

You have to love the smell of science in the morning. It smells of learning.... or perhaps a gas leak.

Offline Shas'La robo

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2013, 02:14:44 AM »
Won 8-5 in kill points.

Longstrike exploded 3 Leman Russ's (with the Markerlights removing cover saves) and killed ~8 guardsmen over 6 turns.

Due to the initiative being seized I lost the support commander (warlord) and squad of suits first turn... Stupid mistake on my part.

Sunshark bomber didn't really do much, didn't come on until turn 4 :( Only killed around 5 guardsmen.

robo

Offline Plastikente

• Back Online!
  • Armies: Craftworld Eldar, Dark Eldar, Tau
« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2013, 07:35:04 AM »
I won't leave home without Longstrike - he's just too good at what he does. Even when the dice aren't on my side, I've never had a game where he didn't take out at least one enemy vehicle.

As for the Sunshark, mine is almost painted, so I should get him on the table next week. I'll post my experiences in this thread when I've tried it out.