News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Age of Sigmar Gaming Blog  (Read 13143 times)

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
Re: Age of Sigmar Getting Started league report
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2018, 01:46:37 PM »
Nicely done Killersquid!  Congrats on tearing those Stormies a new one!  ;D

Have you played many games against the sancrosant chamber Stormcast?  I’m quite probably going to get the starter box ones and I’d love to know how they perform.

I'm actually looking to the same ;D, so am also interested in that answer as well. I hear that they are quite potent on the battlefield though, but that's only what I've heard. Also the models look amazing, I like all of the added dynamic poses and extra details :).
JohnMaloneBooks website - Blog #3 - From Novella to Novel

- 5/5 Reader's Favorite Review!

A Sanctum of Swords: Embers Edition is coming soon w/ audiobook!

Offline Calamity

• Concussor Concussed Dice | Captain
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Cocking up miniatures since 1998
  • Armies: Kharadron Overlords, Bloodbound, Celestial Lions
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2018, 02:01:47 PM »
So very true!  And I like the amount of female models the set includes.  Diversity and all that.  But I do like how solid and reliable they seem.  Could be my future go to tournament army!  ;D

How do you find Clan Skype?

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2018, 02:16:42 PM »
So very true!  And I like the amount of female models the set includes.  Diversity and all that.  But I do like how solid and reliable they seem.  Could be my future go to tournament army!  ;D

You asking me or the Squid ;D? I think they're a really fun and thematic army. Skyre has come up on my list of beginning armies when I was still thinking about getting into Age of Sigmar. Then the Aelves arrived ;). I don't like that some of their range is still in metal, but that just makes me wish even harder for Skaven to get the new release / battletome treatment.

Also, Stormfiends are so cool, just wish their was a normal Rat Ogre variant for them. Also wish that Thanquol and Bone Ripper were easier to use with them, since the models seem to mesh well together ;D. Also, Warp Lightning Cannons and Doomwheels ;). Though the one Doomwheel that I saw in my first game of AoS did absolutely nothing, hah. Got charged by some zombies and was eventually dragged down by sheer weight of numbers. Not that it killed many zombies in the process :P. I'll have to see that unit in action a bit more though, to be fair.

Offline Lord of Winter and War

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
  • Armies: Harlequins, Spiderfang, Bonereapers, Space Wolves
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2018, 07:50:14 PM »
Nicely done Killersquid!  Congrats on tearing those Stormies a new one!  ;D

Have you played many games against the sancrosant chamber Stormcast?  I’m quite probably going to get the starter box ones and I’d love to know how they perform.

Well, the Bravery One British Open, was won with an almost entirely Sacrosant army. I think the units are fantastic. Sequtors are a phenominal battleline, and Evocators are a very strong unit as well. The Castigators I'm not sold on, but everything else is fantastic.

My buddy Mike, plays mostly Sacrosant units, and a Stardrake.

You asking me or the Squid ;D? I think they're a really fun and thematic army. Skyre has come up on my list of beginning armies when I was still thinking about getting into Age of Sigmar. Then the Aelves arrived ;). I don't like that some of their range is still in metal, but that just makes me wish even harder for Skaven to get the new release / battletome treatment.

Also, Stormfiends are so cool, just wish their was a normal Rat Ogre variant for them. Also wish that Thanquol and Bone Ripper were easier to use with them, since the models seem to mesh well together ;D. Also, Warp Lightning Cannons and Doomwheels ;). Though the one Doomwheel that I saw in my first game of AoS did absolutely nothing, hah. Got charged by some zombies and was eventually dragged down by sheer weight of numbers. Not that it killed many zombies in the process :P. I'll have to see that unit in action a bit more though, to be fair.

Thanqual is quite good, he is great in a general Skaven army, as he gives out a feel-no-pain save to Skaven units as his command ability. Also, give him warpfire throwers, and skitterleap him with a Verminlord Deceiver, and you'll probably kill any model in the game with the resulting carnage.

Doomwheels are, sadly, fairly mediocre. Their best weapon is their gun.

Skyre is a bit Gimmicky. They do a ton of mortal wounds, but a lot of the weapons are very random, and can often backfire on you. Also, they are very expensive, so you end up with a low model count army. But, mortal wounds are very very good, so that can often make up for those weaknesses. I mitigate the armies issues a bit further by taking the Verminlord Warpseer, who can summon a free unit of 3d6 rats for a command point, and (given enough command points), can do that multiple times a turn. Instant chaff screen.

I find too, that the army has trouble getting across the board to my opponents territory to steal objectives. I hope my Tunneling Stormfiends can help with that, unless they spend the whole game lost in the Gnawholes lol.

Today I had my first matched play game with my Capital City Bloodbath list (tournament in Ottawa next weekend).

I played a game with Alex, a local at the Warhammer store in town. He brought his Stormcast Eternals, with allied Sylvaneth.

My list
Clan Skyre, from Realm of Light
Verminlord Warpseer (allied)
Arch Warlock (with Aetherquartz Broach, and Cunning Creature command trait. General)
Warlock Engineer (with Vigerdust Injector)
Warlock Engineer
Stormfiends x3 w/x2 ratling gns, x1 grinderfist
Stormfiends x3 w/Shock Gauntlet, Doomflayer Gauntlet, and warpfire throwers.
Skyre Acolytes x5
Skyre Acolytes x5
Plague Wind Mortar
Warp Lightning Cannon
Warp Lightning Cannon
Clan Skyre Battion, with Arkspark Voltk, and Gascloud Chokelung
Endless Spells
Soulsnare Shackles
Quicksilver Swords
Malign Maelstrom

Alex’s List

Lord Celestant on Dracoth
Lord Relictor
Celestant Prime
Vanguard-Raptors With Hurricane Crossbows
Two units of 5 Liberators
Unit of 5 Retributors
X3 Aetherwings
X2 Fulminators
Kurnoth Hunters, with bows (allied)
Dryads x20 (allied)

The Relocating Orb is single objective mission, where you score at the end of your turn. If you went first in the battleround, you get 1vp, if you go second in a battleround, you get 3vp. Also, the objective moves at the end of each battleround.

You score the objective by having the most models within 6” of the objective. Heros with Artifacts, and/or Wizards count as 20 models if within 3”.

So, I kept my shooty Stormfiend squad in tunneling, with it’s grinderfists. He kept the Celestant Prime, Liberators and Retributors in Azyr.

BR1
Skyre
I tunneled up my stormfiends onto the Orb, shooting from the stormfiends and one of the cannons dropped a Kurnoth Hunter to 1 wound. Not a great first turn. Lol.

Stormcast
He dropped in everything but the Celestant Prime. Retributors, and Dryads charged my shooty Stormfiends, leaving one Stormfiend left with a single wound. A unit of Liberators charge one of my cannons, and destroy it. His Dryads hold the objective.

Skyre 1vp, Stormcast 3vp
The orb moved 6” north
BR2
He won the roll to go first, and took it. Uh oh! Not looking good for the Ratties!

Stormcast
The celestant Prime Dropped in, near where my cannon used to stand. Thankfully, most of his units were still engaged with some of my units, and couldn’t move. He finished off the Stormfiend unit, one of my Warlock Engineers, and one squad of Acolytes.
Skyre

Alright, I took a pretty big hit. I’ve not done any damage to his army yet, and I had lost a unit of Stormfiends, a cannon, a Warlock and a unit of Acolytes. Over 600pts already dead. Yikes!
My three biggest issues were,
1)   Clearing the Dryads off the Orb
2)   Taking out the Retributors
3)   Taking out the Celestant Prime.

I Summon the Soulsnare Shackles,  to guard my left flank. Hopfully slow down his calvary, Retributors and Celestant Prime, depending how well my army preforms this turn.
Spells and Shooting go off, and all the Retributors, and the Liberator squad on my left flank evaporate. Verminlord charges the Liberators to my North, also claiming the Orb, while the Stormfiends with the melee tools go into the Dryads. The Dryads Evaporate, due to a combination of the Stormfiends being team players, and his battleshock test. The Verminlord Kills a liberator, but he’s not much of a fighter.
Skyre 4vp, Stormcast 4vp
Orb moves a bit South.
BR3
I win the roll for choosing battleround. I wanted to go second, so I could get more VP’s, but I needed to thin down his power, after the kicking I took from his double turn.
Skyre
At this point, I run out of Giant Rats. I have four units summoned, which I used to bubblewrap my left flank.
I summon the Quicksilver Swords, and send them after his Kurnoth Hunters, as I need to thin them down. The Swords stab out four mortal wounds.
In  shooting, my Warlock Engineer gives an experimental bomb to the Mortar team, which does 5 mortal wounds to the Celestant Prime, the Warplighting Cannon deals an additional 6, killing the Wielder of Ghal Marhaz. The Stormfiends, charge into the Fulminators, killing one, and almost the second.

Stormcast
Alex, is a bit on the backfoot now. He easly dispatches my Stormfiends with his Kurnoth Hunters and Vanguard-Raptors shooting, but he cannot get to the objective.

Skyre 5vp, Stormcast 4vp

The Orb moves west a bit.
BR4
Alex wins the Roll, but gives me the first turn.
He moves The Quicksilver Swords back towards my Verminlord, and does a mortal wound to my Daemon. :P hurt by my own spell. Also, the Soulsnare Shackles eat a giant rat, and three Skyre Acolytes lol.
Skyre
I unsummon the Quicksilver Swords, and otherwise try to clog the objective with Giant Rats.

Stormcast
The Vangard Hunters single-handedly kills my unit of 11 rats, and the Lord Relictor manages to charge onto the orb, while going for other rats.
Skyre 6vp Stormcast 7vp
The orb floats east.
BR5
He takes the first turn, thinking it might be his last chance to claim the Orb

Stormcast
The Kurnoth Hunters quickly put down my last Warlock,  while e puts the Lord-Relictor on the orb, and the Celestant Prime charges his Dracoth into the Verminlord. Due to some key save rolls, the Verminlord is only dropped to 4 wounds.
Skyre
Through a combination of Spells, and summoning the Quicksilver Swords, the Lord Celestant is killed. I have two wizards on the orb, claiming it.
End of game
Skyre 9vp, Stormcast 8vp.

Alex is still working on painting his army, but it’s already a well painted and beautiful force, so it was a pleasure to play against. I didn’t deploy, or move, well enough to anticipate his Deepstriking units. Him having two turns in a row didn’t help, but a lot of the damage he delt could have been mitigated  better. I probably should have castled up more, and used the giant rats to create better buffers. Letting a cannon get charged,  was a huge mistake. Thankfully, I have a lot of mortal wounds, so the tough stormcasts armour saves are not something I really care about lol.

I’m surprised I was able to turn around the game as well as I did. I was almost thinking of conceding after his second turn. But, in Age of Sigmar, you can get your teeth kicked in and still claw back victory with a bit of skill and luck!

Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Online Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2018, 05:20:22 AM »
That was a very close game.  Congratulations on your victory.  It really does emphasise just how important it is to stay focused on the objective(s) in Age of Sigmar games and keep pressing on, even when having lost a lot of models early on.

I did thing that your Skaven were going to lose after taking a pounding in the opening two turns, but the number of mortal wounds that your army dishes out is quite scary.  It's this that brought you back into contention.  I think that your target priority was also good, so well played on that front as well.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

• The Cause of Diabetes -Captain- Necrontyr Immortal - KoN Veteran - Master of All Diplomacy | Wi-Fi Nomad |
  • Ancient
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2018, 11:29:48 AM »
Thanks!

Yeah, the mortal wound output can be gross, especially with some good Rolls. The cannons are great for one-shotting enemy heros, and I can cast six spells a turn with my four wizards, most of which do mortal wounds.

The biggest issue I'm finding is with hordes, who don't care about mortal wounds.
Harlequin Army Blog

That's not blatant, this is blatant: I'm super happy that I'm playing Austria, the greatest nation in all of Diplomacy!

Azore of Austria

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2018, 01:49:21 PM »
Thanks for all the great updates KS. I really look forward to reading this thread; it reminds me a little of how much I enjoyed reading Underhand's Necromunda thread in that I learn quite a bit from your reports, yet you also manage to inject a bit of humour which helps really draw you in. Great stuff!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

• Ancient
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2018, 02:07:49 PM »
Thanks for all the great updates KS. I really look forward to reading this thread; it reminds me a little of how much I enjoyed reading Underhand's Necromunda thread in that I learn quite a bit from your reports, yet you also manage to inject a bit of humour which helps really draw you in. Great stuff!

Thanks! I'm glad folks get something out of it! I had another game against my buddies Bonesplittas last night at his place, so I'll write up that report after work today.

After that, I might not get in many more games before Capital City Bloodbath this weekend. How well I do there might depend equally on what matchups I have, and how much I have to drink during the event.

Some of the folks have been submitting lists already. Out of 42 players, there are already three Blades or Khorne players. (one with two bloodthirsters), a Brayherds army,and two armies of spooky ghosts (one with two units of 15 hexwraiths lol).

Looks like some very interesting armies. I hope to fight the bloodthirsters list, as it'd tear him apart ha ha.

If there is anything in particular you folks want me to report on from the event, let me know. There is also a 110 player 40k tournament happening too, but who cares about that  ;)

Post Merge: August 14, 2018, 08:14:32 PM
In the future, please use the modify button. Double posting is against the forum rules, and for that reason, the system merged your posts.

Last night, went over to my buddy Mike’s place, to play a game against his Bonesplitta’s. He wanted to give me a tough match-up for my upcoming tournament, and Bonesplitta’s are one of the Boogymen of Age of Sigmar, but a bit less so in the 2018 Handbook, with some price changes to reduce their amount of craziness.
For those who don’t know, it’s all based on the combination of the Kunnin’ Ruk battalion, and the Savage ork Warboss. Basically, he can have a unit of 30 Orruks with boys shoot 180 shots a turn, with 6’s to hit, creating more attacks.
Also, Boarboy Maniak’s Pile-in and attack twice each combat phase.
So, yeah, This’ll be interesting.

I used the same list from my previous game.

Mike took
Wurrgog Prophet
Savage Big Boss
Maniak Weirdnob
Wardokk
Savage Orruk Arrowboys (30 Orrucks)
Savage Orruks (10)
Savage Boarboy Maniaks (x10)
Savage Boarboy Maniaks (x5)
Savage Big Stabbas (2)
Savage Big Stabbas (2)
Allied Rockgut Troggoths (3)
Kunnin’ Rok Warscroll Battalion

So, the Mission we rolled was Places of Arcane Power. This is a reboot of the old Places of Power mission from Handbook 2016, where only hero’s can hold objectives, which are in the middle of the table. The catch is, only heros with Artifacts, and/or Wizards can hold objectives. Hilariously enough, for both of us that included all our heroes.

So, in missions like this, where there are three objectives with progressive scoring, it’s often good strategy to fight over the middle objective and one other objective. Trying to go for all three, is often a good way to spread yourself too thin.

So, I clustered my deployment in the middle of the table, and to go towards the western objective. He deployed exactly to counter mine (as I am a two drop army, he can drop pretty much all his units after me).
The eastern objective was pretty much alone on its own.

BR1

Bonesplitta
I chose to give Mike the first turn. He tried to cast Hand of Gork on his unit of 10 Boarboys (which would let them double their move and fly), but the Veminlord Veto’s that nonsense. He then advances his army forwards, and plugs his Maniak Weirdnob, 5 man Boarboys unit, and the Troggoth’s around the middle objective.

Skyre

So, my hero phase, like usual is full of all the usual shenanigans I have. My Arkh Spark Warlock shouts a command to one of my Warp Lighting Cannons, and it bampfs 6 mortal wounds into the Maniak Weirdnob, who promptly disappears in a puff of green smoke. I also summon two unit of Giant Rats with both my command points, in order to start surrounding my cannons. I also Summon the Soulsnare Shackles to protect my left flank, and the Maeflic Maelstrom to help dispel any magic he casts. The Arch Warlock injects the Stormfiends with the Vigordust Injector. Verminlord cast Warpgale on the 10 man boarboys squad, so they can’t advance and halve their charges.
So, I just move my units forward. Verminlord pounces on the center objective, warplighting Cannons kill his Wardokk, and does some wounds to his Bigstabba’s (one wound, can’t win them all). My tunneling shooty stormfiends get lost, and decide not to show up.
Melee stormfiends charge his 5 man boarboys squad, and just evaporates them.
So, whenever it dispels a spell, or a unit dies within 6”, the Maelific Maelstrom gets a power point. At the end of each turn, you roll a die and add the power level. On a 7+, it explodes. So, the Boarboys die, and the Maelstrom promptly explodes 14”, dealing d3 mortal wounds to everything in range. So, pretty much all the units on the board ha ha.

Skyre 1vp - Bonesplitta’s 1vp

BR2

Bonesplitta’s go first this battleround. In the hero phase, the Arrowboys fire 90 shots into my verminlord. Thankfully, his orb lets him see the future, so he’s only dropped to 5 wounds ☹

The Wurrgog Prophet casts hand of gork on the Boarboys Maniaks, who move 20” towards my lines. The Arrow boys move up as well, and shoot again. They drop the Verminlord to one wound, and kill one of my cannons. He Also dispelled the Shackles.
For assault, the Boarboys charge my Giant Rats, Verminlord and the Gascloud Warlorck. A unit of Big Stabba’s charge the rats on my left, and the other Big Stabbas and Troggoths charge my Stormfiends.
So, it turns out that Troggoths are hard to kill, but thankfully, so are my stormfiends! The Verminlord took down three boarboys before he dropped, but the Warlock Engineer just died like a punk. The BigStabbas on my left, unsurprisingly killed 9 giant rats.

But, he has no heros on objectives! Yay!

So, loosing two of my wizards, strongly effects how deadly my hero phase can be. Unfortunatly I don’t really accomplish too much. My shooting and magic mostly go into trying to kill the Big Stabba’s on my left, and it takes an inordinately high amount of firepower to do so.
My Arch Warlock charges the Savage Orrucks, to control that objective. My tunneling Stormfiends are still trying to find their way to the battlefield (idiots). On brighter news, the Mortar does 7 wounds to the Arrow boys, killing three.
So, Arch Warlock goes in, eats a bad warpstone spark and suffers 3 mortal wounds, and takes another  wound from the Orruck Spears. Ouch, not going too well so far, but the Stormfiends finish off the Big stabba’s, and drop the last Troggoth to one wound, but the Big-Stabbas literally death throw, finishes off the stormfiends.

Skyre 2vp – Bonesplitta 1vp

So, I win the roll to go first, and I take it. I needs it!

The Arch Warlock summons the quicksilver swords, which stab-stab the Troggoth (but can’t kill it), I also cast spells and shoot into the boarboys (with no noticeable effect). The Warp Lighting Cannon tries to shoot into the Wurrgog Prophet, but only does a couple of wounds. Stormfiends drop in, and shoot into the orruks the Arch Warlock is fighting, but only kills one orruck.
I advance my last Warlock onto the center objecrive, but unfortunately, the Arch Warlock overdoes again, and dies. I needed the re-rolls to kill the orrucks, but couldn’t stop rolling 1’s :P

Warlock, however, does claim the center objective.

Skyre 3vp – Bonesplitta’s 1vp.

At this point, I call the game. It was getting late, and was a forgone conclusion. He would very easily remove my last hero, removing my ability to score, while he would be easily able to get his remaining heros on the two objectives. Even if I went first in the fourth battleround, and could kill his heros, the game would go to a unit-points-killed tiebreaker, and I would not be able to win that.

Overall, a fantastic and tactical game. Ending T3 might not sound it, but we both felt this game went back and forth quite a bit. Certainly a great learning experience. I should not have tunneled the stormfiends, as there was no reason too. I really needed to focus on trying to kill his savage orruck warboss, as he let the Arrowboys shoot twice a turn.

On other news, I’m tired of going to events, and not having a place to put my display board when I get to the table, so I put some casters on a plastic storage shelf, so I can wheel all my belongings between tables, and have a great place to store models while deploying, or when they die. Also, a great way to keep my Beer and Snacks during the event.

Anyway, thanks for reading!
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 08:14:38 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2018, 09:15:26 PM »
Great games, Squid! That last one against the Bonesplittaz was a real nailbiter! Games that end on turn 3, but shift back and forth between favoring either side, maybe short, but from the battle reports I've often watch on youtube, those tend to be my favorite. They're action packed, but have a lot of tactical / strategic thought placed into them as things rapidly change across the board until both sides are exhausted and whittled down. Also great game against those stormies ;D, always great to see a good comeback!

Online Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2018, 05:01:16 AM »
That was certainly a very bloody battle.  Those Bonesplittas seem quite difficult to defeat to me, but you gave your opponent a good run for his money.  The amount of shooting that he had was pretty impressive and certainly highlights how different Orc type armies are now compared to how they used to be.

Thanks for the report :).

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2018, 02:11:42 PM »
I still can't work out why GW and their play testers thought that 180 ranged attacks with the potential to explode for more hits was a good idea. Even the very thought of that many dice being rolled makes me feel a little bit queasy!

Great report though KS. Those Savage Oruks are just brutal.

• Ancient
« Reply #31 on: August 16, 2018, 08:52:58 AM »
That was certainly a very bloody battle.  Those Bonesplittas seem quite difficult to defeat to me, but you gave your opponent a good run for his money.  The amount of shooting that he had was pretty impressive and certainly highlights how different Orc type armies are now compared to how they used to be.

Thanks for the report :).

Yeah, lots of 2 wound models are tough to dislodge for sure. It was a good experience though, next time I play against them I'll have a better plan on what to do.

I still can't work out why GW and their play testers thought that 180 ranged attacks with the potential to explode for more hits was a good idea. Even the very thought of that many dice being rolled makes me feel a little bit queasy!

Great report though KS. Those Savage Oruks are just brutal.

180 shots is pretty much all 40k is about at the moment lol.

It's all based on a single hero being alive, and a 200pt battalion, so the combo can be stopped, you just need to be able to reach out and touch him. It's also hitting on 5's, wounding on 4's, so not the most efficient of shots, but it adds up!

Savage orruks are pretty cool. Their reliance on squishy heros, and lack of armour is their biggest weakness.
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

• Ancient
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2018, 10:40:29 PM »
Hey all!

Last weekend, I attended the Capital City Bloodbath ITC Age of Sigmar Tourniment. There were 36 players. I will say, that the hobby in Age of Sigmar, is amazing, as well as the people. Nice being in a smaller event next to the 110 player 40k Major on the other side of the hall.

For Armies, I’d say that most of the armies were Chaos forces, probably at least half. Multiple Khorne, Skaven, Nurgle, and Tzeentch Armies.
Outside of that, there was a handful of Ironjaws players, and one Moonclan Grot player, which was awesome! There was also a couple of Beastclaw players!
Order was pretty much a bunch of Sylvaneth armies, with a couple of Stormcast and Idoneth Deepkin armies. 
Death had A few Nighthaunt armies, and the rest being Legions of Nagash, although only one actual Nagash in the whole event.
Here are some pictures I took of the other armies!

I brought my Clan Skyre army I posted the list for a few posts ago.

Game 1 Vs Host of Slaanesh - Relocation Orb

He had,
Exhaulted Keeper of Secrets
Keeper of Secrets
Masque
Sorcerer Lord
Sorcerer Lord on Manticore
X2 units of 30 Daemonettes
X5 Seekers of Slaanesh
X5 Hellstriders of Slaanesh
Chormantic Cogs

He was a very nice fellow by the name of Marc-Andre. His army was from the Realm of Beasts, so he could give the Gryph Feather Charm, to the Exalted Keeper of Secrets. He informed me, that the character would be at a -2 to hit in melee, which I was 100% okay with, as I didn’t intend to fight it in combat lol.
Relocation orb is a single objective missions, where the orb scatters at the end of each battleround. Normally, objectives are scored by most models within 6”, but in this missions, Heros with Artifacts, and/or Wizards within 3” count as 20 models. Also, if you go first in a battleround, you score 1VP, score 3VP if you went second.
BR1
Slaanesh
So, he took the first turn. Mostly, cautiously moving around. Seekers and Exalted Keeper of secrets went around the north, rest of the army went straight towards me. He failed to cast Cogs, which made him less aggressive. Masque hopped forwards, and took the orb. He charged my
Skyre

So, I mostly just summoned a bunch of giant rats, and shot-dead the Masque with Warp Lighting. My shooty-stormfiends charged and killed his Seekers. I cast the Soulsnare Shackles into his mass of troops, and Warpgaled one unit of Daemonettes (which means they cannot run, and halves their charge).
Orb bounces north-east
Slaanesh 1vp Skyre 0vp
BR2
Marc-Andre, won the roll to go first, and he took it. He charged my shooty-Stormfiends with his Exaulted Keeper of Secrets, and Manticore Lord. He fails to Cast Cogs, and the Shackles slow both Daemonette units, and Hellstriders, too bad Slaanesh is crazy fast anyway :p
Combats were fairly undecicive. My Shooty-Stormfiends are crushed by both the monsters attacking the, but somehow the Grinderfist of all things sneaks three wounds onto the Exalted Keeper of Secrets.
One unit of Daemonettes, and the Hellstriders charge my left flank, but not much happens there (besides my melee stormfiends beating a little face).
Skyre
Well, immediately in my turn, my spells and shooting killed the Exalted Keeper of Secrets, and brought the Manticore Sorcerer down to one wound. Aaaaaaggg One wound!
I warpgaled the Daemonettes who were not in combat yet. Acolytes tried tossing some grenades into the Keeper of Secrets, but completely missed. Typical.
Verminlord Runs onto the objective, While the stormfiends keep chewing away at the Daemoettes (knocking them out Via battlechock). Giant Rats, and acolytes charge the Manticore Sorcerer, and they manage to drag out the last wound.

Orb bounces west.
Slaanesh 2vp Skyre 3vp
BR3

Marc-Andre takes the first turn again.

Slaanesh

Sorcerer Lord sticks on the orb, and summons a unit of Seekers with excess points, to protect him. Daemonettes are stuck by the shackles and warpgale, and cannot move.

Keeper of Secrets charges my one Acolyte unit, kills a couple, but that’s it.

Skyre
Shooting and Magic kills off the Keeper of Secrets, and knocks down the last Daemonette unit. Stormfiends charging in, kills off the rest. Giant Rats scurry up the pyramid to help control the Orb, with the Verminlord charging the Seekers to get in range of it.

Orb moves south
Slaanesh 3, Skyre 6

BR4/5
With just the sorcerer left, he takes the 2nd turn in BR5, but the score is already set.

End Score
Skyre 9 Slaanesh 6

Game 2

Slyvaneth – Focal Points
So, focal points, is a rather interesting scenario. Like all AOS missions, it features progressive scoring. There are 5 objectives, one in the middle, and the others equal distance away. North, South, East, West. Each objective is worth 1vp at the end of your turn. Middle is worth 2. If you control both opposite objectives (north/south, east/west), you get 3vp instead of 2.
So, a very nice fellow, Marc’s list.

Durthu
Tree Lord Ancient
Brachwraith
Branchwraith
5 Tree Revnents
3 Kurnoth Hunters
3 Kurnoth Hunters
X30 Dryads
X30 Dryads
3 Aetherwings

I’m going to summarize this game.
He gave me the first turn for the first and second battle rounds. Which, gave me a great opportunity to flood the board with Giant Rats, and create board control. At the end of the second battleround, I controlled 4/5 objectives and was sitting on 10Vp’s to 4, due to him sitting in his deployment zone, trying to summon forests.
He took the double-turn T3, but warp-gale and the Soulsnare shackles tied up his tree-lords. He took control of all but the eastern objective T3. I clawed back the middle and southern objectives, but the Northern Objective was a contested factor the rest of the game. It was a close thing from T3-5, but my 8pt lead the first two turns was critical.
End score Skyre 23vp – Sylvaneth 16vp

The Bar opened at this point. Woooooooo!

Game 3, Vs Stormcast – Better Part of Valour

Two Lord-Heraldor
Lord Celistant
Knight-Azyros
Lord Relictor
Lord-Castellant
X30 Liberators
3 units of 3 Prosecutors
10 Judicators
More liberators (Forget how many).

So, I made the mistake of taking the first turn this game. I played Poorly, and didn’t anticipate his deepstrikes well enough. He deepstruck in, charged, and wiped me out by T3 ha ha, Also, this mission, and Total Commitment are the two toughest missions for my force.

Final score was 4-18

So far 2 wins, 1 loss. I'll post about my next three games in the next update (it's getting late now).

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #33 on: August 25, 2018, 05:29:51 PM »
Nice games, Squid, and a solid start to the tournament, two out of three wins is probably more than I could manage ;D! I like how in the second edition, giving away the first turn doesn't necessarily mean that the person going second has a greater advantage. I like how you turned the tables on your sylvaneth opponent by summoning a swarm of rats to take the objectives. Really cool play right there.

Also all of those armies are completely gorgeous!!! I like the standard that you painted your own forces too, definitely above table-top standard and beyond the call of duty in general! I'm kind of jelly ;).

• Ancient
Age of Sigmar Gaming report Updated CCBB Coverage Day 2
« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2018, 09:45:48 PM »
Nice games, Squid, and a solid start to the tournament, two out of three wins is probably more than I could manage ;D! I like how in the second edition, giving away the first turn doesn't necessarily mean that the person going second has a greater advantage. I like how you turned the tables on your sylvaneth opponent by summoning a swarm of rats to take the objectives. Really cool play right there.

Also all of those armies are completely gorgeous!!! I like the standard that you painted your own forces too, definitely above table-top standard and beyond the call of duty in general! I'm kind of jelly ;).

Thanks! I find AoS players have a pretty good eye on hobby presentation.

Anyway, here is the summery of Day 2 of the event, and final scores.

Alright, so I have some time again, so here is Part 2 of the event Coverage.

I finished the first day with 2 wins and a loss, which I felt pretty good about. However, I knew going into Day 2, that I was playing against Nurgle, lead by the Glotkin and a unit of 20 plauge Bearers. This worried me, as plaugebearers are notoriously hard to kill, and the Glotkin’s spell gives all models in a unit +1 wound for a turn. That’d be annoying.

Game 4

Places of Arcane Power
Cory’s list.
Maggotkin of Nurgle
Glotkin
Herald of Nurgle
Blight Lord
Gotrot Spume
X20 plaguebearers
X10 Blightkings
X5 blightkings
X5 blightkings

So, a lot of wounds.

Places of Arcane power has a diagonal deployment, and three objectives equally spreads on the middle line. Wizards, or heros with artifacts can control the objective, and grant points each turn, for the number of turns that unit held the objective for. You cannot contest the objective, and you have to kill the previous objective holder before you can take it yourself.

Like in other objectives like this, I find my army needs to stick together, so I like to focus on holding two objectives and disrupting the third (by trying to snipe the hero’s off it).

So, I focused most of my deployment in the middle. Plan is to focus on the middle objective, send the Arch Warlock, Melee fiends and some acolytes to the left. Cannons deployed in the middle, in range to threaten all three objectives with warp lightning.

I finished deploying in two drops, so he is able to deploy his whole force after me. His has his Blight Lord, and the 10 man blightking unit on my left, plague bearers and Herald on the right, Gotrot Spume and one Blightking unit on their magical boat, with the glotkin and other blightking unit in the middle.
BR1
Maggotkin
I gave him the first turn. He moved plaguebearers and herald towards the right objective. One blightking unit moved up to the middle (even though they cannot score), and the blightlord and his 10 man posse moved down the left. He had no one in range of objectives, so he scored no points.
Skyre
I started moving up as well to threaten the objectives. First, I started summoning rat walls to block off the right and center objectives between the mountains. Verminlord advances onto the middle objective, and the Warp Lighting Cannons and Mortar kill off the 5 man blightking unit in the middle of the table.
Skyre 1vp Maggotkin 0vp

BR2
Maggotkin go first again. His herald and Plaguebearrer blob make it onto the right objective. He’s afraid to bring out the Glotkin, as he’s quite vulnerable against me.
Skyre
My Warp-Lighting Cannons blast his Herald back to the warp, but one if the cannons overpowers and explodes. Well, nuts. Arch Warlock and his pals make it to the eastern objective. Stormfiends charge the blightkings there, with fire support from my remaining cannon, and the Acolytes. Verminlord happily camps where he is, and continues holding the objective.

Skyre 4vp Maggotkin 1vp

BR3
Maggotkin take the turn.

Gotrot Spume and his boat-pals arrive on my eastern flank, but fail their charge. Blightlord fails to charge my Archwarlock, and stormfiends chew up a bunch of Blightkings.

Skyre
I charge in my shooty-fiends to tie up his Plaugebearers, while I use giant rats to screen out the outflanking blightkings and Glotkin.
My warp-lighting Cannon fires into the Blight Lord, dropping him to one wound.
Stormfiends and Blightkings keep chewing eachother up.

Skyre 9vp Maggotkin 1vp.

BR4
Blight Lord finally charges my Arch Warlock, fails to kill the rat, and then takes the CLAW to the face. Eastern Blightkings fight their way through the wall of rats I fed them. He finally gets the Glotkin onto the eastern objective.

Skyre
Well, this turn I drop the Glotkin. Other than that, I keep screening my middle, and holding onto the left and center objectives.

Skyre 16 Maggotkin 2

He calls it at this point, as he has no heros left who can score.

Game 6 Slyvaneth

Allerial
Spirit of Durthu
Branchwraith
Branchwraith
X30 Dryads
X30 Dryads
X3 Kurnoth Hunters

This mission is total commitment. Like Focal Points, it’s probably the hardest mission for me.  Score cumulative points. 1vp for each of your home objectives, 3vp for your opponents. Only, I cannot get though his Dryads. My only hope, is to tie on Primary, and win on kill points. Groan.

I had one things going for me. The terrain on this table is really dense, which makes it very hard for him to find places to summon trees, which means he needs to go at me the old fashioned way.

He gave me the first turn.

So, neither of us wanted to commit right way, so really I just summoned a amphetamine parrot ton of rats (around 40 T1), and then I sort of just tried to block out the table, as I creeped up my cannons and spellcasters to try and shoot Alleriel.
He spent the first few turns casting the Geminids at me, summoning Dryads, and shooting at my with a summoned unit of Kurnoth Hunters, and Alleriel.
Turn 4, he won the double turn, and this is where I learned the mistake I made with my rat screens.
I’m going to summarize that with his double-turn, he was able to charge/kill most my army. But, had I played smarter, this probably wouldn’t have happened.
So, my Giant rats were pretty-much in the middle of the table, to create a buffer between his army, and mine. However, I stopped moving them around ¾ the way up the table. So, when he won the double turn (and got some fantastic charge moves), the giant rats let him springboard up the table T3, so on T4 he was in easy charge distance of me.
What I should have done, is just run the rats up 4” away from him, this way he don’t get the Move+charge distance I gave him. This would mean on T3 he couldn’t move at all, and just charge the rats, and then T4 when we went again, he would still be in his deployment zone, rather than over halfway up the table.
What I want to emphasise here, that losing the double turn did facilitate me loosing, only because (due to exhaustion and a hangover), I gave him the tools to succeed.
End score
20 to 6, for the Sylvaneth. I did kill Allerial though, so that was great.

So, at the end of the event, I went 3-3, which I was happy with, considering I had only two practice games with the full army before the event, and was still painting it days before I left for Ottawa.

So, in the end, I placed 22/38 players, so just in the bottom half.

For those who are interested, here are the final results. I’m not sure what the 2nd place army had, but the First place Deepkin army was 2 squads of six Morsaar Guard, and one squad of six Akellian Guard, along with two Lords.\

« Last Edit: August 26, 2018, 09:47:07 PM by Killersquid »
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
Re: Age of Sigmar Gaming report Updated CCBB Coverage Day 2
« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2018, 08:07:53 AM »
Fascinating read KS. You did very well in the face of some fairly brutal armies. How on Earth you have the energy to write up 3 games on the day that you played them, while still having time for some beers is beyond me!

A lot of those forces look lovely. It must be a pleasure to play so many games against such well displayed, thematic forces.

Also, that winning Idoneth force sounds brutal. Anything the Morrsarr Guard charge will just melt, while they can be screened by the Guard, who ignore rend and make the enemy focus on them...couple all that with their manoeuvrability and it sounds like armies would just evaporate against them.

Thanks for the update KS!

• Ancient
« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2018, 08:42:05 AM »
Fascinating read KS. You did very well in the face of some fairly brutal armies. How on Earth you have the energy to write up 3 games on the day that you played them, while still having time for some beers is beyond me!

A lot of those forces look lovely. It must be a pleasure to play so many games against such well displayed, thematic forces.

Also, that winning Idoneth force sounds brutal. Anything the Morrsarr Guard charge will just melt, while they can be screened by the Guard, who ignore rend and make the enemy focus on them...couple all that with their manoeuvrability and it sounds like armies would just evaporate against them.

Thanks for the update KS!

Oh no, I didn't write these up same day ha ha. I wrote these up a few days after the event. We played 4 games on Saturday, and 2 on Sunday. With 10 hours of gaming, and plenty of beers throughout the day, I was done at the end of Saturday, and quite hungover on Sunday morning.

It is really inspiring to see how other folks Paint and display their forces. It's inspired me to work on a better display board for my army.

Idoneth Deepkin are kinda gross right now. Mostly the eels are drastically undercosted. The eels need to be 180-200pts at least to reflect their in game abilities, right now at 140 for 3, they are too easy (and too good) to spam. Increasing their cost will then make other units in the book more interesting to take.

I think we'll see some big points adjustments in the fall Faq for the Deepkin, and some other units as well.

I have signed up for another AOS ITC one day event in a city an hour away from me (which in Ontario is practically next door), so I'm looking forward to Bringing the rats to that.

Thanks for reading!
Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Offline Myen'Tal

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #37 on: September 7, 2018, 04:03:38 PM »
Hey Squid,

So do you remember when the core rulebook came out for 2nd Edition Age of Sigmar and I mentioned some unusually armored skaven a while back? Sooo, just happened across this little picture today when scrolling through the warhammer art gallery on Games Workshop's website.

Here you go ;D.

https://warhammerart.com/shop/age-of-sigmar/nagash-lord-of-the-undead/

At first I thought they were stormfiends, but look of those cute skaven shields they have!

• Ancient
Re: Age of Sigmar Gaming report Brush and Sword event report.
« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2018, 10:21:27 PM »
This past weekend I played in a 2000pt AoS event at the Sword and Brush miniature convention. I brought my Clan Skyre, Skaven, running the same list I brought to Capital City Bloodbath.

Missions were a combination of Rulebook and General’s Handbook missions.
Game 1, vs Stormcast Eternals.

Fellow’s name is Thomas, nice guy. I don’t remember the specifics of his list. I know he had a battalion in his army.

Lord-Arcanum on Tauralon
Knight-Incantor
Knight-Vexillor
Knight-Heraldor
Evocators x5
Evocators x10
Sequitors x10
Sequitors x5
Sequitors x5
Everblaze Comet

He placed the 10 man Evocator unit in Azyr.

Mission was Scorched Earth, which is, admittedly, a tough mission for me.

I gave him the first turn.

This game I lost in deployment and in the first turn.
I wasn’t aware of how quickly he could move his units, with the buffs his units gave each other. Stormcasts have a million heros, so it’s hard to keep track of what each of them do. Needless to say, he was able to charge across the table with a heavily boosted unit of Sequitors, evaporate my one unit of Stormfiends and then burned one of my objectives for 3vp’s.
So, he was now going to gain 3vps a turn, and I could only gain 2, and he was ahead by 3. Great.

Turn 2, he was able to burn another one of my objectives for 3vps, which pretty much sealed the game.

In the end, he had 18vps, to my 9. But, in kill points it wasn’t as far off. He killed off my whole army but a unit of Acolytes (so he gained around 1800pts in units killed), but I took out between 1300-1500pts of his army. If only my army fought as hard as they did in the first few turns, as opposed to the latter.

Best parts of the game for me, was a unit of Giant Rats, sneaking up and burning one of his objectives, and my (crippled), army killing off his 10 man unit of Evocators in one turn. Booya!

So, game 1 was a loss.

Game 2 was against a friend of mine, Mathias.

He was running Grand Alliance Chaos, but all of the units will be in the future ‘Beasts of Chaos’ book.

Beastlord
X2 Bray Shamans
Tzzangor Shaman
X3 skyfires
X3 units of Gors
X1 Ungor Raiders
X1 unit of 20 Beasigors
X10 Chaos Hounds
Cygor
Manticore
Jabberslythe

We were playing 3 Places of Power, which is a mission I enjoy (as well as the two variations on it), as my Verminlord, and Arch Warlock are rather tough.

As usual in missions like this, I planned to ignore one objective, and focus on two others. My army hates spreading out. I focused on the middle and far right.

I chose to take the first turn, as taking the objectives first in this mission is very important.
Br1
Verminlord summoned two units of giant rats as a screen, and then I ran him, and my shooty Stormfiends onto the right objective. Arch Warlock and cannons and such focused on moving towards the middle, and my melee-fiends threatened the far left.
He charged into my Gaint Rats wall with two units of gors, who totally wiffed (I think they killed two rats). Skyfires focused fire onto my Acolytes. My spellcasters denyed most of the spells he tried to cast.
Skyre 1 Beasts 0
BR2

He stole the initiative.
Beastigors and Beastlord sat on the middle objective, one of the Brayshamens hopped onto the far left. Chaos Hounds joined the combat against the rats. Jabberslythe charged the Melee-fiends, and the Cygor threw a big rock at my Verminlord, doing 6 wounds. Ouch.
Beastigors killed off one unit of Giant rats, but my other giant rats.
Chaos Hounds didn’t kill any rats, Stormfiends, Rats, and Verminlord finished off the Chaos Hounds and Gors, through a combination of attacks and battleshock. Turns out, Giant Rats are better fighters than Chaos Hounds ha ha.
Jabberslythe was killed by my melee-fiends easily, but it’s toxic blood did 18 mortal wounds back into my unit, killing them.
In my turn, the stormfiends and my Arc-warlock charged into the bestigors and Beastlord, my arch warlock took down the Brayshamen, while the stormfiends clubbed a bunch of beastigors to death. This was after my cannons shot-dead one of his Bray-Shamans, and took a bunch of wounds off his Cygor. In the end, I stole the middle objective, and held the right.

Skyre 3 beasts 2

BR3
I took the initiative this turn. I finished off the Beastigors, Cygor and killed 2/3 Skyfires.

In his turn, the Manticore flew into one of my cannons and wall of giant-rats, along with the ungor raiders, and a unit of gors. He was able to kill the cannon, and all but two of the rats. His shaman and skyfire tried to work on finishing off my verminlord but didn’t succeed.

Skyre 9 Beasts 7

BR4/5
At this point, it was effectively just mopping up. Spells and shooting killed the manticore, and my remaining stormfiend unit fought back against the gors and ungors, without much trouble.
End score
Skyre 21 Beasts 11
In this mission, if you can get a hero onto an objective T1, and they never leave it, you’re in a very good place to succeed, as the VP’s can quickly snowball. Getting my Arch Warlock onto the middle turn 2, meant that I was going to do very well in this mission, and he’d never be able to catch up.
A win!

Game 3, against a beautiful Legions of Nagash army, commanded by Zack.

Grand Host of Nagash
Manfred
Wight King
X3 Necromancers
X4 Morgasts
X30 Graveguard
X3 units of Direwolves

This mission is total commitment. Another mission I am not a huge fan of, as it makes me spread out my army.  One objective in each corner.

He deployed Manfred, and unit of Direwolves and the unit of Morgasts on my left, and everything else on the right, deployed behind the wall of Gaveguard. He placed his gravesites on each of the objectives.

I deployed my arch warlock, melee fiends, a cannon, warlock and a unit of acolytes on the left, and I had everything else on the right.

His plan obviously was to send Manfred and the morgasts to obliterate my left flank, and then pincer my right between the hard hitting monsters and the grave guard. amphetamine parrot.

BR1
I gave him the first turn (so he can run into ways of my guns). He kept his right flank held back, and rushed forwards both Manfred and the Morgasts. Direwolves clustered on objectives.

I desperately needed to kill either the Morgasts, or Manfred this turn, to have even a hope of winning this mission. I vigordusted the melee-fiends. One cannon fired into Manfred (twice), Arch Warlock cast his magic into Manfred and the melee-fiends and Archwarlock charged Manfred. When the dust settled, Manfred was dead.
On the right flank, the verminlord started summoning a protective wall of giant rats.

Skyre 2 Legions of Nagash 2

BR2

I won the initiative this turn. Much to both mine, and my opponents astonishment, my left flank killed the Morgats before they could even swing their weapons. On the right, I focused on sniping his characters. I moved my wall of models forwards, to create a bigger buffer between my, and his units.

Knowing he needs to take my right objective to have a chance at winning this game, Zack advances his forces. Graveguard charge into my rat-screen and stormfiends, killing one fiend, and all the rats.

Skyre 4, Legions of Nagash 4

BR3

He took the initiative this turn. Graveguard healed all their wounds, due to heros nearby and gravesites. Graveguard (with plenty of buffs), obliterated my remaining stormfiends on the right. He was also able to steal my home objective due to his Graveguard.
The Arch Warlock and Stormfiends charged (and killed) the direwolves guarding his left flank objective, my other units on the left/middle started rushing to the right. Shooting and spells saw one of the Necromancers killed, Soulsnare Shackles killed his wight king (which made his graveguard go from 4 attacks each, to 2). Verminlord happily kept chewing through graveguard with his Doomglave, stealing my objective back.

Skyre 9 Legions of Nagash 9

BR4
At this point, he was down to pretty much just the graveguard, and I was able to bring my cannons and firepower to bear. I killed off the last of his Necromancers, so he couldn’t rebuild his graveguard as quickly as before.

Game ended Turn 5, Skyre 18 to Legions of Nagash 12

Game 4, against Ironjaws!

He was running an Ironfist as part of the Bloodtooth battalion. Benefits of this, is everything but the mawcrusher can move D6” each battleround, and the whole army gets +2 to charges.
Warboss on Mawcrusher
Warboss
Warchanter
Allied Grot Shaman
X5 brute squads.
Chromatic Cogs
We were playing Scorched earth.
Br1
I took the first turn. Due to the speed of his army, I needed to create my screen of rats, and get some shots in before he charged me. I had stormfiends and acolytes on my flank objectives, and everything else surrounding my middle.
I shot to death his foot-warboss T1, and killed a brute. Not an ideal first turn of shooting. I also brought up my screen. Which, didn;’t matter, as he got +2 to all his charges, and he rolled crazy hot, basically charging my whole middle on the first turn. He killed both cannons and the motar immediately, before I could fight back. Verminlord rolled hot though, and killed three brutes on his own.
BR2
I shot and cast magic to do as much damage in the middle as I could. Arch Warlock and a warlock joined in the melee too, and they all did a good bit of damage. I burned my objective on the left flank for 2vps before it could be stolen.
His Warboss on Mawcrusher arrived and charge my acolytes and Stormfiends on my left flank. Although, his dice were cold and he didn’t really do much. Thankfully. In the middle the fighting continued hard. I had only the Warlock, Arch Warlock and Veminlord left.
On the right, his brutes charged into my shooty-fiends and acolytes, but rolled a bit cold as well.
Skyre 2 Ironjaws 0
Br3
This was probably the last turn my middle section would hold out. Verminlord threw his scry orb into a unit of Ironjaws, killing two. Magic and some shooting did some other damage. At the end of the combat, only a few ironjaws were left, but the Verminlord was down to 5 wounds, and the Arch Warlock and Warlock were down to 2 and 1 respectfully. My stormfiends on the right flank killed off the brutes they were fighting (grinderfists rolling well for once!) and I burned that objective for 4 vps.
In his turn, he finished off my middle, and the Warboss on mawcrusher finished off my stormfiends he was fighting. Also, my opponent forgot completely how this mission worked, and just charged me, which meant he was not gaining points to burn his objectives, so he quickly ran his grot shaman onto one.
Skyre 6 Ironjaws 0
Br 4
He stole the initiative, but it didn’t really do much, as I was too far away to get to, especially with the soulsnare shackles slowing him down.

In my turn, the stormfiends ran onto his far back right objective.
Skyre 6 Ironjaws 0

Br5
My opponent burned my middle objective, as well as his middle and far left for a total of 7vps
My stormfiends burned his back right objective for 2vps.
Skyre 8 Ironjaws 7

Also, he killed 1430pts of my army, and I only killed 560pts of his ha ha. I almost conceded the game when he got the double turn, as the game seemed hopeless. But, I kept playing and tried to make a game of it. Turned out, I saw how my opponent neglected the mission to (rather successfully), murder my army, and by playing for the mission I was able to squeak out a narrow win.
This game really refreshed in my mind how important it is to keep playing, no matter how bleak things look. Sometimes you can still pull through. Just gotta play for the mission.

In the end, I placed third best overall! Behind Maggotkin of nurgle (lead by three great unclean ones), and a Kharadron Overlords army in second place.

I felt pretty good about even placing in the top three at all. All the games I’ve played and practice are really starting to pay off! Helps when you don’t change your list, so you get used to what your units can do.

Here are some of the armies I saw at the event.

Harlequin Army Blog

Azore of Austria

Online Irisado

• Administrator
Re: Age of Sigmar Gaming report Brush and Sword event report.
« Reply #39 on: September 11, 2018, 05:37:15 AM »
Third place is very impressive, congratulations :).  You played very well on all those games and you deserved to finish very high up.  The standout game for me was the one against Legions of Nagash because I thought that you would be in trouble against that army for that mission, but it just goes to show that the weakness of elite armies is that if you take out the hammer force they don't have the numbers to overcome a horde.

The range of armies on show and quality of them is clearly conveyed by the photos.  It looked like quite an enjoyable tournament to be at on that basis.