News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: SM CAN BEAR NO CHILDREN!  (Read 2096 times)

Offline SteamingBarrel

• TASTY CORN!
SM CAN BEAR NO CHILDREN!
« on: February 27, 2002, 05:39:33 PM »
fluff wise, sm can have no childern correct (because they have too many extra organs thers not enough room) and since each sm come from the "gene seed" of a previous primarch where do the SOB come from?
SO YOU WANNA BE A ROCK SUPPERSTAR? LIVE LARGE, BIG HOUSE FIVE CARS YOUR IN CHARGE COMING UP IN THE WORLD DONT TRUST NOBODY GOT TO LOOK OVER YOUR SHOULDER CONSTANTLY...

Offline fusion corsair

Re:SM CAN BEAR NO CHILDREN!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2002, 09:04:04 PM »
SOB are the naughty catholic school girls of my dreams.

Offline Dark3lazer

• My OnLy CrImE Is CuRiOsItY
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2002, 11:57:05 PM »
hmm would that be kinda hard to do if there in all that power armour ;D

mmmm naughty cathloic school girls uaaaa! :P
I walk alone in my Revloution

Cheantoa

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2002, 03:45:37 AM »
You are correct. SM bear no children. A large part of that being that there are no female SM.

SoB don't really make sense. They are imp women, who, seeing as they aren't permitted in the masculin regiments, put on power armour and served the emperor.

SoB are just there cause imperial Mon Keigh are not a genderbalanced civilization. Eldar are however... man do we rule...

Offline Helmed Horror

• Let the sunshine In!
  • It appears I can't escape
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2002, 07:37:18 AM »
In frustration GW created the S.O.B's (No sisters of battle not what your think of) because they believed there should be a femine force in 40k. And they reward it with not giving it a codex. And I say woopty do! They deserve it the stupid S.O.B's ( the ones you are thinking of now.) ;D
Formerly Dark Sun, a long time ago.

Offline MartianNature

• I love the smell of starcannons in the morning...
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2002, 08:41:14 AM »
Apparently (according to a veteran gamer friend of mine), the SoBs were in the original codex astartes.  IMHO, they should have been left alone, but of course GW's corporate appetite means they shall try and appeal to as wide an audience as possible.  I think the mon-keigh space marines should ALL have been moulded in the shape of the Emperor, ah well....  

Don't get me wrong, I love the models, but the SoB shouldn't exist at all IMO.  GW coulda developed a better explanation for their origins too...
"These are the End Times.  The Apocalypse.  Gotterdammerung.  Ragnarok.  The Void.  King of Battles.  Jutenborg.  The Great Conflagration.  The Death of Stars.  How many names to tell of this warring end?  To tell of this violent time when Time itself is smashed asunder?" - Inquis Exterminatus.

Offline Yarea Jelsan

• Leader of the great Bahzhakhaim FaolchĂș
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2002, 08:58:11 AM »

SOB are the naughty catholic school girls of my dreams.

If you mean warrior nuns then you are right.

On a side note the SOBs are not just the feminine part of 40k (which some Dark eldar and Eldar also represent) but they are the religious part of the game.
Farseer Yarea Jelsan (Jelsan the child of a rising star)

Offline MartianNature

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2002, 12:36:21 PM »
On a side note the SOBs are not just the feminine part of 40k (which some Dark eldar and Eldar also represent) but they are the religious part of the game.

Just so you know, i wasn't necessarily referring to girls when I said GW are trying to appeal to as wide an audience as possible.  You're right, they do have a strong religious theme running through their army, more so than other chapters of space marines you might argue.  
"These are the End Times.  The Apocalypse.  Gotterdammerung.  Ragnarok.  The Void.  King of Battles.  Jutenborg.  The Great Conflagration.  The Death of Stars.  How many names to tell of this warring end?  To tell of this violent time when Time itself is smashed asunder?" - Inquis Exterminatus.

Offline Niran of Asha An

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2002, 03:10:34 PM »
so sisters of battle are just a representation of all the things GW thought they didn't incororate enough into other armies plus power armor? that's harsh.
THERE'LL BE NO BUTTER IN HELL!

Cheantoa

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2002, 06:48:51 PM »
Yes, that's it. GW's way of getting more players. I figure that they believve that Eldar either have enough attention now, or aren't going to draw many more players so they don't need more work. Idiots in the truest sense of the word.

Offline MartianNature

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2002, 08:40:23 PM »
I figure that they believve that Eldar either have enough attention now, or aren't going to draw many more players so they don't need more work. Idiots in the truest sense of the word.

Why do I get the feeling this holds true?  They used to just concentrate on building up and strengthening the already brilliant set of 40k races with each new release of 40k, now though it seems as though they're just pulling in as many different directions as they can.  Personally (and I know I'm going to offend a great deal of players here by saying this), I think Dark Eldar were just a mistake.  Eldar were cool enough as they were with harlequins, exodites and craftworld eldar.  They possessed their own dark secrets and their own shadow-side, they didn't need an entirely new race to better define their darker sides.  That and the fact that I just think the models were a rushed job with little real imagination behind them.  Sure, they look cruel enough, but if it's sadists you want, what do you think Slanneshi marines were invented for?  frying eggs?!  I understand that Eldar took a dive into the 'goodguy' realm in the second edition, but GW didn't need to counter this with a 'badguy' army, simply restore the craftworld Eldar's original principles.  Why didn't GW simply concentrate on enhancing the craftworld eldar (waveserpents?), rather than launching an entirely new range of Eldar?  >:(

As for the other relatively new race, the Tau.  I like the models (most of them), and I don't mind their background story, but when you look at a broadside battlesuit, you still can't help feeling sometimes that you're looking at the embodiment of GW's corporate interests...?  

Ok, rant over.  Feel free to attack my post as you see fit...

Offline BoyProdigy

• Pirate Prince
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Still rocking your world!
« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2002, 09:35:54 PM »
in the RT days it was a custom for white scares to have children

Offline MartianNature

« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2002, 10:12:52 PM »
Just to support my above point, I'd like to quote Eldanesh from another thread if I may:

When you're an old school player (like me) you know how GW has evolved from a small and very creative group of gamers into a company more concerned with their shareholders interests than producing a solid games for their core players.

I think as soon as Gw started moving away from Orks, Marines, Guard, Chaos, Eldar, 'Nids (ah the good ol' days!) and towards the SoB, Dark Eldar and Tau is what marked the start of their grand commercial scheme...   >:(  I try to immerse myself in the 40k universe as it was around the time Dark Millenium popped up and before, right back to its earliest days... like epic 'Space Marine'.  Anybody remember that?  Excuse me please... I'm being overcome by powerful feelings of nostalgia  :)