News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153876 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #260 on: June 27, 2011, 10:08:17 AM »
The bank account is updated, you can see it HERE

Lots of good stuff this week, and some more members of the mob. We are up to 67 members, two thirds of the way to a full green tide  8)

As always, if I missed something feel free to PM me, or post it here, and let me know where your toof earning activity is, and I will be more than happy to get your account credited tooty sweetie. ;D
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline moc065

• Infinity Circuit / Necrontyr Lord / KoN Warlord
  • Ancient
  • King of the Preemptive Strike
    • klucas.piczo.com
« Reply #261 on: June 27, 2011, 01:57:07 PM »
It's nice to see the Green Menace still growing. Thanks for keeping such good records SKEETERGOD, and just a few more members and this will start to catch up to the Eldar groups (although you are bigger than any one of their craftworlds now).

Cheers
Join POC: Saim-Hann
or Read the Guide to Eldar
or read the Guide to Necrons

And Click here if you like Magic The Gathering

Offline Zilverscale

• Ork Boy
« Reply #262 on: June 27, 2011, 05:31:08 PM »
As recommended by Skeetergod...can I join? ;)

Always been fascinated with tha orkies ^^
So decided to make myself an army, especially after a mate quite and practicly donated some 1k points to me ^^

PAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #263 on: June 28, 2011, 10:53:14 AM »
Welcome to the Green Side

Your name has been added to the bank account, and you will see it there on the next update.

In the meantime, make sure to read the first page of this thread as it has a lot of good info and the FAQ. Then check out the Ork Boot Kamp here at THIS LINK

Then when you get a chance, make sure to post a list of what you have in the faces of the waagh sticky.

Again, welcome, and Angel of Death 007 should be along shortly to add your name to the official roles.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #264 on: June 29, 2011, 04:23:14 PM »
It's nice to see the Green Menace still growing. Thanks for keeping such good records SKEETERGOD, and just a few more members and this will start to catch up to the Eldar groups (although you are bigger than any one of their craftworlds now).

The orks is growing like a wild fire.    First the craftworlds then the universe.  It is good to be green.

Zilverscale... you have been added to the ranks.   It is always good to start a new army and having that many orks donated is kind of like a calling to the green side.    It is like one of those clues that you get about what path to take in life.    Either way hope you enjoy the greenside.

Offline Higsby

• Ork Yoof
  • There's a reason they call it the WAAAGH!
« Reply #265 on: June 29, 2011, 05:27:47 PM »
As recommended by Skeetergod...can I join? ;)

Always been fascinated with tha orkies ^^
So decided to make myself an army, especially after a mate quite and practicly donated some 1k points to me ^^

Thats exactly how I got started with this orks! I began to take an interest in 40k, because one of my friends played. He noticed that I favored the orks over all the other races. 4 months later (on my birthday), he gave me 48 grots, 30 boyz, 5 nobz, 2 burnas, and 1 warboss. Thus my waaagh! was born.

Offline AcousticBanditx

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #266 on: June 29, 2011, 07:44:29 PM »
Hey guys Skeetergod pushed me over to this thread. I recently sold my DE to my friend because I didn't like how they play (even with the new codex) and I think I want to start a ork army.

So can I join?

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #267 on: June 30, 2011, 01:01:04 AM »
AcousticBanditx welcome aboard.   Hopefully you find a love for the greenskins like our other members have.   Trust me I started them awhile ago (when they were released right at the end of 4th edition before 5th).   I shelfed them for awhile as I took a bit of a break from 40k and then got right back into them.   And now I got an apocalypse ork army.  It is very addicting and I love the konversions.

Haha... beat ya to the punch this time Skeetergod.   I am sure Skeetergod will be on later to add you to the bank account so you can start earning some teef.   Get yourself a few boxes or a battleforce (or AOBR set of orks) and enter in this month's build off.

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=215442.0

No better time to get started and earn some teef.    And for the rest of you July is my birth month so as a special gift I wanna see lots of entries in the Build Off this month.   I have been busting my butt and should have the ard boyz finished either tonight or tomorrow for June's buildoff.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #268 on: June 30, 2011, 08:03:03 AM »
Well well well, what do we have here? A new member and AOD007 was first to respond. I think I am feeling faint, the last time you did that I was on vacation and couldn't access the 'net for 9 days....

Welcome AcousticBanditx, your name has been added to the bank account, you will see it there on the next update. (Mondays) Now, go and look back a few threads, and you will find the link to the boot kamp.  When you get a chance make an entry in the faces of the waagh thread.  Good to have you in the mob.

Offline theeldar

• Ork Boy
  • A bark bigger than my bite...
« Reply #269 on: June 30, 2011, 02:10:12 PM »
After starting wif dem Eldar boyz, I gotz into dem oomies...but they no bad like Ork be bad. I's want to be joining da bad green menace. Open da door!!!
Stats                 W       L       D
Space Wolves    2         0      0
Angel Mechinus  3        1       1

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #270 on: June 30, 2011, 03:21:21 PM »
Welcome Bad Moon...  Good to have you on the green side...  Let me quote what skeet is about to say...

"We invite you to sign up on [insert link here! lol].  You will also find some useful information to get you started on [insert link, link and link!] lol

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #271 on: June 30, 2011, 06:38:36 PM »
Welcome all, I've been so busy at work and hospital this month I haven't been around much, but all's good now and I can get back to krumpin dings propa now

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #272 on: June 30, 2011, 06:57:07 PM »
DaBadMoon welcome aboard I see you already found your way into next month's build off...   Good to see some ambition.

Oh and incase you other orks didn't notice.   Skeetergod and I are going to war...  and we need your insight for our Apocalypse game.
The Battle of the Bosses

(click on the glowing green link above) Make sure to stop by give your insight, come up with a mission, place your bets, or just plain old take a side and wait for the smack talk to commence.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 09:35:48 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline typhon

• Wych | Free Boota Ork
  • warboss of the SUN and DA MOON orks
« Reply #273 on: June 30, 2011, 07:26:39 PM »
Da glowing green link not working

and welcome bad moon  to the waaaaagh

Battle of the bosses that would be something to watch

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #274 on: June 30, 2011, 09:38:27 PM »
Da glowing green link not working

and welcome bad moon  to the waaaaagh

Battle of the bosses that would be something to watch

Due to cut backs and budget cuts...  the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off til further notice...   j/k    link is fixed I misplaced my html a bit is all.

Ah yes anyone wanting to see the battle in real life can come and watch.   It will be in Panama City, FL.   Skeetergod can post up the addy or PM it to ya if you want to stop by.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #275 on: June 30, 2011, 09:43:42 PM »
DaBadMoon; Welcome back to the Green Side

Your name has been added to the bank account, and you will see it there on the next update.

Welcome Bad Moon...  Good to have you on the green side...  Let me quote what skeet is about to say...

"We invite you to sign up on [insert link here! lol].  You will also find some useful information to get you started on [insert link, link and link!] lol

Adam

Like Adam said:
In the meantime, make sure to read the first page of this thread as it has a lot of good info and the FAQ. Then check out the Ork Boot Kamp here at THIS LINK

Then when you get a chance, make sure to post a list of what you have in the faces of the waagh sticky.

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #276 on: June 30, 2011, 09:54:30 PM »
Ah yes the faces of Waagh.   We are missing a lot of members profiles up there.     This is the place to go to show off your armies.   I dunno why more orks don't take advantage of it.

Incase anyone can't find it...
Faces of Waaagh

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #277 on: June 30, 2011, 09:57:49 PM »
I did notice, and am wondering, as it's gonna be full of pics are there any Rayvn70 buggies in there? And as I put in the post I'm really stoked about this fight

Also, again welcome all to the best ork forum on the net, and our bosses are doing what bosses do, well what orks do, fighting and it's gonna fun yet wild ride!

Ah yes the faces of Waagh.   We are missing a lot of members profiles up there.     This is the place to go to show off your armies.   I dunno why more orks don't take advantage of it.

Incase anyone can't find it...
Faces of Waaagh

Well, we only allowed 3 pics and not allowed to comment on said pics. I wanna update my army status for painted stuff but am unallowed to do to the restraints conferred by forum and Boss rules, sadly my best painted stuff, whilst is posted, is all you'll see due to current rules of the forum, and I'm all about playing by the rules but I also want to show off my horde of boys as well as the vehicles I've done and my bosses, surely there's something we can come up with to allow us to showcase our orks and perhaps talk about and/or get ideas from other orks rather than waiting for a random post to pop up in the painting forum. We are stronger than that! If I have to, I'll start a new forum linked with photobucket to help I want to see these armies grow and build and get bigger! and to help the players who's skill of painting isn't quite up our standard, and by that mean us guys who have years of experience painting, to offer help and tips to the yoofs. Painting orks is a daunting task to say the least and with our help we can help allev
« Last Edit: July 1, 2011, 07:19:14 AM by Rayvn70 »

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #278 on: June 30, 2011, 10:16:50 PM »
Rayvn70 you bring up a very good point.  I know a lot of other forums have people post updated pics and such when they complete a squad or a unit.   

I am almost leaning more infavor of this style as it keeps not only the Faces of Waagh tread growing but it also allows members to post all of thier work for others to see.   I think I might have to bring it up thru the council and possibly see about changing it.  I don't really see a need so much as to only have a small section to display our work.

« Last Edit: June 30, 2011, 10:20:43 PM by angel of death 007 »

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
« Reply #279 on: June 30, 2011, 10:34:27 PM »
If we try to keep the questions involving the colors or models in the pics I think it should keep it to minimum and will help keep the post active last post on that forum is is sad, it really is, as I've done so many orks, as have you< Skeet, Adam, and so many other, but can't showcase without posting then posting a link to the post, that extra work, we got grots for that. While I'm happy to do that I really shouldn't I don't think, I love to show my stuff and get yer ideas, I shouldn't have to post in a separate forum to get ideas for orks