News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 176337 times)

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #220 on: June 8, 2011, 10:34:52 PM »
I posted a new battle report that includes mynew biker nobz I'm in the process of painting for the scrapyard build off... 

Skeeter, You'll be glad to see I included pics this time!

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline tactica

• Banned
  • Orks iz made 4 ROKKIN!!
« Reply #221 on: June 9, 2011, 04:29:22 AM »
btw the way I would like to submit all my articles to your project section, how do I go about that?

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #222 on: June 9, 2011, 07:47:58 AM »
btw the way I would like to submit all my articles to your project section, how do I go about that?

By clicking on the link in my signature, and reading through the guidelines  :).

I strongly recommend, however, that you do not submit all your articles at once.  This is because there are already a couple of Ork articles awaiting publication, and we (the Project Editors) have a system whereby we don't upload articles about the same army consecutively, or in large blocks, as it makes the front page too one dimensional.

As a general note for all of you, please note that all your articles are very much welcomed, and we want to publish them all, the Ork board is out performing all the other boards (save for Imperial Guard) to such an extent when it comes to producing articles that we simply cannot publish them as regularly as we would like.  If you want to see your articles published more quickly, I encourage you to get other boards to step up to the plate in terms of the production of articles, as the more articles we have from other boards to upload with Ork articles, the quicker yours will be published  :).

Apologies for the interruption, but I've received a number of PMs asking about the uploading process, so I thought that it would be beneficial to explain this in detail.  As ever, my inbox is always open for specific questions.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
« Reply #223 on: June 9, 2011, 09:45:24 AM »
I posted a new battle report that includes mynew biker nobz I'm in the process of painting for the scrapyard build off... 

Skeeter, You'll be glad to see I included pics this time!

Adam

I like it, good combo. Not to be nit picky, but maybe next time put a link to the batrep in you WotW post. (I'm lazy and like to find stuff easy) I left more of a comment in the batrep thread.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Zognutz

• Ork Boy
  • To er is 'umie, to WaaaaaaagH! is divine.
« Reply #224 on: June 9, 2011, 11:11:45 AM »
Warboss Zognutz Irongob ere' reportin' fur dutiz!

Iz da kommanda of Da Deff Skwodrun, an fur enuff teef.... or a few big gunz an' a gud fite, my Blood Axe mercenariz can bash, zog, smash an' crump anyfing youz want!

An' youz can find me here...
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=214433.0

Hey guys, my names Andy and I've been playing 40k for 14 years. Only just come over to the green side this year and ooooooh doe it feel good XD.

This is a great thread, I only hope I can contribute as well as others :)

Blood Axe Orks W/D/L - 12/3/1

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #225 on: June 9, 2011, 12:39:08 PM »
@Zog:  Nice looking models on your link...  You really have some excellent painting skills.  your orks look dirty and grungy enough to be propa! lol

Welcome to the waaagh!  With your record in battle with your orks, there's probably not a lot of advice we can give you that you don't already know! lol  Maybe you can give us a new perspective on the orks!  ;)

Adam

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #226 on: June 10, 2011, 01:57:34 AM »
Tactica, Krud Hole, and Zognutz welcome aboard.  Our green side has been growing.   Make sure to stop by the Scrapyard Build Off and check out how your fellow orks are getting some of their projects completed.   

We have a pretty good turn out this month I hope in our following months that we can inspire even more to get on the band wagon and get some of their projects completed. 

tactica it is good to see you back on and finally falling to the dark green side  ;D

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #227 on: June 10, 2011, 07:10:42 AM »
Welcome Zognutz to the Way of the Waagh. Your name has been added to the bank account and you will see it there on the next update (Mondays).

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here at THIS LINK

I realize you are a vet player, and I like your painting style, so after reading the boot kamp and stuff around here maybe you can add some of your sneaky tricks to the collection.

Again, welcome, and many days of happy krumping.
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Higsby

• Ork Yoof
  • There's a reason they call it the WAAAGH!
« Reply #228 on: June 10, 2011, 05:05:26 PM »
Hello all!

I've been into 40k about a year and a half now. I bought the Ork codex at that time and proxied a few games with some models my friend gave me. I put 40k on the shelf for about a year and I just picked it up again about a month ago. My appetite for all things orky has only grown in proportion to the amount of free time that I have this summer. This is my request to join the WotW and be part of this community!

Now in ork:

"Ok Ladz, lissen'up! Da Dok hass finished patchin' me upp, so now lets get krumpin'!"

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #229 on: June 10, 2011, 10:10:06 PM »
Hello, welcome to the GREEN SIDE

Your name has been entered into the bank account, you will see it there next update.

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here atTHIS LINK

Also, make sure to read the first page of this thread to see all the valuable info you have at your finger tips.

Again, welcome aboard.

Offline adamscurr

« Reply #230 on: June 11, 2011, 01:35:38 PM »
BTW Skeet...  inoticed you are the Orkantant!...  Are you an accountant by any chance in real life...  You do a fabulous job keeping up with the teef...  You might consider a career change! lol

Adam

Offline Unite All Action

• Ork Boy
  • I have a cultist! Go my minion and do my bidding!
    • Unite All Action My Hobby On The Internet
« Reply #231 on: June 11, 2011, 01:38:14 PM »
I just noticed I have been deleted as I thought I had already signed up, so can I please join in
To see more check out my blog

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #232 on: June 13, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »
The   BANK ACCOUNT has been updated, some good stuff, and we are up to 64 members.

As always, if you did some teef earning stuff and I missed it, just PM me, or post it here and I will get your teef into your account tooty sweety.

And, U.A.A.Y.C., your name was never deleted, it is still there, but with so many of us now, you may find it hard to find your name in the mob.  ;)

Offline Higsby

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #233 on: June 14, 2011, 03:02:29 PM »
Do I qualify as an ork yoofz for signing up with the WotW? Just curious, I didn't see my name in the list.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #234 on: June 15, 2011, 12:48:15 AM »
Higsby, yes you do.  I am sorry I have been busy. 

We have been talking about a possible probation period but it is not in effect as of yet nor has it been finalized..   So welcome aboard. 

I also want to congratulate two of our members on their recent promotions.

Rayvn 70 and Adamscurr have been promoted to ork elite and will be given the appropriate titles
Rayvn 70 will be a Bad Moon Spanna
Adamscurr will be a Ard Boy 

Thanks for all your hard work.   

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #235 on: June 15, 2011, 08:50:35 AM »
Rayvn 70 and Adamscurr have been promoted to ork elite and will be given the appropriate titles
Rayvn 70 will be a Bad Moon Spanna
Adamscurr will be a Ard Boy 

Congrats to Rayvn70 and Adamscurr on your promotions. Good stuff, now lets get some more good stuff.

Offline Higsby

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #236 on: June 15, 2011, 11:44:14 AM »
Higsby, yes you do.  I am sorry I have been busy. 

We have been talking about a possible probation period but it is not in effect as of yet nor has it been finalized..   So welcome aboard. 

Thanks for all your hard work.

Hey, no worries! Thanks! Probation or not, I'm just excited to have found an online ork community!

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #237 on: June 16, 2011, 11:22:12 AM »
Grats, Adam on a well deserved promotion, bro and thanks for the promotion. I just wanna help in any way I can and most know, I'm kinda new to the ork race but they a whole hell of allot of fun, I know this and conversions are almost endless and I'm constantly chopping stuff up and remaking in the name Gork and Mork

I did go to a tourny with my orks last week, first one with them, I faired pretty well I got 5th place and won "Most Interesting Army" as well as "Most Balanced Army" and the "Fair Player Award". Not a bad outing if I say so, I won a few awards and got me a buttload of plasticard and bitz to further my orky kustoms! I did "nerd" out when I received my prizes by yelling WAAAAHHHHGGG!!! though

Again Grats and thank you

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline Higsby

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #238 on: June 16, 2011, 11:39:06 AM »
I did "nerd" out when I received my prizes by yelling WAAAAHHHHGGG!!! though

Thats perfectly alright rayvn! It happens to the best of us now and then. The overwhelming vicissitude of playing orks often leaves one contemplating the finer details of existence. With chin resting on fist and a space cadet glow, sometimes you are unable to resist your orkish nature. So you stand tall and proud without hunching over, much like the 'oomies do, towering over your friends, neighbors, and cohorts. You bend your knees at an obtuse angle, tilt your head back to stretch out your esophagus, and belt out the most bloodcurdling and feared battlecry this side of the Milky Way.
WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!!!

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #239 on: June 16, 2011, 12:04:27 PM »
HA! Exactly what I did too.

I have some ideas for a new warboss on a bike using a skaven doomwheel and doing something akin to Greivous on his wheel vehicle in the Star Wars movie, though it'll be more orky and I have to work out details with sketches and need to find some of the old leman russ treads to help with the visuals 

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting