News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread  (Read 153826 times)

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • The best upgrade for an ork, is more orks!
  • Armies: Hmmmm.... Orks?
Re: Way of the Waaagh: The New Green Menace Mega Thread
« Reply #160 on: April 27, 2011, 12:02:11 PM »
I would be happy to help write the kan wall tactica. It haas become my favorite build. I have fallen deeply in love with it!

Righto! What I will do is start a thread of builds. Of course I will be posting about speed freaks (others who are also red kult members are welcome to post their list too), and we will have various authors of other type builds such as incredibleskulk doing a kan wall, and whoever else jumps in with their build.

Then after a few weeks or so, I will compile the whole thing into one coherent article and post it for review, or if we want we can clean up the whole thread (remove comments and just have lists) and get it moved into the stickies.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2011, 08:00:33 AM by SKEETERGOD »
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)
     We orks are not about being the hero; We orks are about being the mob.

Quote from: angel of death 007
Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline Mercutioh

• Ork Yoof
  • Chaos and Orks, Making things go squish
« Reply #161 on: April 27, 2011, 02:39:28 PM »
If it's ok since I am so new to the Waagh I would think it would be helpful to give a new Boyz perspective on the individual lists as well as the obvious strengths pointed out by the veterans. Maybe an alternative minimum starting list for the new Ork? or a 1000 point list that would capture the flavor of the list without all the bells and whistles? A new to the tabletop perspective. so we could have escalating versions of the lists.
Boyz(1000) Nob(1500) Boss(2000) I'd be happy to help with editing or contributing to the Boyz level of any of the lists.

Offline fireborn14

• Ork Boy
  • Guns don't kill people, bullets kill people
« Reply #162 on: April 27, 2011, 04:36:44 PM »
I'd be interested in writing a few weird and wacky alternative army lists, I've got a couple running around in my head

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Infinity Circuit | Boss Orkountant | I used Flash Gitz and didn't lose! | KoN Warlord
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #163 on: April 28, 2011, 08:53:25 AM »
I'd be interested in writing a few weird and wacky alternative army lists, I've got a couple running around in my head

Well, I am looking for lists people actually play, so if you have taken the list to a game or two, post it.

If it's ok since I am so new to the Waagh I would think it would be helpful to give a new Boyz perspective on the individual lists as well as the obvious strengths pointed out by the veterans. Maybe an alternative minimum starting list for the new Ork? or a 1000 point list that would capture the flavor of the list without all the bells and whistles? A new to the tabletop perspective. so we could have escalating versions of the lists.
Boyz(1000) Nob(1500) Boss(2000) I'd be happy to help with editing or contributing to the Boyz level of any of the lists.

Thats kinda what I am doing. By getting the lists of those who have played well with their army, I hope to offer to all a "show and tell" kinda thing. This way a new ork player can look through the lists to see what is working, and maybe copy one, or make a blend of one to suit the new players tastes and temperment (or vet players to change their list to something that works better than what they are trying now). To save a lot of trial and error on the part of ork players everywhere (or at least for the ones on this forum). 8)

The Thread of Lists can be found HERE
"It needs but one foe to breed a war. And even those who have not swords can still die upon them" (Lady Eowyn)

Skeetergod: (adj) A crazy fascination for all things combustible mixed with an unhealty lust for red paint. see also Speed Freak

Offline adamscurr

• Mega Armored Biker Boss
  • Armies: Evil Sunz, Crimson Fists
« Reply #164 on: April 30, 2011, 03:35:36 PM »
I posted an 1850 battle report with my new list...  It did pretty well!

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=213624.0

Adam

Cause We's Da Orks, and You's Not!!!

Offline Zefyron

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #165 on: May 2, 2011, 02:37:16 AM »
Do we just post here to sign up? I've been interested in the hobby for years but I'm just starting to get heavily into it and the Orks have caught my eye. This seems like a good place to start.

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #166 on: May 2, 2011, 08:41:10 AM »
Do we just post here to sign up? I've been interested in the hobby for years but I'm just starting to get heavily into it and the Orks have caught my eye. This seems like a good place to start.

Congratulations on choosing orks, and welcome to the Green Side. Your name has been added to the bank account. You will see your name there shortly.

Now, in the event that you didn't look at the stickies above, you should go to Boot Camp here at
THIS LINK

Choose an army and get krumping. Again, welcome to the Green Side.

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #167 on: May 3, 2011, 01:44:51 AM »
Emperors Fists and Zefyron.... Welcome aboard.  We are definately growing and have a lot of really great members.  Not to mention knowledgeable. 

It is good to be green and I think we are starting to make some other's green with envy.  :)

Offline Plague Tower of Nurgle

• Ork Boy
  • My troops are protected by "Nurgley Goodness"
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #168 on: May 3, 2011, 08:02:05 AM »
ok i know i said i would join the Waaagh when i had something to show for it but it wasnt my fault Warseer has been down loads and all the tutorials i was going to use became lost on the internets. However now that Warseer is back up i have saved what i needed and now my painting can begin.

I will start with my AoBR Nob from WD as my test and "Barry" model, after i finish that i have my first 10 man slugga boyz squad primed up and ready for paint.

My FW Warboss on Bike is mostly cleaned up and ready for the pinning / subassembly phase; however i want to have more stuff to epoxy at once so ill pin and glue when my Big Trakk is finished being cleaned.

I have started on some AoBR Deffkoptas and i am trying to find a way to attach some plastic Killer Kan arms w/ saws to the front so i have WYSIWYG buzzsaws.

so sign me up and ill try and put some WIP shots up (it might be hard to see because i use grey car primer and it all looks the same)
legion of sickness
lord of misery
after my death I rise in immortality
unleashing the horror my words are infected
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the rotten
resurrection of the dead

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #169 on: May 3, 2011, 08:42:55 AM »
Welcome to the Way of the Waagh, the best ork forum on the net. Your name has been added to the Bank Account. You will see your name there next Monday when I do the next update.

In case you haven't already looked in the stickies, look in the stickies. Post your army in the faces of the waagh thread, and learn all about ork tricks and tactics in the Ork Boot Camp.

At the begining of this thread on the first page you will find links to articles, tacticas, and the FaQ.

Glad to have you with us, may you have many happy days of krumping.

Offline Wartooth

• Ork Yoof
« Reply #170 on: May 3, 2011, 01:00:10 PM »
Wartoof 'ere I iz postin' on dis 'ere site to tell you lot to lissin up! I iz joinin' dis Waaagh see. I iz bringin' me Boyz and me Kans and me bikes to do some krumpin' and if you lot dun like it das too bad for you!

WAAAGH!

• Ork Boy
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #171 on: May 4, 2011, 07:34:01 AM »
i have gone through the stikkies and noticed there wasnt anything for how-tos for modelling and painting.

i am new to Orks so i have been following Sukigod's blog on Warseer and he has some good step by step How-To. He has one for painting Ork skin, painting straps and ropes, how to do a quick and easy basing that involves no painting, how to paint battle damage using a sponge. he also has some nice modelling guides as well; he has a really nice one for magnetized warbikers so you can swap from regular bikers to warbikers.

could we add Orky related painting, modelling and konversion guides to the stikies?
legion of sickness
lord of misery
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the dead

Offline Saracenar

• Skarboy Nob
  • "Ugh..."
  • Armies: Malifaux :P
« Reply #172 on: May 4, 2011, 07:48:22 AM »
There's a few links to some articles related to modelling and painting on the first page of this thread. Not sure if its everything you're after but there are definitely some good links there, if you haven't already looked.

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #173 on: May 4, 2011, 07:56:42 AM »
There are also a couple of Ork articles about modelling which will soon be uploaded to the article database, so they do exist  :).
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #174 on: May 4, 2011, 08:31:40 AM »
Wartoof 'ere I iz postin' on dis 'ere site to tell you lot to lissin up! I iz joinin' dis Waaagh see. I iz bringin' me Boyz and me Kans and me bikes to do some krumpin' and if you lot dun like it das too bad for you!

WAAAGH!

Welcome to the Green Side

Your name has been added to the bank account, you will see it there next Monday when I do the update.

Now, in case you haven't already, go to the stickies, and read the boot camp, post your current army in the faces of the waagh, and check out the first page of this thread that has lots of useful links and the FAQ.

Glad to have you with us. Soon we will have enough for a Green Tide, and then world domination. (or at least we can try)  ;D

Offline angel of death 007

• Dreadbash Warboss | KoN Veteran
  • Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #175 on: May 4, 2011, 02:51:30 PM »
i have gone through the stikkies and noticed there wasnt anything for how-tos for modelling and painting.

could we add Orky related painting, modelling and konversion guides to the stikies?

I did a painting article awhile back it really isn't an advanced painting article but it is more of a speed painting type article but you can get decent table top results and has a step by step kinda basis. 

Assembly Line Painting, Getting your boyz painted quickly (Article link)

As far as bikers to nob bikers goes I don't think I have seen anything like that but I have been working on some recently never thought to do an article or anything about them.

I know Rayvn70 is working on an article on how to konvert deff koptas to rokkit buggies which is very informative.   

I have seen a few other posts in which painting was done but we don't have a huge amount of painting or modeling articles yet.  I know when I did my article in October we didn't have any sort of article done for several years in the ork project forum.  Recently since we formed the Green Menace the amount of activity has growed and there is a lot more tactica and articles being worked on or in the process of being worked on so we are expanding with our members.  I hope to by the end of the year see several articles on all different aspects of the orks considering how many skilled members we have amongst our ranks.

Anyway welcome aboard.

I also want to Welcome Wartooth aboard as well. 

I also wanna congratulate The Gretchin, Chaos40kAD, and Yeller Dizapline on moving up to Boy status.  Keep up the good work guys. 
« Last Edit: May 4, 2011, 03:33:53 PM by angel of death 007 »

• Ork Boy
    • Northeast Gamers Hub
« Reply #176 on: May 4, 2011, 04:25:53 PM »
perhaps ill have to post links to portions of his blog for approval, everything he does is step by step with pictures. the warbikers to nob bikers is yet another interesting way to use AoBR models.
legion of sickness
lord of misery
feast on my rot
I am resurrected

resurrection of the dead

Offline SoS Grant

• Ork Yoof
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #177 on: May 8, 2011, 11:03:14 PM »
Sign me up. Ill post in the Faces of the WAAAAGH!!!! thread once I find my camera.

Offline Rayvn70

• Bad Moon Spanna Nob
  • too much fun is bad? Pish Posh
  • Armies: Blood Angels,  Orks, Eldar,
« Reply #178 on: May 8, 2011, 11:29:04 PM »
Yes, I have 2 conversion articles awaiting approval
they can be found here:

http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=212429.0
http://www.40konline.com/index.php?topic=212460.0

I'm also working on another "how-to" paint bad moon clan orks and a looted wagon from a Tau Devilfish. Some other crazy ideas knocking around in my head with how to's in comming as well, and a bunch of bat reps 

Also allow me to welcome you newer orks to the green side

3 Things matter in marksmanship.... Location location location

My favorite part of Star Wars is when Darth Vader flips out and chokes a coworker at a staff meeting

Offline SKEETERGOD

• Lazerous Penguin
« Reply #179 on: May 9, 2011, 08:41:17 AM »
The Bank Account is updated HERE some good stuff, new members and the final of the grot off. Good job to all.

Sign me up. Ill post in the Faces of the WAAAAGH!!!! thread once I find my camera.

Welcome to the green side.

I just updated, so you won't see your name in the bank account until next Monday when I update the bank account again. In the mean time, you should go to Boot Camp here at THIS LINK

« Last Edit: May 9, 2011, 08:49:10 AM by SKEETERGOD »