News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: My Aeldari and Aelf  (Read 60237 times)

Offline Cavalier

• One Archon to Rules Test Them All | High Corsair Prince of Painting | Warlock
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
  • Armies: Eldar, Dark Angels, World Eaters
Re: Start of my Corsair Journey.
« Reply #100 on: April 14, 2017, 07:07:57 AM »
Its a blue Visarch bonanza! Looking great Magenb... the highlights are really nice and the gold, the fur and the color of the blade are really nice accents. I wish I had this model... and the rest of the triumvirate.... Anyway looking good, keep it up!
Check out my army! Eldar Corsair Army

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #101 on: April 14, 2017, 08:54:58 AM »
Great looking model Magenb. The armour is brilliant - a very good colour; very rich and finished well. I also would consider adding a thin white edge highlight on the sword, just to make it pop am little bit.

All these Visarchs has me hankering to get mine built!!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #102 on: April 15, 2017, 06:46:16 AM »
Thanks guys

Brilliant colors! Just love the effect. Only critique from me is the sword, maybe a strong white highlight on the tip and edges, but that's just me.

yeah a few things are not showing up very well in the photos, like the sword edges and the glowing eyes, maybe I was just too subtle or something.

Its a blue Visarch bonanza!
My Visarch and Yncarne both have blue armours to fit in with the rest of my Eldar. Yvraine's just got some tweaks.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #103 on: April 16, 2017, 09:32:16 AM »
Oh-my-giddy-aunt!
Just finished going through the whole five pages. Artistically challenged? Horse pucky! Really enjoyed viewing this, Magenb. I could see the improvement in both painting and kitbashing from picture to picture. Really like the blue and gold. The swooping hawk view of your skimmers showed an Egyptian vibe with those two colours. Thanks for sharing, mate... Be well!

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #104 on: April 17, 2017, 10:55:10 PM »
I love how you choose to do a rainbow myriad of colours for the gemstones in the cloak. It's like a smorgasbord of little space elf souls!

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #105 on: April 18, 2017, 05:31:39 PM »
Thanks guys.

Never considered an Egyptian angle before, but yeah I can see it now matches up. Might need to take a longer look to see if there's any more inspiration there.

A smorgasbord huh, Taste the rainbow! Eldar soul stones just like skittles :)

Offline Aurics Pride

• Aspect Warrior
  • I tread the hidden path.....
  • Armies: Eldar, Raven Guard, Slaanesh
« Reply #106 on: April 19, 2017, 05:55:38 AM »
Really like the Visarch Magenb, you've done justice to a nice model. Love the red cloak, does a great job contrasting against the blue.
+++ VICTORUS AUT MORTIS +++

My Army Blog (Corsair & Raven Guard: Here

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #107 on: May 6, 2017, 08:52:59 AM »
So had an Apoc game today, thankfully no one was a rules nazi, just more about having fun, with that in mind Eldar managed to get some Necron and Ork meat shields :). I thought I might have been able to do a batrep on it, but we had limited time per turn and I didn't have enough to roll everything off let alone record it all down.

I'll drop a link to the imgur Album rather than posting each image, once I've been able to upload every thing.

Silly amounts of points on the table, every with all the templates and heavy guns (sooo many big guns) and sooo many reserves couldn't really kill each other fast enough. Infantry really couldn't get up the board fast enough, or they were to fast and were just vaporised as nothing else was in range. I think I might actually field my vampire next time as soo many points just didn't reach anything.

And here are the promised pics :)
Sector 357 - Album on Imgur
« Last Edit: May 6, 2017, 09:18:02 AM by magenb »

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #108 on: May 6, 2017, 09:25:17 AM »
As long as you had a hoot, Magenb.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #109 on: June 19, 2017, 05:06:08 AM »
The part have arrived!

Time for some cleanups and undercoating.

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #110 on: June 19, 2017, 07:59:51 AM »
Great stuff Mage! Looks like you unloaded the bits box to make this guy. He came out great! Can't wait to see some paint on him  ;D ;D ;D

I'm also on the Splintermind Podcast! http://www.facebook.com/splintermindpodcast/

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #111 on: June 19, 2017, 08:34:24 AM »
Niiiiice Magenb!
Bit of a licorice all sorts there, mate... Hope he lands right. Could be an uncomfortable battle for him if he doesn't.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #112 on: June 30, 2017, 03:47:53 AM »
OK little bit more work done on some test schemes.

Here is my test scheme for Exodite Fire Dragons, really rough paint job to get a feel for it. I'm thinking black for the face plate would be much of a difference, any recommendations?

Here is my Incubi/Scorpions, I'm thinking of adding the black and red weave onto the mask, so it aligns more with the Banshee style masks. But I'm not sure about the dark red, that scheme works for dark reapers but there isn't any tanned leather.

The cloak is blue as I imagine they use the hides from fallen screamers :)

Couple of test builds for Avengers, the one with the guardian legs would be an exarch. Possibly even as Guardian defenders.

Mount test

« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 07:05:36 AM by Killersquid »

Offline Irisado

• A Light in The Grim-Darkness ~ Guns Don't Kill People, Copyright Stats Do | Farseer | Reporting Live! from the Crime Scene | Somewhat behind the times
  • Administrator
  • Soñando debajo del arco iris
  • Armies: Administrators must not play 40K
« Reply #113 on: June 30, 2017, 06:08:20 AM »
I think that you need to make the photos smaller, as at the moment they are huge, which makes it hard to appreciate the work that you've put in.
You haunt my in-box like an ex-girl friend could only dream of.

The Forum Rules - Please Read and Remember Them.

Soñando con una playa donde brilla el sol, un arco iris ilumina el cielo, y el mar espejea iridescentemente

Offline Cavalier

• Lazerous Penguin
  • Corsair Prince
« Reply #114 on: June 30, 2017, 01:50:45 PM »
Nice! Looking good Mage. Love the mix of bits you've used, they really do mesh. The Scorpion/Incubi are my faves of the bunch, it has that cool sneaking type pose. Also the paint job on the Seeker is really nice! Great stuff man keep it up.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #115 on: June 30, 2017, 08:31:00 PM »
A-maz-ing!
G'day Magenb. The work you've put into these boys has paid off.
Your right about the black face plate on the FD. Any other colour would take away from the hot and metallic colours already on there. Keep on inspiring, mate... Be well.

Offline dog_of_war

• Aspect Warrior
  • Armies: Orks, Chaos Space Marines, Eldar, Dark Eldar
« Reply #116 on: June 30, 2017, 10:08:34 PM »
I'm liking the colour scheme so far. I know it's far from finished, but I hope you're planning on washing the heck out of those mail cloaks, as the shiny silver is just screaming too much high elf. Get them nice and gritty to make them feel more like their a primal world. Just my two cents, but then again I'm used to painting orks and chaos, so I'm partial to a dirty paint job.

Offline Saim-Dann

« Reply #117 on: July 1, 2017, 12:11:57 AM »
G'day Magenb!
Couldn't get your latest project out of my mind, last night, and I had a thought. I know right! My family are still wide eyed in shock.
The Eldar fashion armour and such from wraith bone, so I wondered how the chain mail and helmet would look painted bone.

Offline magenb

• Aspect Warrior
  • I *LOVE* 40k Online!
« Reply #118 on: July 1, 2017, 03:25:39 AM »
G'day Magenb!
Couldn't get your latest project out of my mind, last night, and I had a thought. I know right! My family are still wide eyed in shock.
The Eldar fashion armour and such from wraith bone, so I wondered how the chain mail and helmet would look painted bone.

The Bleached Bone and white are a bit too much on the same model in those quantities. I tried a brown wash, but it came out too much like wood. That might be because I used bone with a layer of redish-brown ink on staves for a polished wooden look previously.

I'm liking the colour scheme so far. I know it's far from finished, but I hope you're planning on washing the heck out of those mail cloaks, as the shiny silver is just screaming too much high elf. Get them nice and gritty to make them feel more like their a primal world. Just my two cents, but then again I'm used to painting orks and chaos, so I'm partial to a dirty paint job.

Yeah I hear you, I'm too used to painting clean Eldar and High Elves, so painting dirty is tripping me out a bit lol. The FD actually already has a layer of Nulin Oil on it.

I'm trying to decide if I should try Screaming Bell, Balthasar gold or even Warplock Bronze, wash of Nulin with a silver dry brush. The white cloak might look out of sorts, may have to find some old metal like spearmean to practise on.

Offline Looshkin

• Aspect Warrior
  • Lazerous Penguin
  • Once held an Utter Fear of Tiny Diamonds
  • Armies: I 'play' Eldar. Or at least horde unpainted models
« Reply #119 on: July 1, 2017, 12:24:33 PM »
Great work man!

I think all of the modelling and painting is coming along fantastically. I (like Cav) particularly like the Scorpion/Incubi. It kinda reminds me of minis that you would have found in one of GW's stand alone games like Warhammer Quest back in the day. Love it!
WD127 - Started a Love Affair my Wallet Just Can't Cope With...