News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Calgar and Deepstriking?  (Read 547 times)

Offline ChapterMaster42

Calgar and Deepstriking?
« on: February 15, 2012, 08:47:24 PM »
Hi all, i got a question on teleporting (deep striking) a squad of terminators. In my army i plan to be using marneus calgar and an honor guard as my HQ. if calgar is already in a squad, am i still able to use the teleport beacon on his armor upgrade (armor of antilochus) to teleport a squad of CC terminators near him? Im new to the game so the answer might be blindingly simple to all of you experts out there.. The pain of us noobs :/ thanks in advance! I am trying to learn how to pick up the idea of deep striking and this question kinda got me stuck a little..

Offline KJQ

• Lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Re: Calgar and Deepstriking?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2012, 12:22:08 PM »
You can use the teleport homer Calgar has as described (see its description on pg. 101 of the codex).  Generally IC's and special characters don't lose the use of any weapons or equipment when they join another unit. Usually it is a special rule that might be lost (and sometimes gained). These are detailed in the universal rules section in the BRB (starting on pg 74), or with the special rule in the codex.  If a weapon/equipment item usage is lost (can't think of any examples off hand), then it would be stated when the weapon/equipment is described in the codex.

Remember that if Calgar isn't on the table at the start of the game, then his TPH can't be used by other units coming in the same turn as him.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2012, 12:27:22 PM by KJQ »
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten what one has learned in school. " - Albert Einstein

Offline ChapterMaster42

Re: Calgar and Deepstriking?
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »
Ok! That makes sense, thanks so much for clearin that up! :)