News: No news is good news...

Login  |  Register

Author Topic: Revising my army for 5th edition... lookin for input.  (Read 612 times)

Offline Wartooth

• Ork Yoof
Revising my army for 5th edition... lookin for input.
« on: July 17, 2008, 09:53:42 AM »
Hey guys,

I'm tweaking my army list up a little bit after taking into account the changes 5th edition brings. I don't actually own a 5th edition book yet everythig I know about 5th edition is from word of mouth at my local game store so the list might be tweaked again once I have the book and got to know the rules better.

So anyway, here's the list (2000 points):

HQ
Big Mek with SAG

Big Mek with KFF

Elites
12 Lootas

12 Tank Bustas

Troops
30 Boyz w/ Shootas
3 Big Shootas
Nob w/ PK

30 Boyz w/ Shootas
3 Big Shootas
Nob w/ PK

12 Boyz w/ Sluggas & Choppas
Nob w/PK & Bosspole
Trukk w/Red Paint Job

12 Boyz w/ Sluggas & Choppas
Nob w/PK & Bosspole
Trukk w/Red Paint Job

Deff Dread
Additional Deadnaught CC Weapon
Big Shoota

Fast Attack
3 Deffkoptas
3 Twin Linked Rokkit Launchers
2 Buzzsaws

Heavy Support
Looted Wagon
Boomgun
2 Big Shootas

3 Killa Kans
3 Grotzookas

Battle Wagon
Zzap Gun
4 Rokkit Launchers
Armor Plates

So there you have it. The only thing to note is that the Tank Bustas will pretty much always be riding in the BW and shoot from teh vehicle. So what do you think? Will this list do well in the hands of a competent player? Or is there some glaring weakness that I'm totally forgetting? I'm not really looking to beat or be unbeatable to specific armies (I dont think we know which armies are the powerhouse armies just yet under the new rules) just looking for an idea how my list may fare in 5th edition.

Thanks!

Offline Sucker_PF3

• Grot
  • "Operate! Operate! Still time to Operate!"
Re: Revising my army for 5th edition... lookin for input.
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 10:09:38 AM »
I think the list looks fine. Just remember that the enemy can now shoot at your IC's if they are not in squads, so maybe give the SAG a bodd poll and stick him in the lootas or take a cheap shootaboy squad to shield him. (It is gonna suck to lose him to a shot on the first turn.)

You can always hide the KFF behind the kanz and dreadz, and keep him out of LOS.

Dont forget, if a tank trys to ram your walkers you can death or glory it w/ that DDCW, and it is an automatic hit.  ;D

Offline Banned Solorg

• WAAAAAAAaaaaaban...
  • Orks is never beaten. only banned
    • Tellyport to the Ork Board Now
Re: Revising my army for 5th edition... lookin for input.
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 02:13:03 PM »
Looks good to me, also.  And that DeffDread is even better in 5th Edition now that it can run.  Tool that sucker up for H2H and let 'im rip!  Will probably do best if you send him in with a few of the Boyz at the same time.
BANNED - because spamming catches up with you in the end.  Especially someone who uses a school server to host Orks and loli.

Orks iz BEST cause we were made to FIGHT and WIN